[Official] Suggestions for the Server

TitsRP

I think we should change the ban message and ban system (Keep ULX bans, but add in a gui, you'll see what this is for later)

The ban message should be like this

The court of the Banhammer has found their verdict.

YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND GUILTY FOR:

-(Charge 1)

-(Charge 2)

-(Charge 3)

(insert more charges if needed)

AND HAVE BEEN SENTENCED TO: (Ban Time)

The GUI should be for adding in charges so that they're spaced out in the way shown above.

I know it's a suggestion but here's some problems;

It's way too long, it would flood chat.

The current ban system works great and has almost no bugs.

Changing the system would be a hassle, you'd have to go fiddling with the predefined variables and strings in the addon files.

I'm just a user, but having owned my own server in the past, if someone asked me to do this I would straight up reject it.

Good idea, too much work required and is pointless.

EDIT: THERE ARE POSITIVES THOUGH;

Well written, sounds cool, would be very unique.

Neater than the current one.

Actually sounds like the person's verdict has been decided.

I neglected to answer these in the first draft.

Hops made very many valid points.

To add:

If a staff would do such this, you would have to type in more, delaying the situation a little bit. 

And if it were to be a stressful time (Like at night): It would take longer to deal with everyone. (We all know it can be a pain for the staff during the day, too.)

But it's a great concept man. Great thinking.  ;)

I think we should change the ban message and ban system (Keep ULX bans, but add in a gui, you'll see what this is for later)

-(Charge 1)

-(Charge 2)

-(Charge 3)

The GUI should be for adding in charges so that they're spaced out in the way shown above.

Changing the system would be a hassle, you'd have to go fiddling with the predefined variables and strings in the addon files.

I'm just a user, but having owned my own server in the past, if someone asked me to do this I would straight up reject it.

To add:

If a staff would do such this, you would have to type in more, delaying the situation a little bit. 

And if it were to be a stressful time (Like at night): It would take longer to deal with everyone. (We all know it can be a pain for the staff during the day, too.)

He was talking about the warning threshold autoban, I think...

-(Charge 1)

-(Charge 2)

-(Charge 3)

To add:

If he was, nevermind those statements. And please kill me.

-(Charge 1)

-(Charge 2)

-(Charge 3)

To add:

If he was, nevermind those statements. And please kill me.

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

I LOVE TO -SNIP-.... THANKS SUGAR!

Anyway I think this is a great suggestion; however, this post is getting out of hand.

PLEASE, IF YOU'RE Quoting something and it gets to this point, please do -snip-

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

-snip-

k

Perhaps add in a portal storm feature.

Every 30-60 minutes, a portal storm will hit without warning and vaporize everything that isn't in a building (cars, props, players, etc.).

This would add in more excitement/RP into the server (but not too much, just enough to keep the players entertained without driving them off like evocity did.)  and a few more jobs/mechanics.

Some possibilities:

Storm Warden: They are the front-line in saving as much as possible when a portal storm hits. They are given a 1-3 minute warning by default and then have the job of activating alarms, checking streets and ushering people into buildings before entering one themselves. They are a CP job and are allowed to arrest people if they do not enter a building when told to.

Storm Alarm: Can be bought by Storm Wardens and should be fairly pricey. They are activated with a SWEP or entity located in the PD and alert the public to the storm.

Storm Technician: They can buy a research table that lets them either gradually increase the time between storms (about 10 mins) or increase the notification time that Wardens get before the storm. This research is set back to zero every server reset. 

Personal Storm Alarm: Just in case there are no Wardens on, people can buy a personal storm alarm that gives a very short notice before a storm (~5 seconds). This lasts until death.

Mechanics: These will become more important, as they can store cars for a price to prevent them from being destroyed in a storm.

Knowing our playerbase, this will probably NEVER be added in, but I wanted to write it anyway :3

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

-snip-

k

Perhaps add in a portal storm feature.

Every 30-60 minutes, a portal storm will hit without warning and vaporize everything that isn't in a building (cars, props, players, etc.).

This would add in more excitement/RP into the server (but not too much, just enough to keep the players entertained without driving them off like evocity did.)  and a few more jobs/mechanics.

Some possibilities:

Storm Warden: They are the front-line in saving as much as possible when a portal storm hits. They are given a 1-3 minute warning by default and then have the job of activating alarms, checking streets and ushering people into buildings before entering one themselves. They are a CP job and are allowed to arrest people if they do not enter a building when told to.

Storm Alarm: Can be bought by Storm Wardens and should be fairly pricey. They are activated with a SWEP or entity located in the PD and alert the public to the storm.

Storm Technician: They can buy a research table that lets them either gradually increase the time between storms (about 10 mins) or increase the notification time that Wardens get before the storm. This research is set back to zero every server reset. 

Personal Storm Alarm: Just in case there are no Wardens on, people can buy a personal storm alarm that gives a very short notice before a storm (~5 seconds). This lasts until death.

Mechanics: These will become more important, as they can store cars for a price to prevent them from being destroyed in a storm.

Knowing our playerbase, this will probably NEVER be added in, but I wanted to write it anyway :3

This would make me so happy tbh. It seems so fun.

Put the Trusted ULX group in. Give it access to the toolgun additions you talked about in a past changelog and also give it access to votekick, and to voteban for up to 60 minutes. If you decide to do the votekick/ban thing, don't forget to give mod/admin access to ulx stopvote.

Put the Trusted ULX group in. Give it access to the toolgun additions you talked about in a past changelog and also give it access to votekick, and to voteban for up to 60 minutes. If you decide to do the votekick/ban thing, don't forget to give mod/admin access to ulx stopvote.

I can still add a trusted group but I don't think I would give them the tools I was talking about before since they are pretty taxing on the server

• Rubik unpinned this topic