[Official] Suggestions for the Server

TitsRP

Ok since nobody will listen to me about why I think we should experiment with map changes I gotta post it on the forums.

EVERYONE says a map change is a bad idea but the thing is, newbs don't know if they will like the map or not. even if they would love the map they don't know it so sugar's offer is always going to fail. so if we force a map change on people then see what happens then you would know for sure they don't like it. like think of it like trying new foods. you can either go for the food that u know is alright or u can try the new food that u will either love or hate.

obviously u you go for the one u know is ok. but if you force someone to try the other option u will absolutely know if they will like it or hate it. so if a newbie likes the new map they got forced to play then u should keep it and boom we finally have a new map.  if they hate it then switch back.  and by not experimenting you will always have the same boring map and if we don't find a new map we don't find one but there is always a chance that there will be a map that's better then the shit one we have and people will play it.

also the map I want (downtown altered) is the SAME FUCKING MAP, with a few extentions that make the map bigger while only changing the original A LITTLE BIT.

So by creating a new server people will only go to the map they know even if they would've loved the new map and would think the old map is shit. that what I'm trying to say. only once you have tried all variants or all maps that would fit our servers population can you say that a map change will 100% decrease the server population. Otherwise even though the new map would've thrived, they wont join it cause the "alright" version of the map is still available.

So every once in a while you should still try a new map to see if people like it or not. if it dies cross it off the list of maps you would like to try to change to and so on. so once you know for sure that all the maps to change to are a bad idea then you can say no map changes. otherwise there is still a chance that people would like the new map .

You also said that once you switched back to downtown, the server population peaked again so there is no long term damage to the server so there is no lethal harm in changing maps.

So in conclusion: if someone suggests a map that u know failed, say no cause u already know that people don't like it. And If someone suggests a map that u haven't experimented with yet, give it a try cause like you said, when u switched back the server population refilled itself like it never even happened.

And if some of you still disagree with me give me a very detailed explanation why.

Ok since nobody will listen to me about why I think we should experiment with map changes I gotta post it on the forums.

EVERYONE says a map change is a bad idea but the thing is, newbs don't know if they will like the map or not. even if they would love the map they don't know it so sugar's offer is always going to fail. so if we force a map change on people then see what happens then you would know for sure they don't like it. like think of it like trying new foods. you can either go for the food that u know is alright or u can try the new food that u will either love or hate.

obviously u you go for the one u know is ok. but if you force someone to try the other option u will absolutely know if they will like it or hate it. so if a newbie likes the new map they got forced to play then u should keep it and boom we finally have a new map.  if they hate it then switch back.  and by not experimenting you will always have the same boring map and if we don't find a new map we don't find one but there is always a chance that there will be a map that's better then the shit one we have and people will play it.

also the map I want (downtown altered) is the SAME FUCKING MAP, with a few extentions that make the map bigger while only changing the original A LITTLE BIT.

So by creating a new server people will only go to the map they know even if they would've loved the new map and would think the old map is shit. that what I'm trying to say. only once you have tried all variants or all maps that would fit our servers population can you say that a map change will 100% decrease the server population. Otherwise even though the new map would've thrived, they wont join it cause the "alright" version of the map is still available.

So every once in a while you should still try a new map to see if people like it or not. if it dies cross it off the list of maps you would like to try to change to and so on. so once you know for sure that all the maps to change to are a bad idea then you can say no map changes. otherwise there is still a chance that people would like the new map .

You also said that once you switched back to downtown, the server population peaked again so there is no long term damage to the server so there is no lethal harm in changing maps.

So in conclusion: if someone suggests a map that u know failed, say no cause u already know that people don't like it. And If someone suggests a map that u haven't experimented with yet, give it a try cause like you said, when u switched back the server population refilled itself like it never even happened.

And if some of you still disagree with me give me a very detailed explanation why.

You will just never get it... buy your own server and try running that map lol tell me how it goes!

-snip-

"It's not downtown"

I love downtown and I don't want it to change.  It's my favorite map and when server owners switch the map, I go towards another server. 

If you want to do more research on why a map change is not a great idea, look up New Map on the search bar and scroll through all those threads.

Yo better yet, take sugar up on that offer about opening a second server. He basically said he would dev that shit for you. All you would have to do is hand sugar some cash and sit back and relax. You would get your map change, but don't expect more than 5 people on it past the first day of it opening.

Yo better yet, take sugar up on that offer about opening a second server. He basically said he would dev that shit for you. All you would have to do is hand sugar some cash and sit back and relax. You would get your map change, but don't expect more than 5 people on it past the first day of it opening.

Honestly, the server population would split between the 2 servers....

I would definitely supply the money to open another server, but it's not worth it.

It would probably split the population for the first day AT BEST it will split it for the first week. Everyone will return back to the downtown_v4c_v2 server I promise you.

But if anyone wants to see for themselves then just talk to sugar and send him the payment.

It would probably split the population for the first day AT BEST it will split it for the first week. Everyone will return back to the downtown_v4c_v2 server I promise you.

But if anyone wants to see for themselves then just talk to sugar and send him the payment.

That split is why I said its an invalid offer, he would have to switch the current server to the other map otherwise people would just stick to what they know, even though they might have loved the new map. people are just afraid to try new things in life which is why I said you gotta force them to try it. that my point. they might love it but they will never try it unless you force it upon them.

So I WILL take that offer IF the current server gets a map change and not making a new one cause like sugar said, the server magically repopulated when there was a switch back so no lethal harm to the server will happen. and if sugar is right, then he makes 45$.and if I'm right then I get a refund and a new map. so its a win-win either way.

Switch CW with M9K weapons, thx

I support this.  100%

Always wanted M9K weapons more than a Yacht in evocity.

[suggestion towards the rules]:

I believe that see through prop material should NOT be allowed on the server.  I've seen this in plenty of bases and honesty, what is the difference between this and walls. This has been on the server for a long time and honestly it makes raiding a base 20x harder.

I know that most of your guys base dupes involve this type of defense, but honestly when you attempt to raid everyone and everyone has the same setup, where is the fun in raiding. 

I was attempting to set a small area in admin zone to test, if smoke grenades block off the ability to see, but I wasn't able to see if this theory worked.  What happened was I ended up removing part of event (Sorry).

I still think it's exploiting even with the smoke grenade.  Might as well have walls during a raid, right?

P.S Trying to move the topic away from new map change.

• Rubik unpinned this topic