Staff's Day Off

Lil' Pudin' Taters

8 hours ago, USN peepoo said:

Why not just allow you to mass rdm right before server resets with an announcement at the 10-20 minute mark before it does.

This isn't a bad idea but there are rarely staff that are online when server restarts, so people are always mass rdming and get away with it unless a voteban/kick is made

I can see quite a few issues arising from this. 

1. What happens when players join during this time and aren't notified of what's going on? I think it's safe to say they will not return.
  2. What happens if people do not want to participate in this? There is no way to "opt out" of being mass RDMing coming out of spawn
  3. What if someone is grinding for leaderboards, farming resources, etc.
  4. What happens after reset if players still think the mass rdm event is going on? 

All in all I think it's going to be a negative but we do still have the RDM zone and I believe quite a few upgrades to it are in the works, including player created maps. 

Here’s how I’d make it for players loggin into a purge. 

have text somewhere on the screen that’s noticeable that a purge is active. When the purge ends have the sirens from the movie go off. (Same would sound when it starts) it’s a purge event so it’s RP related, players that don’t want to take part do what they did in the movies and literally try to survive for 5 minutes. [Answer for 1, partially 2, 3]

Going from this. Until we made crips v bloods KOS we had the same problem. And we STILL have the same problem with PD Bank event. Let alone the Revolt timer and people still raiding the PD after it ends. It’s not like we don’t have the same problems already here with other things. (Not a way to say let’s have another one but it is bringing up the point it already happens and we deal with it accordingly) [Answer for 4]

Furthering on my point on players opting out when collecting resources and things like that. People who opt out of VIP event still get selected for the event from time to time. [Rest of 2]