Actual List of words you cant say

snake eyes

While it might come off as someone just wanting to say the nword i actually would rather want a genuine list because when i was first starting in i called someone a beaner and got muted for it and as far as i know, there's no overall list of what you cant say. All it says is "Do Not Use Racial Slurs Or Be Overly Offensive To Other Players/Staff." which i don't think is very descriptive given how freely you are allowed to promote and endorse Fascism, something i'm sure would confuse a new player who has no idea you cant use beaner or the nword with a hard r. It would also lead to less situations where one guy says "get giggered lol" in chat and the admins go on a mute spree from people who complain that using things such as "bigger, jigger, trigger" are equally as in the wrong as gigger.

giving it up to common sense wont solve anything but ok, it just lets admins who think a word is being used offensively to just mute without second thought. And how is someone who just joined in supposed to know using the n-word with an ER at the end isn't allowed but using it with an A is, they're both basically the exact same word directed at the exact same race. Or that using "jigger" at the wrong time might just get them muted even if its not meant to be used offensively.

Actually, those mutes are for people using those words as a stand-in for racial slurs. If you apply common sense to a situation, it's very easy to avoid being muted.
Example:

Good: Players are legitimately talking about carpentry hardware and you bring up how your jigger is vibrating strangely.

Bad: People are being muted and talking about racial slurs, and you randomly say "jigger". Then someone else calls people "dumb biggers." Then someone mentions "don't be a trigger." 

To give a specific example, the person who was muted for the jigger comment insisted that jigger meant a jig saw blade. I scrolled up to when they said it and could find no mention of anybody talking about any form of machinery, saws, woodworking, etc. All they said was the word "jigger," no other context given outside of...him and other people were talking about the n word. 🤔 Not a matter of miscommunication, it's very entirely obvious what they meant. It'd take a fool to think otherwise.

If I have to ask you why you would bring that up or use that specific word and you can't give me an answer, you probably shouldn't say it. You act like we're stupid. You act like saying "WELL IT MEANS THIS OTHER THING" means we have to turn a blind eye to what you're doing. You aren't clever. 

I understand a lot of players having this particular issue may not have experience in social interaction with others outside of technology/an online setting, but considering that kind of setting may give you a good place to start. We generally have very few restrictions besides specifically using racial slurs and I can't help but wonder what kind of person you would have to be to define yourself so much by your need to either use racial slurs or try to get away with slur-like words/phrases.

Like you can RP as a Nazi or have an abortion clinic for black babies or have a whites-only cafe or a conversion camp, isn't that enough? We literally just ask you to not say these very few things and kindly don't loophole it and y'all go NUTS in chat and on the Discord

Gigger hasn't ever been a thing on this server. Do you mean giga? Why are you typing it like that if you know people are getting in trouble for it?

Edited by Walter the Assaulter

Firstly i'm aware Gigger hasn't ever been a thing, and second, i'm only using those points of jigger and Gigger to note how easily it can be to use a word and then get it considered offensive by an administrator. I would seriously doubt that anyone outside of a staff team whos looking out for offensive words/phrases was looking for racial language in "gigger" and i doubt that newcomers are gonna see "gigger" and think of it offensively. Since nobody has set it stone what is and isn't allowed and has let it up to be common sense it just makes for a bunch of complaining and confusion when someone types something in chat and someone thinks its a slur for something. The same thing could very easily be attributed to any word, or phrase, and simply muting anyone who sounds like they might be offending someone/something.

And no walter i don't think most people who want to use gigger or jigger offensively define themselves much at all by a need to use racial slurs, i think they would just want to get this problem that has been left unchecked cleared up entirely with a simple ruleset that everyone knows, newcomers and oldheads alike.