The failures of the TitsRP rules

Sticks

Probably because that word is associated with years of slavery and abuse. It has been a word that we don't say for a long time and for good reason. While on the other hand the trans community is a fairly new concept and isn't treated differently or forced to work tirelessly, killed, or beaten because of the color of their skin. Some people still don't agree with the transgender concept. Now while that is changing I still believe in the right to share your opinions. Comparing these two concepts is stupid. 

Seeing that you have not given any proof that anyone has been been spouting anit-LGBTQLMNOP in advert for half and hour, I can assure you that someone on staff will tell you to at least stop, especially if the hate speech is causing someone to get upset.

Your argument also sucks because your reasoning is literally "Why can't anyone say a certain racial slur, when people can hate on trans people?" That reasoning doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Why are you trying to justify a hate word, by saying hating on a different group is okay?

• Thanks 1

Why is saying the n word punishable with a ban

Your question is a bit loaded. All racial slurs aren't and haven't been allowed. Breaking any rule an extreme amount of times is a bannable offense, or leaving in the sit to avoid punishment, or rejoining to get rid of a mute. And all of those are completely the fault of the user so I'm not sure why you would blame the rules.

Did any staff explicitly allow it? Did you talk to any staff about it in the first place? What exactly is "anti trans hate speech" in this situation? You haven't provided any examples, what did they say? Do you have any chat logs? Any specified phrases that you saw in chat that bother you?

Bullying and other forms of harassment aren't allowed as per the MOTD, but I'm interested in seeing what comparison you're trying to draw in your post. If you're comparing it to the offensiveness of the inhumane slave trade (which has been going on for most of human history and still to this day both legally and illegally); the racially charged beatings, murders, and riots; as well as decades of systematic oppression from the government at all levels even after becoming "free" then it's gotta be pretty bad and whatever they said should potentially be banned language.

Edit:
That was just an exaggerated joke.
If you think somebody is saying something they shouldn't be and staff that are online aren't doing anything, take some screenshots and create a report.

Edited by Walter the Assaulter
Made clearer

I have nothing to add, except for the fact that you let that go on for so long. This is your fault man. I can't believe you have the AUDACITY to complain about racism, yet you let that go on for so long. Staff get busy with sits, and aren't eternal gods. 

While I understand the N word is associated with racism and slavery, how is nazi rp allowed? Is nazism not associated with racism, mass genocide, and several other horrible themes? Many people complained when we literally had someone RPing as Der Furher when they became mayor, with massive swastika dupes, and mods/admins did nothing about this? Not trying to justify use of the N word here, but more asking why the double standard?

The final answer to your question is - we believe in players having the freedom to do and say whatever as long as it is within the Steam guidelines and TOS. We do not train our staff to “police people” but instead look for rule-breakers and respond to sits. At the end of the day, if a sit is not called or an issue is not raised by the community regarding a particular situation, then probably nothing will be done.

if you guys would rather I train my staff to focus on social issues and teaching players how to RP without offending anyone instead of catching Mass RDMers and cheaters then that’s fine, but don’t expect them to take sits for those issues as they will be way to preoccupied with policing the community.

At the end of the day, staff are real people with real lives just like you and I. They spend their time on the server focusing on real issues like cheaters and mass rdmers and in their free time, they like to play the game too 🙂. If you have an issue with another players behavior and you are not getting a response in a timely manner in-game, the appropriate thing to do would be to open a player report on the Forums. 
We should not point fingers at staff for “letting this behavior happen” but instead focus on the root of the problem, and work as a team to guide our own community in the right direction. The minute we start pointing fingers at other people (including staff), the original vision of making change is lost and working as a community to get shit done is completely gone out the window. 

Hope this helps clear some things up and offer a new perspective from a senior staff member for the server. If you have any questions / concerns related to this issue feel free to DM me on Discord.