Jetpacks and SBC Cannons

Lysergic

you remind me of viscus, except not really because he gave really great suggestions.

sbcs are bad, i just throw them away in the rdm zone,

jetpacks are risky to use, i slammed 5 into the ground before i got used to it.

Don't you guys get it? Whether jetpacks are expensive or not, or whether they are easy to come across or not is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. The problem is jetpack pvp, its mechanics, and its implications. The things that makes gmod, gmod is the fact that you mostly kill with guns and melee weapons, not that you noclip-pvp. Not fun for most people, either 1v1ing another person with a jetpack or being killed by a person with it. It comes down to pure luck and all of the skill factor that makes this game fun is lost once it all comes down to luck and who can hit a target moving at the speed of light.

Also, I don't want the OP shit handed to me, I want the OP shit that breaks this server's ability to rely on skill and risk gone. I want the server to be fun and not ran by the same people that reply to this thread on the first place. These guys (4 people in this thread) are complaining because they all base together and use jetpacks. They don't care if the server improves or not, they put their own advantage over the server. Why? Because if it came down to skill, most people farming megabases right now would already be wiped.

Sure, grinding for items that give you an advantage is fine. In fact, that is the core of most MMOs. The fact that you progress, that you gain new and better weapons - that's what encourages us to play. Now, some items are just ridiculously overpowered which makes skilled play oblivious. The only skill necessary for jetpack pvp is flying the jetpack and dodging with it, while the fundamentals of this game (aiming, movement, positioning) are thrown out of the window. Let's get a balance between grinding to incentivize older players to keep playing, and giving the rest of the players a chance.

I’ve only ever seen 1 person jetpack PVP i don’t know what you’re on about. No one uses jet packs like that. You brought up the things that “make gmod” but nothing makes gmod. It’s literally a sandbox game where you can do anything you want. TitsRP isn’t like some other server where you lock pick and spawn in a printer and hide. Just get used to our meta instead of trying to get it changed. Majority of people replying to this thread have more playtime then you’ve been on the server. They’d know what’s OP and what needs to be fixed. And non of this top priority to anyone.

I’ve only ever seen 1 person jetpack PVP i don’t know what you’re on about. No one uses jet packs like that. You brought up the things that “make gmod” but nothing makes gmod. It’s literally a sandbox game where you can do anything you want. TitsRP isn’t like some other server where you lock pick and spawn in a printer and hide. Just get used to our meta instead of trying to get it changed. Majority of people replying to this thread have more playtime then you’ve been on the server. They’d know what’s OP and what needs to be fixed. And non of this top priority to anyone.

Honestly, they don't know. And the reason they don't know is because of their vast playtime. Once you get to that point you either no longer want things nerfed, or you don't have the empathy to see how overpowered something could be against a newer/less active player. Like I said before, I'm not proposing a 100% level playing field, but the odds against a jetpack/sbc cannon player are low. Also, these people that have been playing for years don't understand the problems new players face like I do, which is why I'm bringing suggestions from a fresh new perspective. It would be nice to see new gangs made up of new players surging and not people quitting the server because they lost their printer in the first hour they logged in and can't get it back. The people running the server are the same, and everyone seems to be allied. I like competition, thrill, and some sort of rivalry between players; it makes everything more fun. Stakes right now are low, so fun is lower.

Bro literally your arguments make no sense. You are saying that the playing fields should be the same for new and old players? The old players 100% have the advantage because the effort and hours they put into the server. You make it seem like Jeff Bezos (Richest man alive) should have a fucking money cap or he should not be able to make over $1,000 a day. Is that ever going to happen? No because it’s just how the world works. Rich are going to become richer. Just face it dude, none of these threads are going anywhere for you. This server has been at the top of the DarkRP scene for a while and it’s gaining new players constantly. If you don’t like anything on the server, just leave. All I’ve seen you do is complain about how the older players/more experienced players have the advantage (which duh they do because GRIND-TO-WIN) and newer players have no advantage at all. 

As I’ve said, you’ve played for a week and think you know the ins and outs of the server. You clearly don’t. I just don’t think you are a correct fit for the server. I just can’t wait until you start complaining about CCs or even gangs. I also don’t think someone who uses exploits should be having this many threads to “help the server”

#reformedflorhn

Really starting to think you hate everything about our server, like others stated do you just wish us reset everyones stats because you’re upset that we have more money and items because we’ve played longer? If that’s the case I guess the whole DarkRP server list should just have a reset, because I’m sure every other server you join will be the exact same player items wise. Our server is different with how you raid, and many other things; thats what makes it unique, and quite frankly like others said (not trying to bash you) maybe this server just isn’t the best match for you. Thanks for all the heartfelt suggestions though.

Can someone verify something for me, I believed that when you equipped the jetpack you need to be using it in your hotbar to achieve flight, which means you can't hold out a gun? I've only seen jetpacks used as transport. As for SBC cannons, they are one time use. You use it, even without dying, and it's gonezo for good. These are expensive items that people trade for, personally I have 2 jetpacks in total and 0 SBC cannons. The SBCs uses to be worse, they were infinite use via inventory, and could be used as the terrorist (massrdm) job. As it stands right now you actually get laughed at for wasting your SBC. It's hard to hit people with jetpacks sure, but as you said, the risk of them dying and losing it is something to consider. They could fuck up a trajectory and die to fall damage as I have unfortunately done a few times, they could get SBC'd themselves, they could die through any means and they're shit outta luck and just lost a 1m+ worth item. One last thing, you can't use the jetpack as a job that is essential to being able to be killed through RP (Mayor), whereas you can with the other jobs as you can use whatever transport is available to you. 

In conclusion, I don't think these are really problems, I am a passiveRP'er granted but even when I've been forced into combat Ive rarely actually seen an SBC used or a jetpack combined with combat.

the only time i used jetpack for pvp was one time as a terrorist, that only worked because i had like 1m shit worth of stuff expended just to mass rdm, but now terrorists cant jetpack anymore too anyways.

the only good thing jetpack does for pvp is avoiding it.