Unclear, arbitrary rules

Lysergic

Some rules in this server seem to be written in a manner that can be misinterpreted by some administrators/moderators and allow room for these to dictate their own subjective measures to deal with a situation. Rules are meant to be objective and unbiased, so for this reason I'm copy pasting some rules that require specificity.

"DO NOT raid the same person over and over again, pick on someone else every once in a while"

The use of both "over and over again" and "once in a while" are very subjective. In a sit I had with Spartan, we had an argument about what would be considered targeting and what wouldn't. In my opinion, targeting is raiding the same person and no one in between, doing it for the specific purpose of hurting that base for personal reasons. Even if the 20 minute cool down has subsided, raiding in succession (3 times in an hour) is excessive. Now, I don't think there should be any rule to prevent people from raiding over the course of the entire day, but rather over shorter time-frames that would disrupt a player's ability to defend.

The rule should be: "Chain-raiding: Do not raid the same person in quick succession for the specific purpose of hurting the base for personal reasons. Instead, pick on someone else in between cool-downs." Honestly, I don't think this rule should be so restrictive due to the fact that there is already a 20 minute cool down to raid the same person for the purpose of preventing targeting.

"DO NOT attack a base member while raiding they must be both within eyeshot AND reasonably close to the base"

This rule should have an established distance in meters/feet. I think 25 meters away from the base is "reasonably close" enough for them to be KOSable.

"Your base must have a clear path through. This means no full blackout/super dark bases, invisible bases, or maze bases where the path is not obvious"

This rule needs to be enforced more often. I see a lot of bases with no collided props you need to crouch through that are counter intuitive, waste time, and are clearly not obvious. For example, ajax had a base with a crouch killbox in which you had to go through a nocollided hole in the side leading away from the base, to then drop down and come back in through another no collided hole towards the base. This was very misleading and took me a bunch of deaths to figure out.

As for the rules. The reason for the 20 minutes is so you can guarantee a safe time from that player and it showing that you can’t get raided by them for that specific amount of time. Yet chain raiding isn’t allowed as it can be interpreted as harassment to a player. 

THAT BEING SAID

If you’re the only base going when they’re basing and wanting more stuff. Tough luck trying to enforce that. 

as for the second statement. If you feel like a base isn’t up to a standard. Have an admin check it out. If it’s a Mod literally request someone else to look at it and if they don’t allow another mod to take it. Then report em on the forums.

Personally I don't see chain raiding as harassment as long as they have entities. If you raid someone just to kill them multiple times that could be counted as targetting. But if you're raiding because you know they have entities it aint harrasment

i just dont see how raidings harassment. u raid someone kill them and they have no entities, oh bummer u raided them too early and they hadnt spawned their shit, come back in 20 mins cus by thne they should have some shit, raid them, oh no they dont have shit, well maybe ill leave them for a while then come back a while later, at that point if they still have no shit what the fuck are they doing its not even considered basing. u raid someone, die, but their defense is good and theyre using strong weapons to kill you, they must be protecting something valuable, i'll keep trying to raid this until i succeed as i know the payoff will be worth it. 

as for the do not attack base members within distance rule, ive never seen that be enforced, if u see a member of the base ur raiding to ur left across the other side of sewers with a sniper pointed at u, turn around, run towards them and kill them. honestly didnt know that was a rule

the clear bases ive seen enforced like 7 times in my time on the server. a ton of bases have the nocollided walls with an unclear path, most of the time calling a sit is more of a waste of time as the guy wont change his base or will do something to go around the rule

Personally I don't see chain raiding as harassment as long as they have entities. If you raid someone just to kill them multiple times that could be counted as targetting. But if you're raiding because you know they have entities it aint harrasment

i just dont see how raidings harassment. u raid someone kill them and they have no entities, oh bummer u raided them too early and they hadnt spawned their shit, come back in 20 mins cus by thne they should have some shit, raid them, oh no they dont have shit, well maybe ill leave them for a while then come back a while later, at that point if they still have no shit what the fuck are they doing its not even considered basing. u raid someone, die, but their defense is good and theyre using strong weapons to kill you, they must be protecting something valuable, i'll keep trying to raid this until i succeed as i know the payoff will be worth it. 

as for the do not attack base members within distance rule, ive never seen that be enforced, if u see a member of the base ur raiding to ur left across the other side of sewers with a sniper pointed at u, turn around, run towards them and kill them. honestly didnt know that was a rule

the clear bases ive seen enforced like 7 times in my time on the server. a ton of bases have the nocollided walls with an unclear path, most of the time calling a sit is more of a waste of time as the guy wont change his base or will do something to go around the rule

I agree with both of you. Maybe the rule should be less restrictive and only include "Raiding for the sole purpose to harass for personal reasons is against the rules". Honestly, the 20 minute cooldown is there to prevent the targetting in the first place. The thing is, at the moment, some people complain when I raid them often. Last night I almost got warned for attempting to raid Asuna's base 3 times in the span of like 3 hours. The admin justified this by quoting the rule "Do NOT raid the same person over and over again". I don't see how I was raiding over and over again, but two people can have different interpretations.