Killing Prisoners

Fuel

So basically, you all know about the status of murdering prisoners currently. It's allowed, and if you say shit about it, people say "It's not against the rules, we are allowed to do it." But this, in my wholehearted opinion should be considered FailRP, or at the very least, bad roleplay. I think at the very least, it should be a default law that can be overrided that you may not kill prisoners unless explicitly stated otherwise by the mayor. In an ideal world, killing prisoners would be considered FailRP, considering the fact that they are in jail, serving their time, and killing them, then them being revived and still being in jail, seems kinda stupid ngl -_-

So, my proposition is that, once a prisoner is killed, it is considered a new life and they will be released from prison after. This will discourage people from killing prisoners as they would not serve their time if killed, and maybe the cops would stop the fucking borderline RDM? Don't get me wrong, I love killling prisoners as much as the next guy, but is it truly realistic or even close to a real scenario if the prisoners just get RDM'd over and over until their release? Even staff do it, with the excuse that "It isn't against the rules, we are allowed to do it, and the mayor can say it isn't allowed and it can be considered a rule break, then." Kind of bullshit in my eyes, I know a LOT of people will not agree with me, probably everyone. But this needs to stop, for the better of the server, for the better immersion of RP, for everything.

If you want to kill people randomly, there is a reason for an RDM zone, it is a place to void your anger, and play COD basically in gmod. You are entitled to your own opinion, but I hope that staff members will agree with me.

but is it truly realistic or even close to a real scenario if the prisoners just get RDM'd over and over until their release?

forreal tho

i know for sure that irl, when i get arrested for chasing down and shotgunning a robot that needs my blood for magic weapons that jabbed me while i was being nice and letting a giant sentient pickle harvest my cereal so his god could grant him an exploding thomas the tank engine, i dont have to worry about cops repeatedly killing and resurrecting me at the county lockup

idk why sugar allows it, totally takes me out of the deep ocean of immersive roleplay i've immersed myself in here at titsrp smh my head

+1 to this idea but with some changes.

My understanding is it's allowed because the prisoner loses nothing upon death while in jail and is simply teleported back to their cell. I find this quite annoying since a lot of the time I get RDA'd and then punished with the cops not even having a 2nd thought about why I was in the cell. It would make more sense to make death allow you to escape with NLR applied as that makes more sense. 

Think about it like this, if you are kidnapping someone and you want to hold them for ransom or do anything that keeps them in the captivity, don't YOU want to keep them alive? I'd say the same logic should apply to the police and the prisoners. 

1 counter-argument to this is that the reason they die and go back to jail is in the case of them escaping they can be easily tp'ed back. To negate this I think the game should check if they are in a cell or not and if they are not inside any cell they will be tp'ed to jail instead of being released upon death. This will still allow cops to retain their escaping prisoners while protecting prisoners from being killed over and over in their cells. I hope all this is doable by our great overlord, Sugar. Thank you!

Lmao Zucc says it, +1, I say it, completly disregarded :/

Literally says it in ny post, but oh well ;-(

I think at the very least, it should be a default law that can be overrided that you may not kill prisoners unless explicitly stated otherwise by the mayor.