Opinions on Kidnapping

Kamala Gekido

Thoughts on Kidnapping  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on Kidnapping

• I like kidnapping
    • I do not like kidnapping/being kidnapped
    • No Opinion

Am I named Patrick now? As I stated before every time I join I see that problem. It exists. That's the main reason I don't join much anymore. You say they get melted anyway but their friends protect them and kill anyone that shoots at them discouraging fighting back so people don't even try anymore out of fear of death. (Batman is already able to zip tie kidnappers. However that doesn't mean its easy or viable.)

7 and 6 are heck no’s.

Ive always been a proponent of CC’s having too much power making the game SEVERELY unbalanced. Your CC can be a hitman at the same time as a raider and a kidnapper. It’s dumb. I’ve had personal ideas for fixes to this. But obviously it’s very controversial and very much so too late.

Getting kidnapped to get thrown into the sewers and all of my weapons stripped so I have to commit suicide. Kidnapping isn't viable, it's stupid and people have begun to abuse it. Hubba Bubba spamming the 6000 speed potions he has on his CC and booping you in the back of the head to throw you across the map isn't a good time. 

LOL calling out me specifically, that shit's been happening probably LONG before I even joined the server. I've seen you abuse CP so many damn times and that's the reason I throw you across the map, new players do not get kidnapped unless they're playing in a toxic way, such as yourself.

Getting kidnapped to get thrown into the sewers and all of my weapons stripped so I have to commit suicide. Kidnapping isn't viable, it's stupid and people have begun to abuse it. Hubba Bubba spamming the 6000 speed potions he has on his CC and booping you in the back of the head to throw you across the map isn't a good time. 

LOL calling out me specifically, that shit's been happening probably LONG before I even joined the server. I've seen you abuse CP so many damn times and that's the reason I throw you across the map, new players do not get kidnapped unless they're playing in a toxic way, such as yourself.

Anything you just said is an argument based on longevity on a long-standing issue, nothing of what you just said has any value, nor do you offer anything that remotely resembles a solid argument to keep the kidnapping the way it is. You admitted to even breaking the rules just now, if what the people previously said was true. I don't play in a toxic way, in my opinion.

I arrest people, I handcuff people and I make them pay their bounties. I fail to see how that remotely translates to any wrongdoing on my part. If people are upset that a CP pays attention to the bounty board, then maybe they should stick to a different part of the map, avoid the police (like a real criminal would), or avoid doing illegal things altogether. But if you're calling me toxic, the pot calling the kettle black is strong here.

7 and 6 are heck no’s.

Ive always been a proponent of CC’s having too much power making the game SEVERELY unbalanced. Your CC can be a hitman at the same time as a raider and a kidnapper. It’s dumb. I’ve had personal ideas for fixes to this. But obviously it’s very controversial and very much so too late.

I do agree that CC have made the server severely unbalanced, and almost pay-to-win. But I think that's a topic for another thread, and one that will require hardline decisions. Personally, I think that the next fundamental change needs to come from CC that don't break the game or make people feel like they can't win while just playing on the server normally.

Am I named Patrick now? As I stated before every time I join I see that problem. It exists. That's the main reason I don't join much anymore. You say they get melted anyway but their friends protect them and kill anyone that shoots at them discouraging fighting back so people don't even try anymore out of fear of death. (Batman is already able to zip tie kidnappers. However that doesn't mean its easy or viable.)

I think Herb just confused my pic with yours lol.

-I agree with your point somewhat, how I see it is when people just go solo alien race or cultist its usually fun they usually fail 3/5 times they try to kidnap due to cops and other people around, but once it gets into like a party of 6 people defending each other actively kidnapping I still dont see a BIG problem but when they start kidnapping new players who dont know tf going on and end up making a report " I've been stuck in this cage for 10minutes help admin" which is kinda sad to see. 

But what do you logically recommend happens? If you say there's an issue with this what needs to be implemented to fix this? I don't think the complete removal of kidnapping should happenn but maybe a revamp of some sort? Again there has to be more brainstorming and ideas brought forth deemed worth of replacing the current system in place if thats at all approachable.

yikes i need to lay off the green stuff

Maybe we're on at different 'peak' times but the only time I've ever seen a kidnapping gang/group of kidnappers protecting eachother the way you describe was the Deli gang. Every single time *I* kidnap or I see others kidnapping in a populated area the result is a dead kidnapper (unless they get into their base)

kidnapping is an incredibly unfun mechanic that probably wouldn't be so bad if CC's weren't allowed to kidnap but that's not gonna happen because people have dropped money into it already

it's become little more than a minge tool and a method of sparking free and legal RDM at this point

But what do you logically recommend happens? If you say there's an issue with this what needs to be implemented to fix this? I don't think the complete removal of kidnapping should happenn but maybe a revamp of some sort? Again there has to be more brainstorming and ideas brought forth deemed worth of replacing the current system in place if thats at all approachable

lower the timer for kidnapped persons to suicide and get back into playing on the server-- the whole reason they're here to begin with.

bring the kidnapping ransom in line with other player-set methods of forcibly taking money (mugging/fines/etc) 

take take bludgeons off of CCs and disallow them from kidnapping-- let stock kidnapping jobs have their usefulness and identity, much for the same reasons we don't let CCs get necromancer staff or grim reaper scythe. not gonna happen because for whatever reason people are worried about screwing up an already infinitely-inflating joke of an economy or RL cash refunds but w/e

figure out a consequence or risk for kidnappers. right now if a kidnapper gets killed, it's whatever, just respawn and try to kidnap someone else. kidnapping base raided? doesn't matter, throw down the dupe again. there is absolutely zero risk of a kidnapper losing anything-- and that is a bit inconsistent with other criminal methods of making money in a base.

personally i have been kidnapped only a handful of times and do not really mind it with that being said kidnappers are kos after they have someone and can easily be stopped . I do not think that bludgeons should be removed from cc's as people paid for them and welp i am one of them so maybe my opinion is bias . I do however like the idea of batman being able to zip tie kidnappers or cp being notified about a kidnapping i think that would balance things a bit more but i am sure there would still be people who would not like the idea of kidnapping as a whole . p.s forgive me for my spelling and punctuation errors as i was just trying to get my opinion down on the matter at hand

• Like 1