Kamala Gekido

Thoughts on Kidnapping  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on Kidnapping

• I like kidnapping
    • I do not like kidnapping/being kidnapped
    • No Opinion

I hate it but its not being changed.

it could. If the people who hate it will speak up against it. I hate it beyond a doubt, but I want to hear the opinion of everyone.

People who hate it have spoken up just for it to be shot down, usually with good reason. I personally don't find it an issue or really care, seeing as kidnappers are KOS and most just get shot down before they get anywhere near a base, and as there are gang perks to buff/nerf kidnapping.

All of this Paragraph is my opinion as everyone is entitled. If you have any points that validly counter mine feel free to post them below.) My main problem with it is the big parties that kidnap and laser anyone that tries to kill a kidnapper. This is how it generally goes down-There's one main person kidnapping while the party members stay around and instantly spam their party bind and shoot you the moment you so much as look in the direction of the kidnapper. The Gang perks barely do anything since the kidnapper can also have perks that enhance kidnapping. I think kidnapping is a big problem with the server and needs to be at least changed. I've heard many people complaining about it as of late since most of the players with cc's have resorted to kidnapping for entertainment. If it was only one base kidnapping at a time it wouldn't be much of a problem, but now whenever I join I notice multiple kidnapping bases up at once and its not exactly fun to sit in a black box for 500 seconds while waiting to commit suicide. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In response to patrick's point I personally have never seen that type of issue, I can't recall a single time where one dude kidnaps and then the party members protect him, 99% when someone kidnaps all bets are off, like legit doesn't matter who you are kidnappers get melted immediately.

Getting kidnapped to get thrown into the sewers and all of my weapons stripped so I have to commit suicide. Kidnapping isn't viable, it's stupid and people have begun to abuse it. Hubba Bubba spamming the 6000 speed potions he has on his CC and booping you in the back of the head to throw you across the map isn't a good time. A Nobody or even Big Toe doing the same thing is ridiculous, and I guarantee if it makes me slightly annoyed, it makes the new player to the server all that the more upset and they don't want to come back. I've seen stagnation lately from the server in terms of players and in terms of what people are doing. I think shaking up things once and a while, like the processor update, is a step in the right direction. Updating kidnapping is a good start. 

But what to do? 

I've seen a lot of complaints, but not a lot of solutions. I think from now on, if we're going to make an argument against something, we should offer solutions as well. Here's a few of mine: 

1. When using the kidnap SWEP for x amount of time (IE, four seconds or longer) your speed is reduced to normal or even slower, so people can't use speed powers or potions, etc. 

2 . Reducing the kidnap SWEP to select classes, IE cultists. 

3. Reducing the time on the kidnap SWEP to force people to be closer to their base. 

4. Maybe the PD gets a notification that there's a kidnapping in progress? 

5. Being marked for Death on the map after successfully kidnapping someone or after using the SWEP.

6. Removing kidnapping entirely (not a popular choice, nor do I think it's the right one)

7. Make failing to put a person into a cage/proper kidnap RP a warnable offense/define it as FailRP/Minging. 

That's a few of mine.

• Like 1

I've seen a lot of complaints, but not a lot of solutions. I think from now on, if we're going to make an argument against something, we should offer solutions as well. Here's a few of mine: 

1. When using the kidnap SWEP for x amount of time (IE, four seconds or longer) your speed is reduced to normal or even slower, so people can't use speed powers or potions, etc. 

Not a bad idea, bodies do weigh a few kilos after all

2 . Reducing the kidnap SWEP to select classes, IE cultists. 

This causes the custom sweps that are bludgeon reskins to not be usable, thus requiring refunds yada yada money stuff. We've had the idea before and this was the main reason for it not being popular

3. Reducing the time on the kidnap SWEP to force people to be closer to their base. 

Gang talent called 'Wide Awake' exists for this purpose. If it was default kidnapping timeframe would be 15 seconds maximum which honestly isn't enough, especially if the kidnapper spends 1-4 seconds fucking up trying to pick up your body.

4. Maybe the PD gets a notification that there's a kidnapping in progress? 

Not a bad idea but if kidnapping peaks at any time the PD will be spammed, also completely fucks up any kidnap roleplay though. Maybe let batman ziptie kidnappers?

5. Being marked for Death on the map after successfully kidnapping someone or after using the SWEP.

-1, doesn't really make sense tbh, people are already KOS when they kidnap so it just nerfs kidnappers even more.

6. Removing kidnapping entirely (not a popular choice, nor do I think it's the right one)

Correct, not popular or the right/a possible choice.

7. Make failing to put a person into a cage/proper kidnap RP a warnable offense/define it as FailRP/Minging. 

Already works this way, you cannot kidnap and just leave a dude on the street or whatever. Also if you aren't held for most of the kidnap timer it 'fails' to kidnap you allowing you to kill yourself or your kidnapper.

That's a few of mine.

Already works this way, you cannot kidnap and just leave a dude on the street or whatever. Also if you aren't held for most of the kidnap timer it 'fails' to kidnap you allowing you to kill yourself or your kidnapper.

That's a few of mine.

I've had this happen to me multiple times, and even by a staff member. If this is a rule, it needs to start being enforced more.