Secondary MOTD

Succ The Zucc

Should we have a secondary MOTD?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a secondary MOTD?

People complain about Staff all the time enforcing rules that aren’t ‘stated in the MOTD’ so I was thinking we create a second one that goes further into depth with our rules.

For instance how processors, black market dealers and things like that are automatically illegal activities by default.

I as a staff member have been asked ‘well where do I find this information’ probably about 6+ times when making an arrest or enforcing a minging rule.

It should be left up the common sense rule. But having a secondary one that people may access in the forums I think would be useful.

The common sense rule was added back

If we had to add every single rule into motd, motd would be 3000+ pages long because of people saying their specific situation is not in motd so it's ok.

If I may add. This isn’t the !motd that would show up when you hop in game. That’s literally supposed to contextual with a couple of prime examples.

This is one that is apart from it adding in the whole part of things. It would be found in the forums exclusively. If you don’t want to add parts of it in so be it. It would be something we have as context for players that want to know literally everything.

yeh, it probably sounds dumb to people that have played here for a while and have gotten a grip on some of the nuance-- but i think something like this could be useful to people that come here that are used to the rules of other servers or have little concept of how some things work in darkrp in general

anything that can potentially cut back on frustration is a +1 in my book

just like i suggested long ago why dont we just make a thread where staff slaps on rules that are common sense yet still get broken

like each time someone breaks a common sense rules and argues about it suddenly a new line on that thread appears idk just a stupid idea