Basing needs buffs?

1-800-Suicide

So I've seen a few people say that basing feels boring or its too weak etc. This thread is supposed to outline my thoughts and possible solutions, and maybe some solutions and causes other people can see.

I personally think printers by themselves right now make pretty good money and you can use your own other stuff as some extra stuff. Where I see the problem is that printers and processors are really boring to do. Now, basing in essence is quite boring but the problem comes in where you feel like you need to spend hours staring at your entities to make sure you don't lose your investment, whether it being by making sure printers don't blow up, processors needing chemicals that are farmed outside or that you won't be raided. There is a need to have maintenance in your money making entities I agree but the feeling of having to micromanage upwards of 10-20 entities isn't good. Some changes like making printers make less if you don't own them and that processors will not use chemicals only if they are your own make me think that its a concious decision to make people not base with many entites but in my opinion if you are going to spend the time making a base and trying to make money the obvious next step is getting more entites either by buying them or raiding them.

So what are the problems?

In my opinion there is way too much micromanagement with money making tool, making the currently removed bitminers look like a godsend in terms of having to check your stuff. I think alot of people who used to base think this right now either by it being too boring or that he reward isn't worth staring at your entities for that time. I personally think that the outcome is fine since the money can definetly work towards goals like your cc or other expensive things, its mainly the way you get that money, its too tedious in my opinion.

I also think raiding was made way too easy and in some cases just strange. The way I would explain this is that there are so many useful tools raiding that are very easy to use, things like a timebomb removing props and c4 supplementing what timebombs cannot do really make it easy to breach a base after you might have material grenaded/bombed or blowtorched to see the structure, this could be because i have alot of experience raiding and using the tools became easy, I would like peoples opinon on this. What I mean when I say that in some cases raiding is strange I really only mean the interaction between the material bomb/grenade and the perk that makes material grenades fail 15% of the time, it really feels like its 15% to actually work and you use a bunch of bombs to get through a base when a perk that should only give a pretty minor buff to gameplay is basically night and day when it regards the material bomb/grenade.

Solutions

I don't have many solutions since if I'm being honest I do not know how to solve the problem in a really clean way but I have some ideas to what i think the problems are. This is mainly where the commmunity comes in, firstly what is the problem with basing but then what can be done to fix those problems?

So for entities I would think that the best fix for the tedious nature of money making in printers is giving us a way to either link printers in a group of some sort like a rack or that you connect them with wires to where batteries and/or failsafes can be added to the entire group and they are lost on the entire group together which also has some innate risk of losing more if you don't pay attention. But this makes it so you don't need to check every single printer to make sure you are safe and it is pretty similar to the generator of the removed bitminers. There could also be added failsafes and batteries that are stronger that could be bought or crafted that could work in the way that the strong failsafe protects against more explosions and the stronger battery maybe works like the sound reducer bomb and fills every printer up by pressing e.

To fix the issues I think there is with raiding being too easy and strange I think the tools like c4 and timebomb should be more consistent in the aoe but with some slight nerf so its more intuitive to use and also to fix or nerf the material grenade perk to where its not necessary to survive those items which makes them more consistent and then those items can be balanced accordingly.

Like I said I don't have all the answers and I don't think i know every problem that made basing be seemingly very unappealing on the server so again, I want to know what you think the problems are and how they could be fixed. It's important we suggest fixes since we cannot fix a problem by just complaining. I hope this post can help idnetify the issues with basing and how to fix them.

that in some cases raiding is strange I really only mean the interaction between the material bomb/grenade and the perk that makes material grenades fail 15% of the time, it really feels like its 15% to actually work and you use a bunch of bombs to get through a base when a perk that should only give a pretty minor buff to gameplay is basically night and day when it regards the material bomb/grenade.

nerf the material grenade perk to where its not necessary to survive those items which makes them more consistent and then those items can be balanced accordingly.

I think for that perk to be fixed that mat bombs shouldn't destroy fences and such but instead it should just be a larger mat nade.

This was talked about in staff chat just like 20 minutes ago. Processors are going to return to their former glory except they will need 1 barrel per 20 prints & 1 metal (or 0 metal with the upgrade).

While it was my choice to implement the processor change in the first place, I wasn't the one who thought about it. It was YOU PEOPLE who thought processor farming was too OP (which it was & now basically will be like that). At some point we will find a balance though. I will make plants not dry out so often too.

I have ideas on new systems to make basing more engaging but that may take some time.

Also your assumptions are correct with trying to limit entity usage in each person's base. This prevents a few people from having everyone's stuff. Also old basing would bring in 20+ mil a day if done correctly which is way blown out of proportions of how much money I want people making a day

I think a good way to encourage basing is to create more jobs that create bases as an RP function such as how gun dealers create stores. I don't have a million ideas off the top of my head but I always find it really fascinating when a medic makes a hospital or kidnappers (looking at deli) use their victims as meat for a deli. I would suggest a gas station/mechanic type job, but only maybe 15-20% of people use cars on a regular basis since most people have flight sweps like the master sword/bat claw, or batman hooks, or speed sweps to get around. perhaps there is some way that those items could require a fuel source to function after it runs out (it would spawn with some in it already). just spitballing ideas here don't crucify me.

if we had hunger/thirst there could be some jobs revolving around food (and the ones that already do would be more useful and make more sense)

I think a good way to encourage basing is to create more jobs that create bases as an RP function such as how gun dealers create stores. I don't have a million ideas off the top of my head but I always find it really fascinating when a medic makes a hospital or kidnappers (looking at deli) use their victims as meat for a deli. 

piggybacking off this idea, why not make a meat grinder similar to the satan circle that makes like 5-10 wood/metal or 1-3 chem barrels or like 4 electrical components when you put someone on it?

And on the hospital idea, why not make armor/health stations that take 2$ per use and give 1$ to the owner? This was in a server I used to play and was really well used. This could be an alternative to the PD Station which is locked like half the time.

I think a good way to encourage basing is to create more jobs that create bases as an RP function such as how gun dealers create stores. I don't have a million ideas off the top of my head but I always find it really fascinating when a medic makes a hospital or kidnappers (looking at deli) use their victims as meat for a deli. 

piggybacking off this idea, why not make a meat grinder similar to the satan circle that makes like 5-10 wood/metal or 1-3 chem barrels or like 4 electrical components when you put someone on it?

And on the hospital idea, why not make armor/health stations that take 2$ per use and give 1$ to the owner? This was in a server I used to play and was really well used. This could be an alternative to the PD Station which is locked like half the time.

I think the stations for medic is a good idea but do you really think $2 is applicable to our economy? did you mean $2k?

also if we had hunger people could be turned into edible meat after being grinded by a kidnapper. maybe this could be given to ronald my donald to give him a wacky way to run a restaurant.

I think the stations for medic is a good idea but do you really think $2 is applicable to our economy? did you mean $2k?

also if we had hunger people could be turned into edible meat after being grinded by a kidnapper. maybe this could be given to ronald my donald to give him a wacky way to run a restaurant.

food is retarded, never has been implemented well in darkrp

and medic stations as in 2$ per point of armor or health

This was talked about in staff chat just like 20 minutes ago. Processors are going to return to their former glory except they will need 1 barrel per 20 prints & 1 metal (or 0 metal with the upgrade).

While it was my choice to implement the processor change in the first place, I wasn't the one who thought about it. It was YOU PEOPLE who thought processor farming was too OP (which it was & now basically will be like that). At some point we will find a balance though. I will make plants not dry out so often too.

I have ideas on new systems to make basing more engaging but that may take some time.

Also your assumptions are correct with trying to limit entity usage in each person's base. This prevents a few people from having everyone's stuff. Also old basing would bring in 20+ mil a day if done correctly which is way blown out of proportions of how much money I want people making a day

Easy solution is to have a zesh job that will pick someone at random that has no entites on the server when there are too many entities. that will make them invincible and gives them a gun that can make props noclip and destroys entities . They lose the job after x amount of time or after x amount of entities are destroyed.