Ban History

Walter the Assaulter

I have been bothering Sugar about this for decades. I will try this again because the subject is coming up over banning mass RDMers perma or for two weeks or for a month.

In order to effectively ensure that we are punishing people correctly, especially those that join to mass RDM over and over, we should have a ban history on their account the same way we have a warn history.

• We aren't telepathic to know who other staff have banned for mass RDM
  • We don't have photographic memory to remember every ban we've done, especially on days like today where I banned 4 peeps for mass RDM in 20 minutes and I couldn't tell you a single one's name
  • This would allow us to have a system in place where we give a month ban to dummies that join to mass RDM/NITRP a second time, then perma/six months or something if they are really dumb
  • This feature would be very helpful in determining if a user deserves a verbal warning, warning, or ban in situations other than mass RDM as well (for example, NLRx1 or mass disrespect/racism in chat)

The implementation I believe would be most convenient for staff would be to add a tab to the !warns menu with a list of bans which list date of ban, length of ban, ban reason, and banning staff so when the !warns menu is checked, both warns and bans can be shown by clicking a tab. I have used my editing program of choice (MS Paint) to create a mock-up. https://imgur.com/a/6qSBHp0

The way I believe feature this can be achieved is by adding a logging action to the ULX ban command before/during/after the user is destroyed that logs it in the same manner it would log a warn.

• Sad 1

https://www.titsrp.com/bans/banlogs.php has been setup for the past few days. You can now view a user's past history or an admins ban history

Would you like it so if a user with more than 1 ban joins the server, it announces it to staff? Would you like it so all bans shows up as a number on the scoreboard for that user like how the rep system does it (along with a button to view their bans)? Would you like it so when a player connects it just logs it so if you wanted to check it would be in slogs so it doesn't annoy you? There are a lot of ways to approach this but it probably helps if a user with known bad history is identified & spectated if he has a lot of bans. I think in the warns menu it might be a bit out of place and not so easily accessed

Basically you could right click a person's name and click "View Bans" too I'm assuming. 

Perhaps make the warning system / banning system in warning system have offline support. The recent updates of AWarn have the function but you just gotta put in a steamid I believe.

https://www.titsrp.com/bans/banlogs.php has been setup for the past few days. You can now view a user's past history or an admins ban history

Would you like it so if a user with more than 1 ban joins the server, it announces it to staff? Would you like it so all bans shows up as a number on the scoreboard for that user like how the rep system does it (along with a button to view their bans)? Would you like it so when a player connects it just logs it so if you wanted to check it would be in slogs so it doesn't annoy you? There are a lot of ways to approach this but it probably helps if a user with known bad history is identified & spectated if he has a lot of bans. I think in the warns menu it might be a bit out of place and not so easily accessed

If it was in game it should be just a button in the Scoreboard to check their previous bans like we would do with warns. (At least people should check warns whilst banning people)

Actually Sugar that page you linked is pretty much exactly what I was looking for and I had no idea it existed. I was suggesting the same exact thing that is except in a different way.

I was looking for more of a In game alternative to searching on the forums because that may take too long during a sit.

Welp that list on the site seems good enough. 

Demoting Walter the Assaulter now goodbye

If it was in game it should be just a button in the Scoreboard to check their previous bans like we would do with warns. (At least people should check warns whilst banning people)

Actually Sugar that page you linked is pretty much exactly what I was looking for and I had no idea it existed. I was suggesting the same exact thing that is except in a different way.

I was looking for more of a In game alternative to searching on the forums because that may take too long during a sit.

Yes, it would take a bit to look that up in a sit. So one in game and one on the site could be good.

I think if i were staff it would be the easiest if the warns page and ban history were in the same spot under a command called !history or something where you have 2 tabs per user, 1 for warns and 1 for previous bans. Idk about all that networking sugar is talking about tho if it is possible.