PC Bluescreen/Crash

CoolAIDS

My pc bluescreens or crashes anytime I try to run a high end game even though I have the parts for it. It runs good for about 10 mins then crashes. When I restart it, it tells me its repairing the C Drive, but this has fixed nothing. Currently on windows 10 and have an intel i5, gigabyte motherboard, nvidia gtx 1050 ti, any suggestions would be nice! I am also using an external hard drive to run all my games. When it crashes it just makes a noise and sits there until I restart it, or it stops all sound and my entire PC freezes. The game I am playing continues to close and I cannot do anything on my desktop. If it bluescreens it says Unmountable_Boot_Volume. It ONLY occurs if I play games such as Fallout 4, The Witcher 3, and GMod. Any help would be immensely appreciated!

I updated my drivers and did a checkdisk and its fixed now, thanks for all your help guys!

What OS do you have? i’m having the same exact problem recently too, idk man, similar specs too

What OS do you have? i’m having the same exact problem recently too, idk man, similar specs too

also blue screen went away after a disc check, but still freezes and i gotta hard reset. maybe you should do a disc check in cmd

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date & your PC is well ventilated & clean fans of any dust.

Or you can run Driver Booster and it should update everything automatically.

This happened to me and the cause was one of the fans on my graphics card failed due to not cleaning it ever. Card was fried and caused the BSOD.

I have Windows 10 and I just got all of this stuff last christmas, so no problems with fans, I will try updating drivers, also Sometimes it will KSOD when I startup. And how long does a check disk take? Just want to know before I do some other things

Alright i had this issue the other day. The issue is caused when your pc is trying to update in the background, while youre playing a game. Basically what happens is your computer overloads ans causes the crash resulting in a blue screen.

To fix this go to your windows update suite and run all the avaliable updates. Once its finished you shouldnt have this problem anymore. 

If using this method doesnt work then activate your f11 command key, and when booting up hit the key to take you to the windows 10 diagnostic boot menu and click the option that says troubleshoot. After that just follow the instructions your pc gives you

Alrighty I will give it a try, thanks Monoxide!

Where do I find the windows update suite? I tried looking around online and couldnt find anything :/

Also pressing F11 does nothing, but if I press f12 it brings me to the gigabyte boot menu, and just lets me select the hard drive I want to use to boot up.

Defrag harddrive, update drivers, clean your case out, run full virus scan (Malware Bytes)

Often times, but not always, blue screens are an issue with the Hard Drive. Over time these crashes will cause problems to other parts too, maybe that's what happened to Piixel, but getting a new Hard Drive should at least stop the blue screens. If it doesn't, then you know it's another piece of hardware causing the issue.

As stated by Rubik, downgrading to W7 may also fix this issue.