[Official] Map Creation Ideas / Suggestions

KDawg

Now with the possibility to escape, wont everyone just find out and there will never be anyone in jail? Or could you do something where it kinda randomizes between the cells after some time so that everyone just cannot escape easily

The vent is being made so you have to deal damage to it. If it's not shot then it can't break

Considering the new massive size of the map, I recommend placing permanent lawboards all over the map (ik about !laws, but most new players don't).

That's fine, we already have them in the current map and they will be placed around the new map too

How would you do damage to it? What if the cops dont let you out your cell into the court yard thing?

Here is how I view it or how it was done on the other map that had this feature:

Your friend is in jail and you want to break him out. You either lockpick your way into the PD and lockpick the cell or you go through the vent yourself and get there too. The prisoner cannot deal damage to it. Someone else has to break it.

• 3 weeks later...

PD is overcrowded can we get a DOUBLE DOOR at the front?

+1 to this idea

This hurts pd raids but since the new map will feature a bigger pd it would be fitting if we didn't have to cram every single person through that small door (cant remember if it had more than 1 entrance)

• 2 weeks later...

OK! A few suggestions, since I just downloaded the new map. 

(Heres a Imgur link for the collection of screenshots of it, in case you didn't see it. I didnt capture all corners, I just highlighted some cool stuff. I love the new suburbs btw)

((https://imgur.com/a/y4iYa - I love it, good job Sugar/Mapper.))

So basically, I think a few things. I don't know how hard they are. So I talk out of my ass on this topic.

*1: I think a having Admin land have a closed "office-like" building would be a cool addition, with empty rooms. (Kinda like a Jail Cell?..but without..the cells)

*2: If that's possible/if you want, make a few areas not connected with tunnels. It would add a more OPEN feeling, rather than a closed feeling.

((Explanation: From suburbs to spawn makes sense, but like, try to connect a few more areas. Like the Slums (Where it has 2 tunnels from Right, and the Left side))

*3: Have some cool hidden areas. 

((I'm not sure if this is do-able. But can't you make hidden areas, but to prevent people from going to the map in Singleplayer and noclipping around trying to find them using the Skybox, can't you add a black box around it? Or something to prevent people from seeing it if they go above the map and try to see it (Example shown in the #5 Picture of the Imgur link). I think that would be neat ^^, not very useful or interesting. But I personally think it would be fun :D.(Hidden areas can include easter eggs-ish things/cool hiding spots/basing areas that are really hidden or something like that)

Sorry if this is too much, just trying to think of stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

(Suggestion is for the next map if it has tunnels)

I was thinking a day and night cycle system, plus a job that lets you RDM anyone on the streets during night time.

Basically, during the day, everyone can RP and do the stupid shit they always do, just like now. But during night time, people can still RP, but they can get killed by the tunnel creatures who likes only the night and can never come up due to hating the sunlight.

What I was also thinking is a safe light. In a game I like called Dying Light, you have these scary ass zombies who run like heck to try to kill you, and their weakness is a UV light, which makes them weaker and run away. You could be able to spawn in a torch or something with a blue light and hover it over a hobo hut or something, but it can't be hovering over nothing, it's just there to protect bases from the monsters.

decrease the kidnap coldown to 20 seconds or less.

Trading cards you can collect and trade.

THESE ARE NOT MAP IDEAS

In the meantime here are some changes in the latest version of the map which I am expecting to be the release version

Screenshot_202.png

Screenshot_203.png

Screenshot_204.png

Screenshot_206.png

Screenshot_207.png

Screenshot_209.png

Screenshot_210.png

Screenshot_211.png

Screenshot_212.png

Great job Sugar :).

To +1 the idea of Race0pone, I think there should be that Class where it can kill anyone in the Underground Tunnels.

Not at night, that would cause an RDM fiesta and people would get mad. But in Underground Tunnels..explainable/adds to the mood.

Make them like a hobo/guitarist (the Charcoal) skin. If they go outside of the underground tunnels, they burn to death. (Adding to the UV light thing. As if they're zombies)

They spawn with a knife/shadow knife, can't use / spawn anything else (They only have Phys gun / keys / Knife / Shadow knife) . They hunt down people who are in the underground tunnel, but they can't go outside (They'll die.)

(If you can make their spawn in under ground, that would be good too. Like the Sewers/or let them spawn randomly in the Sewers.)

P.S If it's possible, could you make it so they can get a "feel" / "sense" when someone is in the tunnels.

(Explanation: If someone enters through the sewers from any entrance, they get like a "Anger" or speed boost (25%/30% Boost). Their health goes up by like 25%. Then the person entering the sewers hears like a song playing (or a Roar sound or whatever. Similar to the Jigsaw when you type !sleep - ) and make it so they get a "track" of where that person is, or the area they were in (Like Warwick in League of Legends.) (That area would be like marked red..something like that)

Hope I don't be too annoying with my suggestion.

This idea is mainly from Race0pone's post up there (^^^^) but I felt the need to add more boring detail to it.

((EDIT: I KNOW THIS WOULD FIT MORE IN THE SUGGESTIONS. I PUT IT HERE BECAUSE THIS JOB WOULD FIT MORE FOR THE UNDERGROUND SEWERS THAT WILL COME IN THE NEXT MAP UPDATE. THAT'S WHY I PUT IT HERE, BECAUSE THIS..IS MAP CREATING IDEAS (SORRY FOR CAPS BTW. HAVE TO GRAB ATTENTION OF THESE PICKY MODERATOR BASTARDS)