The Server Needs Change...

ShardMario

I honestly understand that Sugar, being in college, wont have time to play and it's amazing that he can balance the workload irl and in-game. So now, personally, I think the staff re-evaluation is a lower priority, but the rules still need to be defined just a bit more. Doing this would automatically fix the staff in my opinion, as some of you have already stated.

If you consider me inactive then so be it. I live and breath this server and have been every single day of my life for the past 2 years. While I don't play in game and occasionally take sits when I am not AFK doing something else I am always around via other ways of communication. The past 4 days I have worked for over 14 hours a day on the clothing vendor rework (8AM - 1 AM) which is why I have been relatively quite and not sleeping.

This is a rant on the staff, it has been a month so it's okay that we have a new thread on this, we always seem to hit the mark. Jokes aside, let me explain some things.

We have proper punishments here https://titsrp.com/showthread.php?tid=2055

We have Moderation guidelines here https://titsrp.com/showthread.php?tid=131

Staff are volunteers and staff are usually kids (not ranting on people of younger age but it has proven time and time again that they really aren't the best people to be giving orders). This staff team is very laid back and it's how I prefer it. You don't have to be active 100% of the time, you don't have to overwork yourself and ect. At the end of the day, every staff member is a player of the server with powers to kick people out of the game if they are breaking the rules.

Listen, I know it can be difficult and believe me that I think it's difficult. Every day is a new issue and every new issue is something to work on. The reason why the staff issue comes up so frequently is because we don't get 100% competent people to apply for moderator. If that was the case, I could carefully pick and chose who becomes mod.

Now adays, that is not the case. I pick mods based off community activity, playtime and general knowledge. I am a lot more lenient because we need moderators and staff members. In a perfect world, we would not need staff to run this server. Everyone would just play the game and have a blast without any issue. Having one incompetent mod that has the power to easily identify who is a mass RDMer or not is better than having 0 staff members letting the whole server go wild.

I tell my staff to ban people on what they think is reasonable because so many variations can come into play which effects ban time. For example, this is how I usually ban / kick / warn

User that mass rdms and just goes for it: 7 Days

User that rdms because the guy he killed smelt bad: 3 days

User that kills another user because of an accident and he apologizes: Just a verbal saying of "Oh he understands, guywhogotrdmed take some cash"

User that kills another user because he dislikes him and tells us that he just doesn't like him: 1 - 3 days depending on whats going on

Staff don't take sits that are hard to decipher. As much as I don't want to say because it will anger some people, if your sit seems like a real drag then it most likely is. We want everyone to play by the rules but if you can get by without calling a sit every single time Jimmy calls you mr stinky head and you understand that people are ignorant and break minor rules from time to time and you don't want to bother a staff member then we will like you. If you ever have a sit and it doesn't result in a ban / warn / kick then the sit wasn't worth having.

What I mean is that if you call a sit that is so specific over a minor issue, you shouldn't be calling a sit. For example, lets take Billcats NLR example. Someone raided his base and after he died, he went back to the general area after dying and then got killed, he then went back to the base to ask them why they killed him and after they killed him again, he called for an admin because he got angry that the raiders kept killing him.

Why would you call an admin over that issue? You are not supposed to go back to the general area of your house after a raid, you going back, dying and then claiming to get an admin is 100% wrong and only wastes our time. If  your raiders kill you because you went back to the general area then...DONT go back there. Yes, I know it sucks to die but in a gamemode that is supposed to be super casual, you make all these issues that shouldn't be present.

We really don't want to talk to you and understand your issue if it will NOT result in a kick or a ban. It VERY hard to come to a conclusion if the evidence isn't there. If you call for an admin that Jimmy RDAed you because you were attempting to assault someone, are you really going to have a 4 minute sit trying to figure out if he was actually trying to attack someone? Go and talk to the officers about RDA, not staff. If the issue is minor to the point where you can talk it over with the people who are "breaking the rules" then DO that. If you call for a sit and or someone gets called to a sit and the final result is "Oh I didn't know that was in the rules, usually it's not like that on other servers" then you're ignorant and should really be punished for not reading the rules and wasting time but at the same time, if you learned, we want you to enjoy your time on the server. To make everyone happy is impossible so you have to do the best you can do.

If you are not specific about your issue and or we think your issue is a waste of time then we won't take it. Calling an admin for "Admin 2 me I have a question pls" is ignored. Calling an admin for "Admin 2 me, Jimmy said I was stinky so then I shot him and then he killed me which is RDM" will be ignored. Calling an admin for "admin 2 me I got arrested for having a gun out" is ignored. Calling an admin for "admin 2 me I got rdaed" and he was a pedophile then it's ignored. It seems that every single death in DarkRP is rdm. If you're not on the winning side then you think it's RDM. People cannot stand dying it's crazy.

If you want your minor issues to be sorted and you want ignorant staff demoted, record, record, record. Reporting people on the forums with enough proof gets them banned, reporting mods on the forums with proof get them banned. But if you have no proof then words are just words.

I went ahead and demoted all staff members that were inactive but at the same time, does it matter that much? Does it matter if we have inactive staff members? I don't really see the issue but I guess it keeps things clean?

Everyone comes to me because I seem to be the only one that provides real support + answers. I have the power to do anything because I am the owner. Having staff take charge and step up is pretty nice and it happens very rarely. I don't except much out of my staff but as I said above, its better to have some staff than no staff at all.

Let me know what grey areas there are in the rules and I can clear them up for you, it's not that big of a deal. Suggest rules that should be explained more and it will be done.

Me not physically not playing doesn't really influence if other staff members are going to moderate. I am always around but I just don't physically play because I am always doing something else.

Of course if we had like 16 staff members constantly on like before rather than the 2 - 4 that we now have, it would be a lot easier and all of this wouldn't be an issue.

TL : DR

1. We can't pick god like staff because god like people don't apply. You have to deal with what you get
  2. You shouldn't be calling admins for minor issues that can be resolved by a quick conversation with the opposite party
  3. Record if you want minor issues to be solved and staff to be demoted
  4. I demoted all inactive staff because apparently having inactive staff that were good people triggers some people
  5. Suggest grey areas to clear up

In a perfect world we would need no staff but because people are human beings and make mistakes on accident or on purpose but we need your help to resolve some issues too.

Yellow Guy verbally insulting me in sit, calling me an autistic fucking faggot instead of actually handling the issue at hand

* I would very much like to see some evidence of this.

Race (not staff, respected) being a complete dick to anybody and everybody besides his inner circle of friends/anybody who does any negative roleplay or ooc action towards him. His sickening disrespect promotes people on the server to accept an attitude of "its ok to insult people because if they don't like it or report it, they are whiny bitches" (I'll bet him or one of his friends replies some hate post against me, claiming I'm a salty whiny bitch who needs to be banned)

* Once again, Evidence please.

Spawn of heck SCREAMING at the top of his lungs in sits, to the point where it sounds like he is having an anneurism

* Spawn of heck yells when you attempt to talk over him or say the sit is a ''waste of time'' and then try to leave.

BillCat, If you are going to make wild accusations please back them up.

I'm going to be honest. I am probably in no place to talk about staff (considering I was demoted for abusing, and yes, I did it on purpose for undisclosed reasons, which I regret - I will explain why), I'm still probably going to do it anyways. And I am almost certain that someone is going to reply "u got d3moted fgt, u succ at evrythng, u cnt evn tlk". 

Now, I am in full understanding that good staff is hard to find, which Sugar states in his reply. This is common sense, as the Garry's Mod community is pretty shit. If I read correctly (which I probably didn't, one lesson of me for you guys to learn is to never take me too seriously), Sugar talked about how staff members only take sits that are more significant. 

This is true, as they are taught (if taught at all at this point) to not take sits for single rdm's, rda's, or other things like that. What MY PROBLEM is, is that staff are not even taking sits for the significant issues, such as mass rdms. Yesterday, there were THREE mass rdmers on at one single time, roaming the streets and mowing everyone down. I had made quite a few sit requests at the time, and I am sure others had too. But nothing was being done for at least a good two minutes.

If I remember correctly, the staff that were online were Tyrant and Pixel, and I understand that there could have been a delay due to them taking other sits, but it just seemed like at that point the staff don't even care. If it was me, I would have stopped what I was doing and spectated the person, then ban them instantly if they were actually mass rdming (or jail, which ever one is preferred). But players had to 2+ mins to even have the guy jailed, which I personally find to be ridiculous. 

I almost considered buying trial mod again, as I joined the server and felt that it needed help (which is again, why I slightly regret abusing, and also because of the recent ban of three retarded staff members that basically were the reason I had originally left in the first place). 

In conclusion, I think you (or we, if I am even considered still part of the community) need not new moderators, which are hard to find indeed, but someone to watch over the moderators and make sure they are doing their stuff correctly. Or maybe we don’t need anyone new, who knows. I just really wanted to make a contribution to the thread, considering that it might help just a little bit, especially because someone is going to ask Shard for some evidence on shitty staff (if it hasn’t been asked already). 

Thanks for listening to my shitty input :P

Tyrant refusing to take a sit unless I made a forum report on two people, who were rdming as he was ONLINE. He said I needed to make a report and list what happened on the forums (which i did and later deleted) or he wouldn't handle the problem. I made the report and he still never helped. Instead he ran around the server, the only staff at the time, not taking sits and joking around WITH the mass rdmers.

Side note: I get it, some of these staff have been here for awhile. However, seniority doesn't mean they are good staff. Hitler was in power for over a decade, but Kennedy was in power for only a few years. Who was a better leader?

A) Bold move calling out staff by name

B) I wasn't online, I joined when I saw your shout box message and as soon as Medik joined, he witnessed them doing nothing. You do not know how do things on the server, while I "ran around the server" that is how some would say "Doing their rounds" I was looking for rules being broken because in all reality, Medik was watching the players who you accused and he looked into the report for me and stated what he found.

C) You complained that people were rdming, but in all reality, if they were they stopped before they were caught. Like I even snapped at you when you tried to say "Just look at logs" logs can't tell us everything. You tell me someone is propspamming in the theater, I can see that he stacked chairs -1337 underground and that can be seen. Someone getting killed every so often isn't as easy because I don't know what led up to that moment. As far as I know, someone could say "Hey dude, kill me 3 times for fun, just to see how quick you can do it xD" over voice then after it happens, call staff saying "This guy just keeps rdming me for no reason why I try to leave spawn, it's bullshit, ban him. Logs support my story anyways"

D) You also claimed I was the only staff online, but like previously mentioned, Medik was in the server before me to begin with.

PS) Also, you say that Kennedy was a better leader than Hitler but Hitler did unify a country. Not saying that Hitler was a good guy or anything, but just that he was a great talker and did do what other leaders wish they could do with unifying their country under one person. While Kennedy had roughly a 70% approval rate during his time as president, Hitler did have an estimated 90-93% approval rate, how much of those numbers had something to do with the brainwashing he did on the people is one thing, but those were the numbers I did manage to find. Turns out, the Nazis didn't really hold too many open polls about their approval rating.

(I like history)

Before any other drama goes ham and starts an all out war, post suggestions for the rules on the suggestions page. If you are going to provide constructive feedback then by all means do it but you should really be more specific on what you want changed. "Clearing up grey areas" is very arbitrary.