I agree Shard, except I'm not afraid to speak my mind. If people dislike for that, as a handful already do, so be it.
The TitsRP staff team has to be one of the most unorganized staff teams I've ever seen. We have no clear "chain of command" on who has a final say. Yea, we have sugar. But sugar is one person, and we are working him half to death. Whenever he is on, he is spammed by everybody. This is a major problem. We need a clear "second highest up". When we don't have a clear second highest up, we have trial mods bicker internally, ask mods, they bicker, ask admins they might bicker, and then everybody spams sugar for an answer. We need a clear idea of who is in charge of who.
This is how I currently see it:
Sugar (Highest ranking staff)
Admins
Mods
Trial Mods
This means that whenever there is a disagreement for lets say, the admins, which is rare, then they all spam sugar for help. On top of that, I've only ever seen one admin on, which is Fantasma. He (no offense fanta) is only semi active, so he can't handle much. We are left with mods and trial mods, all interpreting rules in their own way, and spamming sugar if they can't agree.
The rules are in shambles. We have SO many gray areas. Whenever I say "hey, we should all sit down and define the rules better," all I get is excuses, moaning, and bitching. Either that, or people tell me to stop bitching. What is the point of having a staff team if the rules can be so easily abused, loopholed, and misinterpreted. One example is the warn system. (Not the staff !warn, but the warns in chat) As of now, warns, like the old counters, can be used to mass rdm under certain circumstances. People can, within 2 seconds, verbally say "warn 1 warn 2 warn 3" *BAM* shotgun to the face. I've had people, STAFF, warn me to go away, and then FOLLOW ME as I walk down the road, so they can continue to spout warns and shoot me. I've seen people mass rdm and say "oh they were following me, i verbally warned them." These grey areas cause absolutely chaos.
Another problem is that even with the rules that are very clearly defined, the staff can't properly enforce them! How many rdms qualifies as mass rdm? Is "kos +5" a kos sign or a loitering sign? What is NLR? None of these things are enforced the same way by more than one or two staff. I've had some staff tell me nlr doesn't exist at all, that it only exists during raids, and that interfering with rp that caused you to die is nlr. Which one is it? No clear chain of command, plus an owner who is doing in real life things and can't sit down for four hours and fill in every grey area, means we have mods doing their own damn thing.
Let me continue my bitching. Some of the staff are biased, OH so biased. Let me give you an example:
>be me
>gets base raided
>goes back to general area
>gets shot for "breaking nlr"
>goes back to ask why I was shot
>gets shot again
>goes to notify killer I'm getting admin
>tries shooting me again, does not kill
>shoots person in self defense
I'll stop with the 4chan crap, but anyway, I'm brought to a sit. I go to explain what happened, when I'm told it isn't my sit request that was answered, but the person who just died's sit request. I'm accused of breaking nlr, even though I never interacted with the raider (mind you, my base was entirely open and gutted, with no entities left. This person was raiding just to prevent me from going back to base, even far after the 5 minute time limit? Or is it 10 minutes? Another grey area) Anyway, I am accused of breaking nlr. I explain I was simply waiting for the raid to end, got shot at, and defended myself. Admin then pulls up logs showing my death, then me killing my shooter. I explain this was 6 minutes apart, and in self defense as I was waiting for raid to end/explaining to killer I filed a report for rdm/breaking raid timer. I'm told if I continue to lie, that I will be banned for 3 days. I ask how I am lying, as my story matches up perfectly with the logs. "Oh, you are lying because the reporter said you lied". Wut. The moderator then starts bringing witnesses, who are all friends of the person who made the report. During this time, people begin climbing into the sit and calling me a nigger, faggot, etc. I'm then verbally told to "stop bitching" about the people who are in the sit, but are just intruding. I think maybe the mod doesn't understand me or something, so I ask if he can hear me and if his first language is english (not to be offensive to but to if there was a language barrier.) The mod then says the dumbest thing ever, "Are you being RACIST"???!?! 20 minutes of the mod insulting me, people propclimbing into sit and getting away with it, and told I'm going to be banned. Then I just get warned for nlr and get returned. Like nothing happened.
I'm not telling anybody how to run the server, just heavily suggesting they should take some of the steps I've described.
1) Re evaluate staff team. Demote if they cannot pass simple mock scenarios/are not being good staff
2) Clear up grey areas on the rules. All of them
3) Get all of the staff on the same page
4) Construct a chain of command for the staff (Owner, admins, etc) so we don't have trial mods going DIRECTLY to sugar for every little thing.
Google Chrome was lagging because the post I wrote was so big. Let me explain what I said more in depth.
1) Re evaluate the staff. Some of the staff are, bluntly, shit at what they do. They either do not care, do not understand, or are intentionally doing certain actions. I WILL be naming names, and listing them off. Time to sit back, buckle up, and watch the hate pour in
Yellow Guy verbally insulting me in sit, calling me an autistic fucking faggot instead of actually handling the issue at hand
Race (not staff, respected) being a complete dick to anybody and everybody besides his inner circle of friends/anybody who does any negative roleplay or ooc action towards him. His sickening disrespect promotes people on the server to accept an attitude of "its ok to insult people because if they don't like it or report it, they are whiny bitches" (I'll bet him or one of his friends replies some hate post against me, claiming I'm a salty whiny bitch who needs to be banned)
Spawn of heck SCREAMING at the top of his lungs in sits, to the point where it sounds like he is having an anneurism
Harley taking sits involving him and his friends, even ones involving direct reports against him, and being extremely biased. He will take anything you give him and twist it to suit him or his friends. For example, he begins warning me to walk away "Warn 1, warn 2". I am walking, sprinting, away from him. He follows me as I run down the road away from him and guns me down because he "Warned me to leave." I ask for a sit, he answers it. The entire sit is conducted on the road in industrial, where he easily ignores his friends screaming "FAGGOT, DUMBASS" at me in the middle of a sit.
Tyrant refusing to take a sit unless I made a forum report on two people, who were rdming as he was ONLINE. He said I needed to make a report and list what happened on the forums (which i did and later deleted) or he wouldn't handle the problem. I made the report and he still never helped. Instead he ran around the server, the only staff at the time, not taking sits and joking around WITH the mass rdmers.
Side note: I get it, some of these staff have been here for awhile. However, seniority doesn't mean they are good staff. Hitler was in power for over a decade, but Kennedy was in power for only a few years. Who was a better leader?
Every single admin besides fantasma being massively server inactive, and only occasionally on the forums. I know Sugar does not mind if admins are inactive, but how does an inactive staff team enforce the rules?
Lack of admins or anybody higher than moderators besides sugar, who is only on a few hours a day, leads to moderators interpreting the rules in a different way for themselves. This causes extreme chaos, as what one staff promotes and does themselves, another staff would ban 24 hours for. See how bad that is? It isn't entirely the mods' faults, either. There are so many grey areas in the rules that some staff outright enforce rules that do not exist, but that THEY think should exist. An example of this would be some staff enforcing the new counter rule and others not enforcing it. Some won't even take sits involving it.
Now, due to a lack of anybody besides equally powered moderators, large grey areas, and some staff just being dicks, we have the staff team divided into like 5 sub groups. X player is friends with y moderator, but not v moderator. They will follow what y says but not what v says. If v confronts y about this, then y defends friend. Internal staff bickering. Nobody to go to in the sense of a head mod, admin, co owner, only sugar. Sugar then gets spammed with twenty messages. x player may then become staff, because of good recommendation from his friend y. Y then teaches x his version of the rules. People become friends with x as he is more prominent and well known. X teaches the rules the way y did, but may change things slightly because of how he thinks things should be. The cycle continues until there are such big divides in the rules and how the are enforced that it fractures the staff team to the point of hidden staff drama.
2) Clear up the grey areas
If we have no undefined areas of the rules, then they cannot be loosely understood. If the rules say "Nlr is when a player returns to their deathzone to interact with the rp situation that led to their death" is nlr, then no other staff can argue "no, this is what nlr means." This means staff all enforce the same rules, punishments are the same, no idiotic versions of rules that don't exist.
3) Get all the staff on same page
Would be an effect of clearing up grey areas. No misunderstood rules, no grey areas, all staff are on the same page.
4) Construct a chain of command for the staff
We do need this. Imo it should be something like:
Owner (Sugar)
Head Admin (Speaks to sugar about things, solves bickering between admins without having to go to sugar)
Admin (Admin team that are actually active
Moderator (Just mods...yea)
Trial mods (Trial mods...people learning to be staff)
This way the staff team can function properly without having to bitch to sugar about every little issue.
The end result of all of this would be:
In depth rules enforced by organized staff team all enforcing the same understanding of the rules.
Note: I have nothing against the staff I named, they just did these certain things as staff. Except race. He needs to be made a user/vip so people stop listening to him. He is more toxic than the water in Flint, Michigan.