Kert Kobean Posted April 7, 2025 Share Posted April 7, 2025 1 hour ago, 1-800-Suicide said: Forgot to add that kert only messaged people he presumably knows doesn't like me, booper scooper was not messaged for example, and he is very available on discord and neither was goatnuts. So initially I wasn't gonna comment any further on this and ultimately just leave it to the discretion of higher up staff, but I do want to make some clarifications on this. The players I messaged were strictly pulled from the logs provided by JgPapi in the ban appeal. I'm uncertain if there were more, as when I went to ask him about the situation I never got a response. UnaB0mber was the only person I wasn't able to directly contact out of the list. I will also tell you point blank that I genuinely don't have anything against you, in fact what little interactions I had with you years ago were actually pretty funny! The reason I took this appeal so seriously isn't because I don't like you, it's because of the precedent that it sets moving forward with how we handle sits like that. The reason I never typically care about other ban appeals is because they don't nearly carry the same weight as one like this. But, as I've ultimately been informed by higher up staff, even as an unspoken rule it's still something that has been put in place for a while. Your appeal was accepted, so that's about the point where it no longer mattered to me. Despite what you may think, I really don't harbor any resentment towards you, gerbs, or anyone else involved. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22847-report-on-kurt-kobean-for-blatant-bias/page/3/#findComment-156511 Share on other sites More sharing options...
LeGerbs Posted April 7, 2025 Author Share Posted April 7, 2025 (edited) 30 minutes ago, Blender said: So initially I wasn't gonna comment any further on this and ultimately just leave it to the discretion of higher up staff, but I do want to make some clarifications on this. The players I messaged were strictly pulled from the logs provided by JgPapi in the ban appeal. I'm uncertain if there were more, as when I went to ask him about the situation I never got a response. UnaB0mber was the only person I wasn't able to directly contact out of the list. I will also tell you point blank that I genuinely don't have anything against you, in fact what little interactions I had with you years ago were actually pretty funny! The reason I took this appeal so seriously isn't because I don't like you, it's because of the precedent that it sets moving forward with how we handle sits like that. The reason I never typically care about other ban appeals is because they don't nearly carry the same weight as one like this. But, as I've ultimately been informed by higher up staff, even as an unspoken rule it's still something that has been put in place for a while. Your appeal was accepted, so that's about the point where it no longer mattered to me. Despite what you may think, I really don't harbor any resentment towards you, gerbs, or anyone else involved. I've spoken to Rubik in private about the entire situation and where my frustration comes from is the lack of education over punishment coming from not just you but staff as a whole. This is something I've seen come from many others you were just the final straw. You have to realize from a non-staff point of view it seemed almost entirely like targeting. I'm not close with Piklas as been said multiple times by both of us however we both share a mutual standard of how things should operate and have operated for years and years. I also barely know you and my point of this report isn't to get you demoted or striked for that matter but to bring light to situations like this as a whole. More care needs to be taken during and after sits by the original staff member not one that comes in after the fact. The frustration many of us have expressed over the last few weeks has to do with the lack of regard for all of the policies and guidelines that have been built over years of work by ex and current staff. Edited April 7, 2025 by LeGerbs Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22847-report-on-kurt-kobean-for-blatant-bias/page/3/#findComment-156512 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kert Kobean Posted April 7, 2025 Share Posted April 7, 2025 4 minutes ago, LeGerbs said: I've spoken to Rubik in private about the entire situation and where my frustration comes from is the lack of education over punishment coming from not just you but staff as a whole. This is something I've seen come from many others you were just the final straw. You have to realize from a non-staff point of view it seemed almost entirely like targeting. I'm not close with Piklas as been said multiple times by both of us however we both share a mutual standard of how things should operate and have operated for years and years. I also barely know you and my point of this report isn't to get you demoted or striked for that matter but to bring light to situations like this as a whole. More care needs to be taken during and after sits by the original staff member not one that comes in after the fact. The frustration many of us have expressed over the last few weeks has to do with the lack of regard for all of the policies and guidelines that have been built over years of work by ex and current staff. I wholeheartedly understand the frustration, which is why I absolutely don't take anything said or done personally. And I also without question understand that since I've never gone to lengths like these, it absolutely would've come off as targeting considering I didn't give any proper explanation. And I also agree that the standards of sits have fallen, to the point where I've even had to contend the point of sits should be given regardless of circumstance. The sit with Piklas was grossly mishandled, which is why after looking back on the conversation I do think Piklas being unbanned is warranted and justified. I also want to apologize for sharing in the frustrations, and being combative during the ban appeal. I appreciate the work put in by you and former staff members, and can only hope that moving forward sits are handled with care like they used to be. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22847-report-on-kurt-kobean-for-blatant-bias/page/3/#findComment-156513 Share on other sites More sharing options...
kez Posted April 7, 2025 Share Posted April 7, 2025 1 hour ago, LeGerbs said: I've spoken to Rubik in private about the entire situation and where my frustration comes from is the lack of education over punishment coming from not just you but staff as a whole. This is something I've seen come from many others you were just the final straw. You have to realize from a non-staff point of view it seemed almost entirely like targeting. I'm not close with Piklas as been said multiple times by both of us however we both share a mutual standard of how things should operate and have operated for years and years. I also barely know you and my point of this report isn't to get you demoted or striked for that matter but to bring light to situations like this as a whole. More care needs to be taken during and after sits by the original staff member not one that comes in after the fact. The frustration many of us have expressed over the last few weeks has to do with the lack of regard for all of the policies and guidelines that have been built over years of work by ex and current staff. I understand education over punishment, and I always like to educate over punish, sometimes I’m too nice. The only issue with that, is seasoned players/ex staff like Piklas know all the rules already, so a mass rdm on them looks much worse than a new player that just bought gmod in my eyes. at that point you know exactly what your doing, and how new staff can mess your sit up, and abuse it. You do make a great point though, there should be some more clear protocol on how new staff handle sits, maybe some example videos of different situations and niche scenarios from higher ups to base their sits off of. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22847-report-on-kurt-kobean-for-blatant-bias/page/3/#findComment-156515 Share on other sites More sharing options...
You Posted April 8, 2025 Share Posted April 8, 2025 Accepted? Player has been demoted. 1 2 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22847-report-on-kurt-kobean-for-blatant-bias/page/3/#findComment-156536 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts