yall remember when I called this shit?

wolf2297

Servers become a cesspool, basing isnt worth it, its just top dog supremacy and if you reference it it's a "skill issue" and "learn to XYZ better", yall ever considered not fucking the new players? player count is down from the average of 52 to 40. consistently.

• Like 2
  • uhoh 1
  • SMorc 1
  • crybaby -1 1

Dude.... your warn appeal got denied and you decide to post a "server is shit" thread.

Anyway, it's too early for this type of conversation. Historically (aka pre-Covid), TitsRP was a summer server. Summer months, the place would always be packed then once the (American) school year started, the player count would dip. If it's mid-July 2024 and the numbers are still like this, then it's time to really take a hard look. Until then, just take the L on your warn appeal.

• Failfish 1

9 minutes ago, wolf2297 said:

plus im not the only one whos started bringing this up, pipe down lil bro^^

Take a quick look at this post from last year. Literally the same situation (server was averaging 55-85 or so)

Do you want to know how that ended? The server went back to averaging 100+ within 1 month and I looked like a clown. I'll continue to reserve my judgement until next summer since the server population always picks up during summer months (as it always has).

24 minutes ago, wolf2297 said:

its also a friday night. school would have no impact on current player count

This claim makes a lot of assumptions. All I will say is that school does have a major impact on player count. What do think the main demographic that plays TitsRP is? I'll leave it at that and see what happens next summer.

1 hour ago, Makoto said:

Take a quick look at this post from last year. Literally the same situation (server was averaging 55-85 or so)

Do you want to know how that ended? The server went back to averaging 100+ within 1 month and I looked like a clown. I'll continue to reserve my judgement until next summer since the server population always picks up during summer months (as it always has).

This claim makes a lot of assumptions. All I will say is that school does have a major impact on player count. What do think the main demographic that plays TitsRP is? I'll leave it at that and see what happens next summer.

thats fair but, the summer is such a short portion of the year. when looking at a server, you judge based on the 8-9 months of the year. Population really does spike during the summer bc that's when EVERYBODY is free, but most of those players are skippers and only show up once or twice

2 minutes ago, wolf2297 said:

thats fair but, the summer is such a short portion of the year. when looking at a server, you judge based on the 8-9 months of the year. Population really does spike during the summer bc that's when EVERYBODY is free, but most of those players are skippers and only show up once or twice

I agree to a certain extent. However, the server history has to be taken into account when looking at that data. Simply put, during the 8-9 months of the (school) year, this server has always averaged 55-80 something players. The only thing that has changed over the years is the number of server slots. Back in 2017 (when I first joined), it was 75 slots. As I type this, the current server population is 65. 65/75 doesnt look too bad. Sometime in early 2018, the number of server slots was increased to 90. 65/90 doesn't look too bad and the population goes up to the mid-upper 80s as it gets closer to midnight. Sometime in 2020, the number of server slots increased to 128 (as KDawg always wanted). 65/128 looks horrible and is subject to threads like this. Thank God summer is always around to pump those numbers up. Covid messed things up a bit, but now it's more or less back to normal.

I invite you to look at the following gametracker link and navigate over to the "Historical Data" chart and click 30 days:

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/193.243.190.39:27015/

I then want you to imagine how that chart would look if the number of slots on the server was 90 as opposed to 128.

Ah shit, you got me pushing my old narrative again. This is why I want to wait until the summer (preferably mid July).

It's great to see that a (seemingly) newer player cares so much. That bodes well for the server's future.

• Rubik locked and unlocked this topic

spacer.png
 spacer.png                                                             omg sugar and rubik ruined the server so now its dead lolololol

also if you look at the same graphs youll see that consistently gmods highest player counts are during july,
                                                                                                                          august(summer) and december

Edited by bugman
  • Like 1