Player issues

wolf2297

Have y'all noticed how players stopped basing? how players kinda really stopped playing. The server ran at a consistent 80+ players up until this past week or so. Ive also noticed that the same group of people (who are also admins) do 90% of the raiding and all have 50+ million dollars. The server is becoming unnatractive to new players bc of elitism and megabasing by admins. How can we address this?

-PS i can guarantee the people im referencing will comment on this and say they're not the problem

• Like 1

Case in point, a group of admins amassing, -5 printer racks, 6 processors, atleast 5 btc miners and other entities by sheer raiding. a 4 stack of admins versus everyone else, currently. there are 0 Active player bases other then the admin base.

• Like 1

There's been issues in the past with this, I don't actively play right now, but yeah. It goes in waves they'll likely step down at some point and be normal players but there isn't much the team can do as they're not breaking rules, that being said if you catch them breaking rules make a report. Last thing you need is them being dicks AND breaking the rules while doing it.

As for the server height...that also goes in waves, it picks up during time off of school. So the summer and winter/spring breaks are the most active times of the year for the server. 

The only solution to close the divide is to completely wipe everyone of all their items, money, custom classes, etc. and that comes with it's own set of problems, such as long term players who grind like it's their living abandoning the server. The basing problem can't be solved, this is Garry's Blackpill. New players will not take the time out of their day to learn all of the correct ways to base and raid, there's just too much to learn. 

Also it's November, midterms and holidays are coming up, the playerbase that's mostly filled with college kids are just too busy to play the server, I'm sure when January comes up you'll see a spike in players. 

4 hours ago, bone. said:

The only solution to close the divide is to completely wipe everyone of all their items, money, custom classes, etc. and that comes with it's own set of problems, such as long term players who grind like it's their living abandoning the server. The basing problem can't be solved, this is Garry's Blackpill. New players will not take the time out of their day to learn all of the correct ways to base and raid, there's just too much to learn. 

Also it's November, midterms and holidays are coming up, the playerbase that's mostly filled with college kids are just too busy to play the server, I'm sure when January comes up you'll see a spike in players. 

Literally this. I would be lying if I said I haven't thought of similar ways to bridge this like putting item limits on CCs or even going and seeing what would happen if we took certain Talismans away but in the end yeah people would end up leaving entirely. Basically just wait and see what happens with GMod 2 (S&Box) fix some of the base issues with how things are done here if possible if/when they decide to make the move. 

18 hours ago, wolf2297 said:

-5 printer racks, 6 processors, atleast 5 btc miners and other entities by sheer raiding. a 4 stack of admins versus everyone else, currently. there are 0 Active player bases other then the admin base.

So first off 5 printer racks isnt that much. You can get that pretty quickly from just buying them from players. Now secondly, being admins has nothing to do with basing. If anything its harder to both moderate and base. 

18 hours ago, wolf2297 said:

The server ran at a consistent 80+ players up until this past week or so.

This just happens naturally. There has been way less people that know how to raid playing these last few weeks. So you cant really attribute this to raiding. Also most new player just don't even want to base. They would rather just rp and mess around with others then sit in a base for 5 hours.

There's definitely a learning curve when it comes to basing on titsrp. We try to make it as balanced for both sides as possible but more unique and fun than other servers. The downside to this is you need to have a good understanding of the basing/raiding meta to take advantage of all of these unique aspects. It is usually the veteran players that have figured it out. I don't think this is an issue with staff, it just so happens that the players that enjoy basing the most and have the knowledge to combat most raid methods just so happen to be staff. I'm open to any feedback (in addition to what was already posted here) on how we can improve basing and raiding for new players. 

Not to discredit your post or anything, that's not at all what I'm trying to do. I just want to reiterate what Succ said about the playercount going in waves. This is not unique to titsrp. As you can see in the data below, the decline in players on Garry's Mod is reflected on all popular servers and gamemodes (with the exception of some of the most popular servers). Garry's Mod is an 18 year old game with one full time developer who mainly focuses on bug fixes. The game is not advertised or promoted in any way. Players will come in when they see some meme on tiktok or something and then leave. In closing, yes do focus our efforts more on the veteran players because they are the ones that keep titsrp alive. That's why we've been around since 2015 and still kicking. I do think we can focus more on balancing things out for new players though, especially in terms of raiding/basing. 

image.png

PTlw

I would agree with you about 5 printer racks not being alot, but for context. Multiple mid-advanced players are now saying that basing isnt worth it due to the same group constantly raiding, for context a full printer rack can fit 8 printers (or six i cant remember), each player can buy only 2 printers, 1 rack represents 4 players. 5 full printer racks (40 printers) would represent 20 players worth of printers. thats a fuckton of printers to have