Reaching -100 rep as staff does not auto demote.

Sticks

Category:

Bug

Priority:

Urgent

Description:

When a staff member reaches -100 rep they are meant to be automatically demoted. This is reflected in the reputation code, but it does not demote them. See Moderator Dev1 who recently reached -100 rep as the majority of the community does not like them, and they still have their staff rank.

How to reproduce:

Be staff, get -100 rep, stay as staff
  • Like 7
  • crybaby -1 2

I’ve heard nothing from SA about this but  I would never be on board with allowing a staff member to be demoted just because of -rep.   People can easily target someone that you don’t like. 

if you have issues with a staff member make a report with all the evidence you have . Have a good day 

Edited by {GN} Isaac
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, {GN} Isaac said:

I’ve heard nothing from SA about this but  I would never allow a staff member to be demoted just because of -rep.   People can easily target someone that you don’t like. 

if you have issues with a staff member make a report with all the evidence you have . Have a good day 

100 people ''targetting'' someone is crazy. People don't like him. did 100 people target haze of dream? No. people didnt like him. Its meant to be coded that -100 rep gets u demoted so.

25 minutes ago, Tene said:

100 people ''targetting'' someone is crazy. People don't like him. did 100 people target haze of dream? No. people didnt like him. Its meant to be coded that -100 rep gets u demoted so.

You know how easy it is for someone to go up to someone and be like hey neg this dude?? If the community has an issue with a staff member. Please go about it the right away and speak to smod+. Then from there we go discuss the best options. 

but no staff member will be demoted because of - rep unless i get some type of confirmation from overflow or Rubik/ sugar themself 

Edited by {GN} Isaac

Just now, {GN} Isaac said:

You know how easy it is for someone to go up to someone and be like hey neg this dude?? If the community has an issue with a staff member. Please go about it the right away and speak to smod+. Then from there we go discuss the best options. 

its supposed to be hard coded that -100 rep gets u demoted, otherwise whats the point of rep? its been in the code forever that -100 rep gets u demoted, it seems its just bugged, hence the bug report. If an entire max server pop has -repped this guy, and he hasnt been able to get +rep to counter it, should he be staff? u say its so easy to get -rep, its also so easy to get +rep, so why isnt he getting +rep? 
Answer: No one likes him.
Solution: fix the bug with the code that is MEANT to auto demote him

4 minutes ago, Tene said:

its supposed to be hard coded that -100 rep gets u demoted, otherwise whats the point of rep? its been in the code forever that -100 rep gets u demoted, it seems its just bugged, hence the bug report. If an entire max server pop has -repped this guy, and he hasnt been able to get +rep to counter it, should he be staff? u say its so easy to get -rep, its also so easy to get +rep, so why isnt he getting +rep? 
Answer: No one likes him.
Solution: fix the bug with the code that is MEANT to auto demote him

My entire time on this server I’ve never once seen a staff member be demoted for having low rep. I’ve never even seen anyone speak of this before. Especially the SA..  yes I agree someone that has bad reputation  shouldn’t be staff.. but reps ingame not gonna lie are a joke. You know how many people I’ve banned the - rep me .. like reps ingame can’t be trusted, as I stated before I value the community opinion so come to me or smod+ and we can discuss other options.  

I’ve also seen people on the server attempt to get - rep so are you saying they would be demoted for that ?? idk just doesn’t make sense in my opinion 

3 minutes ago, {GN} Isaac said:

My entire time on this server I’ve never once seen a staff member be demoted for having low rep.

cuz none have had -100 (because they get auto demoted if they do and because -100 is so hard to get that no1 has done it). it is very much in the code. this isnt a player report its a bug report, he is meant to be being demoted but isnt for some reason /shrug. msg me on discord if u want to reply cause it seems we are talking about this as though it is a suggestion thread on if -100 should demote.
spacer.png

Edited by Tene
  • Like 1

Negative rep is just a button you could push with a bunch of other people, if you really think someone of the staff team should be removed there is always the forums and you can discuss there. I can see why this should be a feature, but to me i think it has the possibility to be abused/misused into oblivion.

• Like 2
  • thumbdown -1 4

• zoot locked this topic