clarify the jaywalking law

Yung PussyBanger

Everyone has witnessed someone else getting arrested for merely stepping one foot onto the street and being arrested for "Jaywalking". If you know/don't know already, Jaywalking is the act of crossing the street illegally, without using the crosswalks/tunnels/etc. Majority of the time Jaywalking has been misused, such as stepping on the road for .5 seconds and a CP main would fine/arrest you for Jaywalking. This law has been abused since the dawn of time and I and many others are getting sick of it. 

• Like 3

The only problem is that unless you have a clipping software and are willing to make/upload clips there's really not a way to stop CP players from abusing this even if the law is clarified. I would recommend everyone start using clipping software and make forum posts about CP's who are abusing this rule if you are unsuccessful with contacting staff on the server at the time of it happening. Staff also don't always have the time to spectate and keep eyes on people who may be abusing this rule 24/7

If the staff team agrees, we can just add“ stepping on the street doesn't justify a fine for j walking” or something like that in Motd next to General cop rule 

I do agree with you and support a change.
+

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BearPaws said:

The only problem is that unless you have a clipping software and are willing to make/upload clips there's really not a way to stop CP players from abusing this even if the law is clarified. I would recommend everyone start using clipping software and make forum posts about CP's who are abusing this rule if you are unsuccessful with contacting staff on the server at the time of it happening. Staff also don't always have the time to spectate and keep eyes on people who may be abusing this rule 24/7

If they make a sit, you can just spectate the player and see if you can catch them. If you do, you can tell them to not fine people for that and explain.  If you don't just TP them and lmk just in case that you're not allowed to fine for that.  Usually they will remember and you're going to be alert anyway. 

Jaywalking: "cross or walk in the street or road unlawfully or without regard for approaching traffic." 

Walking in the street in general is considered jaywalking but I can agree it def is annoying to be arrested for steeping out on it for less then a second. So it would be good to get more clarification on it 

I fully support the rule change because I cannot tell you how many times I've had to slide past another player who was standing on the sidewalk, buildings being on the sidewalk, or again, just having one foot on the road for a mere second or two and a cop cuffs and fines. I think this rule should be handled with more severity because it allowed CP jobs to abuse their role and make it significantly less fun for all non CP players.

Whether staff spectates after a player mass false J-walk fines or clipped evidence is provided, this is a good rule to add and enforce.

• Like 2

As rp is a representation of real life, jaywalking is crossing or walking in the street where there is traffic. The unwritten server culture is the fact that once a player's foot even edges the street u will get fined for jaywalking.

I would suggest updating the mayor example of good laws to include a definition regarding jaywalking and the extent of how hard the mayor wants it to be enforced. 

This is the current example "Jaywalking will result in a $500 fine, cross at street corners/the crosswalks we have placed"

This example requires mayors to give an example as to what they are looking for. 

We can even include something that states mayor needs to describe what jaywalking is. 

"Jaywalking $5000 fine. Must not walk on street, crossing on corners or placed crosswalks only." (throwing grammar out the window bc of character limit when making laws)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crabroll said:

As rp is a representation of real life, jaywalking is crossing or walking in the street where there is traffic. The unwritten server culture is the fact that once a player's foot even edges the street u will get fined for jaywalking.

I would suggest updating the mayor example of good laws to include a definition regarding jaywalking and the extent of how hard the mayor wants it to be enforced. 

This is the current example "Jaywalking will result in a $500 fine, cross at street corners/the crosswalks we have placed"

This example requires mayors to give an example as to what they are looking for. 

We can even include something that states mayor needs to describe what jaywalking is. 

"Jaywalking $5000 fine. Must not walk on street, crossing on corners or placed crosswalks only." (throwing grammar out the window bc of character limit when making laws)

Only problem with that is you cant make a law that long. So they would have to add that as a 2nd law taking up more law spaces. Unless it could be made where you can make the laws longer 

fine P1  u dumdum, the example law we have right now is 92 characters long, mine is 93 😐

Here: "Jwalking $5k Fine, No walking on street, cross at corners/crosswalk placed."

Edited by Crabroll