[Official] Suggestions for the Server

TitsRP

how is it offensive? name one way and ill delete my post

it is not offensive at all the only people who ever seem to get offended by it are sjws like you

Years upon years of slavery being made

A joke by ignorant people saying a word that killed so many

it is not offensive at all the only people who ever seem to get offended by it are sjws like you

Saying it like "there's my nibba race" isn't racist. Saying it as a insult like " oh look at that black guy over there he's a nibba" is racist. People wont get offended by the word and some people will get offended by it, so leaving it as not being able to be said is better than allowing it and letting both people fight. After all, you don't even need to say the word. It's not even needed as a word. It's a optional word that doesn't need to be said

Also plz don't bring very old shit from way in the past like SJW black people do it's really annoying and not a good argument.

Also white people were also enslaved just saying

Saying it like "there's my nibba race" isn't racist. Saying it as a insult like " oh look at that black guy over there he's a nibba" is racist. People wont get offended by the word and some people will get offended by it, so leaving it as not being able to be said is better than allowing it and letting both people fight. After all, you don't even need to say the word. It's not even needed as a word. It's a optional word that doesn't need to be said

Also plz don't bring very old shit from way in the past like SJW black people do it's really annoying and not a good argument.

I know. It offends me. Maybe it does not to other people but it does to me for some reason. I don’t like negativity

I know. It offends me. Maybe it does not to other people but it does to me for some reason. I don’t like negativity

A key lesson in critical thinking is asking yourself why you react a certain way to things. 

Why do you think that word is negative?

"does to me for some reason", were you told that it is negative or taught? If i told you that saying devil is considered one of the worse cusswords in sweden you would most likely not believe me and saying devil probably doesn't mean anything to you except what it actually means. The same thing applies to anything and in my opinon it's only the message or context that is connected to a word that gives it a ceratin deeper meaning.

Why does it offend you when if you aren't on the recieving end or sending it?

If I were to call someone in my friend group a dummy dumb we both have an understanding that it isn't to offend either part and it's a way to say "you're silly" most of the time while if, for example someone were to call me dumb in a sit I would most likely take offense since they are either 1. trying to offend me or 2. risking to offend me by stating their beliefs or a joke. Therefore if, using Race0pones example calling someone his nibba they both know it doesn't have a racist message behind it, instead if someone were to call you a nibba out of no where I would personally wonder if it has a racist meaning behind it and that it's intended to be a cussword similiar to devil instead of something you call your homies.

This brings us to what the server should think about this. Should there be a 0 tolerance on anything that can be considered racist in OOC? Not in my opinon but at the same time you can't act like you're only among your friends, treat OOC like you're talking in public and not in your home. At the other side of the spectrum I still understand that this is the internet and people will try to circumvent the system and in those cases there might be a need for clear rules on what words can't be used but in my opinon thats why we have human staff and not robots banning as soon as they see something said, use and objective mind to determine what the sender is trying to achieve by using words or saying something. Lastly touching back as in if you're talking in public if someone approaches you to be more respectful with them in your language you will most likely do so, so if you're really that offended by something you can ask the person to stop and if they will not you can assume they are trying to offend you. There can be benefits in making staffing easier in these cases but banning words is just ridiculous in my opinon.

A key lesson in critical thinking is asking yourself why you react a certain way to things. 

Why do you think that word is negative?

"does to me for some reason", were you told that it is negative or taught? If i told you that saying devil is considered one of the worse cusswords in sweden you would most likely not believe me and saying devil probably doesn't mean anything to you except what it actually means. The same thing applies to anything and in my opinon it's only the message or context that is connected to a word that gives it a ceratin deeper meaning.

Why does it offend you when if you aren't on the recieving end or sending it?

If I were to call someone in my friend group a dummy dumb we both have an understanding that it isn't to offend either part and it's a way to say "you're silly" most of the time while if, for example someone were to call me dumb in a sit I would most likely take offense since they are either 1. trying to offend me or 2. risking to offend me by stating their beliefs or a joke. Therefore if, using Race0pones example calling someone his nibba they both know it doesn't have a racist message behind it, instead if someone were to call you a nibba out of no where I would personally wonder if it has a racist meaning behind it and that it's intended to be a cussword similiar to devil instead of something you call your homies.

This brings us to what the server should think about this. Should there be a 0 tolerance on anything that can be considered racist in OOC? Not in my opinon but at the same time you can't act like you're only among your friends, treat OOC like you're talking in public and not in your home. At the other side of the spectrum I still understand that this is the internet and people will try to circumvent the system and in those cases there might be a need for clear rules on what words can't be used but in my opinon thats why we have human staff and not robots banning as soon as they see something said, use and objective mind to determine what the sender is trying to achieve by using words or saying something. Lastly touching back as in if you're talking in public if someone approaches you to be more respectful with them in your language you will most likely do so, so if you're really that offended by something you can ask the person to stop and if they will not you can assume they are trying to offend you. There can be benefits in making staffing easier in these cases but banning words is just ridiculous in my opinon.

Very well said actually. I agree. Actually impressed right now lol

You're allowed to be racist, just don't do it in OOC or in any global chat where people will find it offensive or around people who may find it either offensive / disgusting. You say you call your friends racist terms all the time, you don't call strangers, teachers, your parents, family friends racist terms right? That would just be downright disrespectful and weird.

Everyone says stupid shit but there is a time and a place to say those things. Regardless if its a gmod server, its not allowed to say those types of things in OOC and it can get you in trouble if you're abusing anything locally. Staff are even more strict when it comes to things like that. Saying something in OOC even if it's a joke is just really stupid. "But Sugar Nibba, isn't really racist, it's just a meme!!" "A hard R on the n word is racist but nigga is not!!" is just stupid. Go call a stranger those words and see how they react.

If you joined a server and the staff and users used the word like it was part of their daily vocabulary, you could safely assume it is being ran by edgy 14 year old memers who don't know any better. You attract what you but out and allow and I don't want any of it.

No one wants to see it, no one finds it funny except for your group, keep it to yourself.

You're allowed to be racist, just don't do it in OOC or in any global chat where people will find it offensive or around people who may find it either offensive / disgusting. You say you call your friends racist terms all the time, you don't call strangers, teachers, your parents, family friends racist terms right? That would just be downright disrespectful and weird.

Everyone says stupid shit but there is a time and a place to say those things. Regardless if its a gmod server, its not allowed to say those types of things in OOC and it can get you in trouble if you're abusing anything locally. Staff are even more strict when it comes to things like that. Saying something in OOC even if it's a joke is just really stupid. "But Sugar Nibba, isn't really racist, it's just a meme!!"  "A hard R on the n word is racist but nigga is not!!" is just stupid. Go call a stranger those words and see how they react.

If you joined a server and the staff and users used the word like it was part of their daily vocabulary, you could safely assume it is being ran by edgy 14 year old memers who don't know any better. You attract what you but out and allow and I don't want any of it.

No one wants to see it, no one finds it funny except for your group, keep it to yourself.

Thank you Sugar. Regardless of the hard r I assure you you will get

Your ass whooped. People find that very offenisve and I am one of them.

I understand stand this is gmod,

But as sugar said, there is a time

And place to do so.

Add more materials to the server - I'd love to see CSS materials, but considering the server is suppose to be extremely user friendly, not everyone would have it (even though you can get it for free).

I know this has been said a lot - but change the spawn points.

I'd like to see a spawn area closed off from the map itself and have a doors you enter that teleport you to specific spots on the map (i'd prefer random). 

Alternatively - just have spawn locations all over the map, the sewers, in front of buildings, etc. Give all the protection to the players that they normally get (cuffing, picklock, etc) and have it if the player moves then it's disabled.

Or just have a fixed spawn in the slums. No one uses it. I'd rather see the current spawn point used for RP purposes.

Add more materials to the server - I'd love to see CSS materials, but considering the server is suppose to be extremely user friendly, not everyone would have it (even though you can get it for free).

I know this has been said a lot - but change the spawn points.

I'd like to see a spawn area closed off from the map itself and have a doors you enter that teleport you to specific spots on the map (i'd prefer random). 

Alternatively - just have spawn locations all over the map, the sewers, in front of buildings, etc. Give all the protection to the players that they normally get (cuffing, picklock, etc) and have it if the player moves then it's disabled.

Or just have a fixed spawn in the slums. No one uses it. I'd rather see the current spawn point used for RP purposes.

That would cause a lot of glitches and problems with NLR. I like the spawn the way it is tbh.

• Rubik unpinned this topic