[Official] Suggestions for the Server

TitsRP

What about a bigger downtown map?

We tried, it didn't work. We lasted about a week until everyone got bored and left.

A bigger downtown map would be awesome. 

The reason we lose so many players on a map change is just about everyone who plays DarkRP looks for this map since they have it downloaded and they know it.

I found one called rp_downtown_wise

I remember playing on this map before it is your basic downtown map but with its own spawn room, much more buildings and slightly bigger.

Don't get me wrong, there is a ton of really cool maps on the workshop it just really comes down to timing, player acceptance and possibly a large update following it to hype it up so more people would play on it. When we switched to evocity we went from 0 - 60 players within 5 minutes when it finally went live because there was so much hype surrounding it. The update itself wasn't bad, the reason why everyone left was because there was no safezone and you dropped 100% of your cash on death so as people were spawning in, they lost their money and weren't able to get to an ATM.

90% of all DarkRP server's run down downtown v2 with a few exceptions such as evocity, some starwars maps and ect. Sure we could branch out and try it again and be optimistic saying the 13th time is the charm but I am not ready for that and neither is the community

Make it so users with maybe 3+ stars on the fourm can comment on mod apps, as me for example, I know and talk to most people on the server and I believe my opinion, along with others who put a lot of time into the server, would and should be valued accordingly. Or, make it so you can just give certain people who you know and trust perms to comment on the apps.

I was wondering, if opening another server slot was still an option?

I had a response typed out to this and was 50 / 50 on posting it. Bottom line is that doing that would divide the community. When I was posting yesterday I was going on saying how only 12 / 67 players on the server were people I would consider in the community. It would just mean that 8 - 9 of those people would constantly be on the other server with the new map or it would be an uproar where all of the people playing on that map would try to get everyone else on that server.

I would just wait, at some point it will be good to try again but not right now.

Make it so users with maybe 3+ stars on the fourm can comment on mod apps, as me for example, I know and talk to most people on the server and I believe my opinion, along with others who put a lot of time into the server, would and should be valued accordingly. Or, make it so you can just give certain people who you know and trust perms to comment on the apps.

Probably not a bad idea, I can check on that

Suggestion: If you deal damage to someone. You are unable to use master sword (mainly)/lightsaber for 10 seconds.

Bump

So you are saying that:

Attacker damages Anal

Attacker cannot use mastersword for 10 seconds?

10 seconds is a long time, put a stopwatch on your phone and watch it for 10 seconds.

I just think we maybe should discuss punishments for mastersword/speed swep abuse.

Suggestion: If you deal damage to someone. You are unable to use master sword (mainly)/lightsaber for 10 seconds.

Bump

I am sorry, but no (-1)

That is also saying don't use any swep that gives you a advantage in movement speed…

I don't think this is necessary because I never hear anyone complain about this…

Especially people that have a hit on player x...

Plus these things don't change the outcome of raids…

The cp has non-lethal or they can kill them…

If anything...

The cp non-lethal also removes the function of these sweps, but I don't think this is necessary...

(Basically remove the ability to jump)

Lastly if you are talking about people that are want/have a bounty/ect and they're are flying around the map…

Get good m&

Honestly Sugar a new map would be great,not saying like some random ass map no one has downloaded and has never heard of,but from my point of view it would be so hard coming up with decent ideas for jobs,etc with such a small,standard map.

I mean 70 player slots its a huge amount for normal downtown,every time im in the streets,i find myself,or other people screaming"MOVE GET OUT OF THE WAY" and stuff like that witch really shows how crowded it is,not only with 60-70 people on at once,but cars driving,pianos in the middle of the street,etc.

Player base to be honest really would be a huge issue,i saw a user with 2000 dollars join the server yesterday and said quote"OH FUCK ITS THIS SERVER,I LOVE THIS SERVER"

And lets be honest,there are a ton of community that would definitely come on regularly,and im sure lots of other people who come on occasionally would come on because it presents a new experience.

Im also 100% sure you would be so overloaded with new ideas in a new map,you wouldn't know what to do first.

And hey,you can always switch it back.

• Rubik unpinned this topic