[Official] Suggestions for the Server

TitsRP

Like I said, give me the money to start up a second server. Everything we have is in SQL so you wouldn't lose anything. If the playerbase never picks up in a month then so be it. If it kicks off and lives then I will pay you back your investment.

Lol... Gm_fork. Probably one of the worst maps you could've chosen for a map change. That's actually worse than picking some janky downtown variant.

I remember when I wanted a map change and didn't understand how it killed the playerbase, but then I actually tried a map change for myself. I went from getting 50+ players a day to getting about 10 players at peak hours. When I switched it back to downtown the playerbase came right back like it never happened. 

For some reason, the gmod community hates change and a map change would be impossible for most gmod servers out there.

learn how to fucking snip - ghostly

In My Opinion A Map Change Is Much Needed, All Reasons are very valid and true

Ok As Much as All of the people who have a forum account would love to get a new map over the shit map known as downtown rp_v4 or (or whatever the current map is called). I think we can all agree that we want a new map however even though the forum users want a new map that doesn't mean the newbies want a new map and this is what I mean; the forum users are the like 10-20% of the current players on the server meanwhile the rest is newbs that are just starting out and want to play on the current map cause its probably what they know best since most servers and youtube videos feature the current map. so even though the 20% of forum users would be playing, we would prob lose about 60% of the servers playerbase from the newbs that don't wanna learn a new map. Now I hate the current map but the only solution I see is finding a better version of the current map or accepting sugar's offer of giving him the money to run another server with a different map (if you do this your should probably go with evilmelon cause its basically like a big extention to the current map so its somewhat similar so the newbs wont have that hard of a time learning it) and if it doensnt die in a month then he said he would refund you and keep that server up. he also said everything would transfer too. so yea I hope this sums everything up until the next suggestion for a map change comes up. And speaking of another version of the current map, I'm gonna try to find one that isn't too different but is overall much better so i'll keep an eye out for one and post it later on the forums.

This is why we will never change to gm_fork:

78966E10CAF6CE82DC247D7B9DBD4CEB19ECEB4C

learn how to fucking spoiler - ghostly

That net graph was with only 6 bots on, map was running meh before that. It also has a shit ton of optimizations and server crash exploits. As cool as this map might be, it will never happen. (Yes, it was running at 2fps, that's why I couldn't finish the net graph)

Yeah, I'm not running a potato either. I have a GTX 960, 8GB of VRam, 16GB of RAM and an Intel -i5-4460 Quad Core at 3.2GHz

What you guys don't understand about a map change is, there are only 3 options for a map if you want to kind of have a playerbase (because any map change kills your playerbase). You can either run evo city v33x which requires 70+ people on the server to effectively use that map, you can run evil melon which will  cause the server to have about 5-10 people on at peak hours, or you can keep the current map and keep your entire playerbase. Any other maps besides the ones that I just listed, is a bad idea and will kill your playerbase down to a point where you will average 1-2 people at peak hours.

Suggesting "similar downtown variants" is such a bad idea... like a really really really bad idea. 

I once started a thread on a map change that got 4 or 5 pages of comments, and I wanted that map change BAD. I would bug sugar to death on a map change. But now I understand why a map change is such a bad idea. 

So stop suggesting map changes, it will NEVER happen.

"the map is called gm_fork"

I'm so sorry for you unexperienced motherfuckers who think this is a good idea.

In the time i was gone from this community I was Head Gamemaster for Axiom Gamer's Serious HaloRP and this map is literal trash.

1. over 90% of the buildings are not enterable.

There are 2 warehouses, an office trailer at the crane, 1 room bunker on the mountain, the factory, the tunnel at factory, garage at the factory, the hangar at airfield, gas station, gas station garage, and the house by the gas, the family tomb that attaches to the train tunnel storage room, and that's pretty much fucking it. We could not sustain our current roleplay style and population.

2. I would say Poorly Optimized but it's not even that, the creator didn't care about optimization. 

In single-player I get 40 FPS while looking across the map, in multiplayer with scripts and other players good luck getting 20. On downtown in single-player I get a solid 300 fps.

3. Large parts of the map are 1 prop stuck together and can be grabbed to crash the server if done right.

I will show you some of these props with the color tool.

[video=youtube]

NOTE; I do not agree with map changes, however, opening a 2nd server with a different map to see what the possibilities are is okay with me.

GUYS I FOUND A SOLUTION. if we cant have a new map then why not an updated version of the one we have.

This is downtown rp altered. It contains the ORGINAL MAP so newbs wont leave.

It has an actual bank, bigger pd, and its got a cooler cinema.

there is also a 2 parking lots for cars and more ways of getting around.

there is a cool lake for maybe a monster job and a hunter job? who knows.

also there is a church for the preacher to fuck around with.

SUGAR PLZ MAKE THIS A THING FOR THE SAKE OF A NEW MAP.

The map would need to be fixed for some thing like where to put vendors or where to put the spawn boundries and shit but other than that its beautiful, guys lemme know what u think.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=399430598&searchtext=downtown

A larger variant of downtown? We have cars now and the version we have now is perfect for about 25 and i feel we need more person space.

I looked at about 15 different maps and these are some that I recommend.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280017597

This is V6 of downtown, It's more open, about half the map is the same(underground is exactly the same). It also has a amazing 2 floor admin area where they can see out but no one can see  in and a door that sends people out.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=399430598

This is Downtown_altered The map has the same layout, no new large areas except for a garage that is attached to the PD and a beach added near spawn. Some blank areas were filled in with buildings and alot of the buildings are changed. The Slums area and the 2 area connecting to it are exactly the same and the underground no longer exists. There is a room and a building under the map, the room looks like a fance garage and the building looks like a fance ball room, might be for admins?

to the last two suggestion, i suggested that map awhile back

• Rubik unpinned this topic