Class weapons in weapon checks

7aman

By this logic laws that make weapons aos should be considered closer to what I would call targetting all jobs. Owning a weapon without a license is by default an illegal activity according to the motd so really the only thing the mayor is stating with that law is cp can go ahead and weapon check people for guns and take them if they have them. It's not really an issue

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 7aman said:

It's not that its hard to differentiate, but that you are sometimes basically AOS as certain jobs and cant do anything about it.

It's only AOS if you're holding the gun out, which makes you a moron if you complain. Otherwise they have to get near you, weapon check you, then try to cuff you or autowant you. You can do something at any of those points to avoid arrest, like walking away or shooting them. And your firearms are illegal with or without a mayor.

32 minutes ago, Walter the Assaulter said:

It's only AOS if you're holding the gun out, which makes you a moron if you complain. Otherwise they have to get near you, weapon check you, then try to cuff you or autowant you. You can do something at any of those points to avoid arrest, like walking away or shooting them. And your firearms are illegal with or without a mayor.

What I'm complaining about is the ability to randomly arrest almost anyone, anywhere, at any time, even though the person in question did not actively break a law. And most of the times I got weapon checked and arrested were times I wasn't paying attention to a person following me or was busy talking, using the toolgun, checking my inventory, etc. (They always searched me from behind).

And there's nothing a person can do when stungunned from behind other than pulling out a movement swep and trying to move at 0.1 sensitivity (unless I'm unaware of a certain perk / consumable that negates or downplays the effects of nonlethal

44 minutes ago, 7aman said:

And there's nothing a person can do when stungunned from behind other than pulling out a movement swep and trying to move at 0.1 sensitivity (unless I'm unaware of a certain perk / consumable that negates or downplays the effects of nonlethal

people cannot mastsr sword/jetpack while stunned and you can use the dpi button on your mouse to turn faster

2 hours ago, 7aman said:

What I'm complaining about is the ability to randomly arrest almost anyone, anywhere, at any time, even though the person in question did not actively break a law. And most of the times I got weapon checked and arrested were times I wasn't paying attention to a person following me or was busy talking, using the toolgun, checking my inventory, etc. (They always searched me from behind).

Carrying a weapon is actively breaking a law. A default law.

When I was online earlier I had a gun on me at all times and didn't get arrested once in the ~1.5 hours I was on., only fined for my bounty. Don't stand still out in public in front of cops if you're breaking the law man, no wonder you're getting arrested.

Edited by Walter the Assaulter

Weren't CC's supposed to spawn with a license? IK OP is talking about all jobs with guns, but it reminded me that cc's dont spawn with licenses, and I thought I remembered someone saying something about it.

9 hours ago, Walter the Assaulter said:

It's only AOS if you're holding the gun out

Random weapon checks are legal law + All weaponry is a 5k fine or aos law=profit???

• Failfish 1

8 hours ago, Fuel said:

people cannot mastsr sword/jetpack while stunned and you can use the dpi button on your mouse to turn faster

So now I'm supposed to buy a mouse with a dpi button to be able to play against cps?

6 hours ago, Walter the Assaulter said:

Carrying a weapon is actively breaking a law. A default law.

When I was online earlier I had a gun on me at all times and didn't get arrested once in the ~1.5 hours I was on., only fined for my bounty. Don't stand still out in public in front of cops if you're breaking the law man, no wonder you're getting arrested.

Default laws don't ban weapons though? I'm complaining about how the pairing up of "random weapon checks are allowed" and starter weapons being illegal makes you AOS if the mayor refuses to give you a license

• Failfish 1

And having to basically act like you're in lockdown the entire time you play as a job seems pretty unfun. And even if you switch, most of the laws dictator mayors put up ruin the fun you can have as a lot of jobs.