Disconnect Timed Out

KexZiii

11 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Do you have our workshop installed? Is your internet bad? Are you playing on a low spec PC? These things can greatly affect how quickly you get in. 

i do have the workshop my internet is 21 ping ms, 26.61 dl, and 34.91 ul. im using a low end laptop yes but ive played with it on the server in the past i used to go by Grxm or Primitive. everything loads and finishes downloading but when its at the last stage of lua it says Disconnected. [ name ] timed out. 

5 minutes ago, KexZiii said:

i do have the workshop my internet is 21 ping ms, 26.61 dl, and 34.91 ul. im using a low end laptop yes but ive played with it on the server in the past i used to go by Grxm or Primitive. everything loads and finishes downloading but when its at the last stage of lua it says Disconnected. [ name ] timed out. 

I know for me personally, when the server is at high activity (100+) i time out the first time, but I don't really have a solid answer for you here.  Server is currently at 50ish players, you should be getting in smoothly, even on a low end laptop. Only option I can give you is a full reinstall of gmod and your mods, the more mods you have the slower your games run, so if you got 30 pages of mods I'd try doing a clean up on that aswell. This should be a last resort though, so I'd wait until you get someone a little more educated on how the insides of gmod work.

Edited by Blue.

2 minutes ago, Blue. said:

I know for me personally, when the server is at high activity (100+) i time out the first time, but I don't really have a solid answer for you here.  Server is currently at 50ish players, you should be getting in smoothly, even on a low end laptop. Only option I can give you is a full reinstall of gmod and your mods, the more mods you have the slower your games run, so if you got 30 pages of mods I'd try doing a clean up on that aswell. This should be a last resort though, so I'd wait until you get someone a little more educated on how the insides of gmod work.

yeahh here's the thing I already uninstalled my mods all I have is rp downtown tits v2 and the stuff I download to join the server, I've tried deleting and reinstalling gmod, I've verified integrity, I've lowered graphics and resolution, I've tried using the 86-64 beta version, and even used the factory reset in the garrys mod program files 86 folder nothing seems to work and all I'm tryna do is run a dispensary and have some laughs shits irritating been trying to fix this for 2 days now 

• f 1

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

Try this.. No guarantees but it's worth a shot.

In the main menu click Options --> Multiplayer --> Set the drop-down menu to "Do not download any custom files" or "Only download map files". Then, make sure you're subscribed to our Workshop Collection and try reconnecting. 

alrighty