Balance changes.

Tuss

1 hour ago, Dan Mcstubbins said:

Honestly, I agree. When the majority of people use AS Val and pump shotgun, you know something is wrong with the meta. 

I don’t think the solution is adding more weapons or nerfing the dps.

Buff bad weapons. The only weapons I ever use is pump, SL8, AWP, and sometimes P90 if I feel like goofing around. Double pump needs to not be a thing, adding a small switch cooldown as suggested earlier is a great idea.

If we just tone down the VAL something else will be the best gun, we've done it before. The AMD from back in the day comes to mind. 

On 8/23/2020 at 8:19 PM, HIDDEN said:

While in a perfect world all the guns would be equally viable, that isn't realistic, viable and potentially wouldn't even be fun. My idea would be to take a page out of CS:GO's book (though I don't play that game competitively or anything) and instead of balancing weapons to be good at everything, design each weapon with a niche and a very specific purpose, for example make pistols and shotguns better at close range but have a sharp damage fall-off at longer distances, where-as have snipers and long-range rifles like the winchester be better at longer ranges but have a hard time effectively neutralizing close-up "in your face" targets.

My ideas to help with this would be to make the gun play more difficult by having a more unforgiving spread, recoil, fire-rate and damage falloff while rewarding the players who take the time to master their guns specific niche against other guns.

I am a strong believer that whatever is currently "OP" is usually (not always) what the large majority is doing, so if we can create a system of 90+ rock paper scissors where the best guns have cheap hard counters and vice-versa can help create a sense of complexity and "balance".

I also think you should have the option to hide custom models/weapons to make it easier to pinpoint what the heck your opponent is actually using against you.

i feel like everything here could be a viable option except the recoil/spread. that shit is bad enough already

On 8/25/2020 at 9:41 AM, 15g of lasagna said:

i feel like everything here could be a viable option except the recoil/spread. that shit is bad enough already

for example, i’ve died many times to bullshit rng like ‘bloom’ idfk what the actual name of it is, but that’s what everyone else calls it

There is just too many guns to keep balanced. I'd rather have a quarter of the guns that the server does right now, if it meant all of them being useful and relevant in their own niche because lets face it, the majority of guns fill the the exact same role as other guns which just have objectively better stats, making there no real reason to use 50% of the weapons on the server. Hit reg with snipers seems fucked to me too, but that just may be because I live in Australia and have bad ping. But seriously, there are so many guns that literally go unused by even the shittiest of players. It's nothing but addon bloat at this point. To avoid the issue of weapon choice being a mile wide and an inch deep I really think the amount of weapons should be culled so that more careful attention can be paid to balancing them. It's unreasonable to expect the devs to be able to keep 100+ guns in perfect balance with eachother.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 12:46 PM, PENIS RETARD 69 said:

There is just too many guns to keep balanced. I'd rather have a quarter of the guns that the server does right now, if it meant all of them being useful and relevant in their own niche because lets face it, the majority of guns fill the the exact same role as other guns which just have objectively better stats, making there no real reason to use 50% of the weapons on the server. Hit reg with snipers seems fucked to me too, but that just may be because I live in Australia and have bad ping. But seriously, there are so many guns that literally go unused by even the shittiest of players. It's nothing but addon bloat at this point. To avoid the issue of weapon choice being a mile wide and an inch deep I really think the amount of weapons should be culled so that more careful attention can be paid to balancing them. It's unreasonable to expect the devs to be able to keep 100+ guns in perfect balance with eachother.

hitreg is fucked