RDMing Prisoners

Timezone

hecko everyone, Warren here.

Since I joined the server I've always wondered why Police are allowed to just kill prisoners en-mass. 

I understand that the prisoners dont actually lose anything and its more of a slight annoyance for the prisoner than an actual problem for the server.

However, I feel like this should only be allowed if it's made legal by a mayor. This would add some good RP reasoning behind it. I also don't see anywhere in the rules

that jailed prisoners can be killed repeatedly. Maybe I missed it or maybe its something thats not explicitly written down.

As the rules stand - 

Normally without a mayor being past the second doors in the PD is considered AOS.

You do not have to advert a PD raid if you go in without harming an officer.

So if someone wanted to infiltrate the jails and act as a prisoner to either hack or release other prisoners they stand a chance of being rdmed by an officer who is under the impression that they can walk into the jail cells and mow down anyone in it with no laws or discrimination between actual convicted prisoners and someone actively committing a crime (Trespassing).

I feel like if we just make it so that only the Mayor can make jail cells KOS as a law things would be a little better.

*Preparing for the "Don't get arrested then." comments*

I had previously made a thread (Now deleted because I saw this one) about how killing prisoners was generally accepted. My friend and I had infiltrated the PD as hackers and were playing prisoner in the jail cells. A cop comes in, locks all the cells, and kills us without even thinking if we were arrested or not. This makes the scenario seem like it wasn't RDM but it killed us and we lost stuff because of it when they didn't bother to check if we were actually arrested or had any items.

If you are unlocking doors and breaking in, you are raiding the PD and killing you would not be RDM.

If all the doors are already unlocked and you just walked in there, your argued case is a valid one since it's simple trespass.

In general, you can /demote CP for police brutality or complain to the mayor if it's not part of the mayor's laws that non-CP in PD is KOS or that prisoners can be executed.

In general, you can /demote CP for police brutality or complain to the mayor if it's not part of the mayor's laws that non-CP in PD is KOS or that prisoners can be executed.

What he said here is a basic vengeance fulfilling solution, if someones killing you, either unfun them if its the mayor, or vote /demote them if they're a CP

Aah, I see. So under this rule

"The following 2 actions are allowed without adverting PD raid, so long as you do not engage anyone without them engaging you first (or warning them properly): Jail-breaking and Hackers hacking any of the PD panels, including the one in the Mayor's office. Anything involving breaking through a prop or a fading door is not allowed under this rule and will be considering PD raiding without an advert."

Does breaking through a prop/fading door include lockpicking world entities like PD Doors?

How does one jailbreak without lockpicking at least 1 door? :o Are you supposed to get lucky or hope all the door and the cells are unlocked? Coming up through the sewers requires breaking 2 vents, do those count as breaking through a prop? I can see trying to RP your way in there and whipping out an unarrest baton if the cop isnt wise enough and opens the doors for you.

It could very well just be my lack of understanding as I am still relatively new.

I'm not looking to nitpick or anything but I'll fully admit that I have gone into the PD through the sewers, picked the cells, and unarrested people when police were reeeally cracking down. Should I have adverted a raid since I was lockpicking/broke vents and would I only be allowed in the PD for the duration of the raid timer?

I know this is starting to stray from the original topic but I sincerely appreciate everyone's time and response. There are a lot of rules and they're really solid but it is a lot to take in and there are small nuances that can stir up some trouble. 

Regardless, I would like to hear some more peoples opinion on the original topic. <3

How does one jailbreak without lockpicking at least 1 door? :o Are you supposed to get lucky or hope all the door and the cells are unlocked? Coming up through the sewers requires breaking 2 vents, do those count as breaking through a prop? I can see trying to RP your way in there and whipping out an unarrest baton if the cop isnt wise enough and opens the doors for you.

I do believe that it is not considered raiding since the vent is a breakable prop with even bullets so that wouldn't count. I think what he meant was that you can't use Breaching charges/lockpicks on doors or use blowtorches to destroy base props incase someone has a PD base up.

The rule states you can't break through a players prop if you are going to jailbreak, or go to one of the panels. You are obviously allowed to pick the doors open, but you have the chance of being caught. Yes, lock-picking is technically raiding, but ONLY in this situation, it's alright. This is a fun way to silently break your mates out of jail, or hack the mayor out of office. Simple counter: put up props, and actually base in PD as mayor. 

As for your original point, killing prisoners has been brought up so many times. We allow it as a gateway to roleplay. If you see a CP doing this, then call a vote to demote, or RP with the mayor for a swift sacking. This might also be something to bring up in the next meeting.