headshot multiplier is fucked

Wilhelm Panderino

Hmm. That's strange. I would believe that the headshot damage is calculated based on the base damage multiplied by some constant. I would be surprised if it was hard-coded.

Does it only affect the base deagle, or reskins of it too?

Hmm. That's strange. I would believe that the headshot damage is calculated based on the base damage multiplied by some constant. I would be surprised if it was hard-coded.

Does it only affect the base deagle, or reskins of it too?

reskins too. it seems intermittent. i shot a buddy in the head with a normal AR. it took him down to 78 with no armor, i shot him again in the head and it took him to 2 HP. Something is fucked, this only works if the model has a headshot hitbox. And from what i remember they removed headshot multipliers for the deagle and snipers a long time ago

Headshot damage is 2.5x the initial damage of the gun, this is how its always been and it has always been fucked up. Some models dont even have headshot hitboxes. If it was up to me i would just remove headshot damage multiplier. 

Headshot damage is 2.5x the initial damage of the gun, this is how its always been and it has always been fucked up. Some models dont even have headshot hitboxes. If it was up to me i would just remove headshot damage multiplier. 

no this is not how its always been. you havent been able to one tap with an awp for at least a year. One shot from a deagle has NEVER done almost 190 damage with a headshot. But deagles and snipers used to not have a headshot multiplier so i think something messed up. But by this logic of 2.5 x the deagle should do 150 with a headshot (which hasnt been the case for a very long time) but it does closer to 190.

I dont think it should be removed but possible a percent chance to get a 2x headshot or something to still have an incentive to get headshots. No headshots means less of a skill gap

• 4 weeks later...

Inconsistencies are there because a long time ago, pistols were buffed to do an extra 1.25x damage to the head. This was to give pistols some uniqueness. So if you shot someone in the head it would do 1.25x damage + the 1.25x damage for being a pistol. I will adjust the base headshot damage but imma keep the pistol headshot damage