Fake arrest baton. (Make Mayor's Assassin Great Again)

Hoopajoop

you're glancing over the fact that the arrest baton is the ONLY way to check for the mayors assassin. Like I said, it used to be cuff checks then they added fake cuffs. You can't have fake everything. If there weren't fake cuffs already, I'd be completely for this. But with the cuffs, its a big -1 to add fake arrest batons as well.

No, that's the only thing left to find out who the mayors assassian is.

kinda the point of the suggestion

i addressed that bit already-- haven't glanced anything over

mayor's assassin should be able to get in undetected

secret service/cp/swat should be able to protect the mayor in the event of an assassination attempt

otherwise there's practically no difference between mayor's assassin and a lone pd raider that's chugged a CP model potion

we already have fake cuffs and unarrest batons

useless items that don't work for heck

Either get sneakier as an assassin

great advice, i'll be sure to parrot "git gud" next time a string of assassins get assfucked the instant they step into pd without an arrest baton out

be a better revolter.

we're not talking about revolts, we're talking about a useless job

Imma just end this circle jerk with a -1

ok

+1 would give secret service job an actual purpose and mayor's assassin wouldn't have 0.000001% chance of sneaking into the pd. Isn't the point of the mayor's assassin to stealth into the pd and kill the mayor? How it currently is if you are the mayor's assassin and you want to actually have a chance at killing mayor against a cp force that actually knows mayor's assassin exists the only way you're going to kill the mayor is a full on pd raid, there's nothing stealthy about that and at that point you might as well just use a better class to raid.

I think there should be a way to identify the mayors assassin.  With a fake arrest baton, the assassin could go right next to the mayor, quickly pull and gun and kill them instantly.  Even if every Secret Service role is filled, no one could stop the assassination. It would be too easy.

EDIT:  One thing that would help the Mayor's Assassin be more useful would be to allow the player to choose their CP model.

I think there should be a way to identify the mayors assassin.  With a fake arrest baton, the assassin could go right next to the mayor, quickly pull and gun and kill them instantly.  Even if every Secret Service role is filled, no one could stop the assassination. It would be too easy.

a wary mayor with full health and armor isn't likely to go down instantly-- and players can get creative with whether or not they want to AoS/kos non-secret service with a gun out near the mayor.

any method of preemptive detection will just lead back to square one of the mayor's assassin being basically useless

This is completely out of the question man the whole point to tell fi its the assasin is " show me your arrest baton" for clarification if he is or not. I mean think about it hey show me your arrest baton shows it kills the mayor. 100% pointless suggestion.It would ruin the role of the mayor and the assasin.

This is completely out of the question man

no u >:c

fr tho, what should be out of the question is a safe and free way of deleting a job with zero counterplay

the whole point to tell fi its the assasin is " show me your arrest baton" for clarification if he is or not

hint: this right here is a safe and free way of deleting the mayor's assassin with zero counterplay

I mean think about it hey show me your arrest baton shows it kills the mayor.

law: non-ss with guns out around mayor = kos

or

law: mayor's office is kos

or

to group: "hey guys that new cp is sketchy as fuck keep an eye on him"

or

to group: "next cp/swat i see picking his ass in PD instead of doing their job patrolling and enforcing laws is getting fired"

four things that took less than ten seconds to think of-- im sure the playerbase can come up with more

the point is, there are more options for protecting the mayor from assassins out there that don't get explored because big-brained os4JrCH.png "show me ur baton" in the PD lobby is essentially a -guaranteed- death sentence for an assassin.

100% pointless suggestion.It would ruin the role of the mayor and the assasin.

if you think taking away a 100% effective zero-counterplay hand-holding safety net gravy train that eliminates a job that exists for the sole purpose of being a threat to the mayor "ruins the role of the mayor", idk what to tell you

this could potentially breathe life into the never-played secret service job and give the assassin job something to do other than die at the first keypad