C4/explosives that can no collide/make props transparent

DasGooWan

I'm not 100% sure how C4 works on this server, but I think that the window in which it no collides/transparents props should be a lot shorter. 

My base was raided by someone using C4 and it basically made my whole base no-collide and transparent which would not revert back. I had to delete my base because my props stayed transparent for a long time. For those who do not have adv dupe because they are not VIP will have to rebuild their base from scratch because someone with a lot of money bought an overpowered raiding tool. I think the radius in which the c4 no collides/transparents props should be reduced to 1 prop.

pls fix :)

Before I finished reading this my response was going to be, "just use AdvDupe tool!" until I finished reading the rest & you made a very interesting point about the non-VIPs not being able to use this tool.

This gives a huge advantage to VIPs over regular users (something we don't necessarily want). I will be forwarding this thread to the other Admins & probably bringing this topic up in the next community meeting so we can discuss some changes.

Before I finished reading this my response was going to be, "just use AdvDupe tool!" until I finished reading the rest & you made a very interesting point about the non-VIPs not being able to use this tool.

This gives a huge advantage to VIPs over regular users (something we don't necessarily want). I will be forwarding this thread to the other Admins & probably bringing this topic up in the next community meeting so we can discuss some changes.

In my opinion the C4 explosive could no collide the prop, but maybe only for 20 seconds. because if a bunch of rich people buy c4 they essentially can get into every base and choose to walk in whenever they like. If they are only given a certain window to walk through there is more of a balance so that those who just joined the server have a chance to defend themselves.

It’s not that simple but I get where you’re coming from. C4 can be shot back out of a base and it’s risky using it in the first place because you have to peak for an extended amount of time to punt or place it. If you use one c4 and try to push into the base the props will fade before another can be used. If the raider were to use c4 back to back they would be exposing themself to be hit and the c4 could just be shot back out. Being able to shoot it was more of a recent nerf where as before it was completely unmovable without grav gunning it. I think c4 is balanced for big dupes but I can see how it is op against small bases that aren’t dupes. I’m not sure what could be done about c4 that would affect its uses on small bases and not big op bases.

Well the time is about 5 minutes (from my understanding as it is with blowtorches) we do have a 1 prop c4 which is the makeshift timebomb. Now going from the idea of small bases. Let them be your friend. Fill them fuckers up with props and let what ever dumbass enter at will. (Basically what I’m saying is add more props to counter act the C4 being op and try using walls as a natural barrier for a passage way so you can add more props while also not breaking the rules)

It’s not that simple but I get where you’re coming from. C4 can be shot back out of a base and it’s risky using it in the first place because you have to peak for an extended amount of time to punt or place it. If you use one c4 and try to push into the base the props will fade before another can be used. If the raider were to use c4 back to back they would be exposing themself to be hit and the c4 could just be shot back out. Being able to shoot it was more of a recent nerf where as before it was completely unmovable without grav gunning it. I think c4 is balanced for big dupes but I can see how it is op against small bases that aren’t dupes. I’m not sure what could be done about c4 that would affect its uses on small bases and not big op bases.

I was not clear enough in my post, but I was talking about the c4 that is thrown and not planted. The players that raided my base were throwing c4 onto my props very quickly. It was not the CSS c4 that terrorists plant, its the one that's from COD.

Those are makeshift time bombs and they can be shot out of your base if you shoot them. Albeit it is hard to counter them I honestly feel as if it is ok for this to be a thing because it adds a state of progression within the server. After a bit of being bullied by the big boys you can then become the bully or even raid the big boys. Most of the people raiding with makeshift time bombs though have been on the server for a long time and also are pretty good at raiding. I would also suggest finding better places to base or even basing with other people and looking at other peoples bases that seem good. All in all though I feel as if the current state that raiding and basing is in is a very fair system.

Basing is a high risk high reward thing. Risking one death for a thing that makes millions in a few hours or in my case 3 million in an hour. Launching the C4/Timebombs allows for big base progression as Muffin said. To counter act this. There is a way to build a base. If you want my idea. You could always join the Discord and I’ll give a good building tip or just go more into depth of what I already said. But yeah we allow the launching and stuff so that basing is on an even playing field with raiding.