Gun Balance

Gent

A lot of people (Myself included) are aware alot of the current guns in the game are underwhelmingly weak. I'm pretty sure it's because a majority of these weapons were made with the idea in mind that the aim and spray pattern would be static. Take the auto sniper for example, before it was once one of the strongest guns! Now there's an uncontrollable recoil and pattern it's unusable unless you're preemptively a god with it. After the recoil update and the ADS update I feel like the balance of the weapons weren't taken into account and you were just making content, which isn't a bad thing. I definitely prefer it this way, but you should play around with the numbers a bit whether it's damage or firerate or adjust the recoil or revert the sights, something. Unless it's currently an SMG (high rpm) or high-powered rifle you can ADS and spray with, it's bad. Of course there should be some clearly dominant weapons but it's a majority of weapons when stacked up against one another that are just unusable. Although it might not be super pressing and immediately needing attention, it's something to look into! 

I hope one of these days I see a changelog with the title "Balance Update" Bc we sure do need one! 

Gimme a +1 or -1 if you agree/disagree. I asked around my friends and saw a few people in OOC complaining how some weapons were unusable that really pushed me to make this.

A major reason why weapons feel weak right now is due to the decreased tickrate of the server, it was lowered a bit two months or so ago and weapons since then haven't felt as strong. I definitely agree that some tweaking is long due, but I want to throw in my two cents and say that Sugar should find weapons that GD can spawn but CC's can't buy from the editor (or create a line of new guns that only the GD/supplier can spawn) and make those weapons strong. It will incentivize CC users to seek out a gun store where they can get an objectively better weapon for cheap. Not to mention these weapons will hold some market value.

There are dozens of CS:O weapons and many of them are simply reskins of CS:S weapons, I know there are already a few on the server but with how many there are that wouldn't really be an issue, would be cool if the GD/Supplier could spawn some of these weapons which would be more expensive but have better stats overall. (Would need restrictions like being un-enchantable)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229683363

• Like 1

but I want to throw in my two cents and say that Sugar should find weapons that GD can spawn but CC's can't buy from the editor (or create a line of new guns that only the GD/supplier can spawn) and make those weapons strong. It will incentivize CC users to seek out a gun store where they can get an objectively better weapon for cheap. Not to mention these weapons will hold some market value.

Honestly, a really good idea. This will give access to people without a CC to good guns.

I'd rather see most of the weapons removed and only have a select few. The variety in weapons is nice, but they are all practically just reskins of another weapon / just plain suck. When trying to buy a gun right now it's very confusing to know which one is better then the other, etc.

AKA, say cut each weapon type down by 30%, so remove 30% of the snipers, pistols, rifles, etc.

After that, make a "base set" of weapons that CC's can use that look normal such as the default CSS weapons. Then add the better / more varied weapons that a gun dealer can sell that are the other weapons, such as WZ 35, that can be considered side grades - aka the ( think it's a cc wep, but as an example) PPSH can be like the p90 that shoots faster, has a higher recoil and less ammo.

Guns that look unique like the M4 Howl, Awp Awsimov, Dark Knight, - should be conisdered the best tier, have them only drop from daily rewards / processor drops. Obviously not the best as in "999 ammo, 50 damage per shot, .01 fire rate, etc." 

I think doing something like this would be some convince people to base more often (not a lot of people do it) and go to the gun dealer more often.

Another big change which probably won't be liked...

Remove buying ammo from the F4 menu. Make it so gundealers / bmd / supplier sell the ammo. Make it so you can craft ammo into ammo boxes that you can pick up and put in your inventory as well.

Other then that, +1 - something about the guns needs to be changed.

I'd rather see most of the weapons removed and only have a select few. The variety in weapons is nice, but they are all practically just reskins of another weapon / just plain suck. When trying to buy a gun right now it's very confusing to know which one is better then the other, etc.

AKA, say cut each weapon type down by 30%, so remove 30% of the snipers, pistols, rifles, etc.

After that, make a "base set" of weapons that CC's can use that look normal such as the default CSS weapons. Then add the better / more varied weapons that a gun dealer can sell that are the other weapons, such as WZ 35, that can be considered side grades - aka the ( think it's a cc wep, but as an example) PPSH can be like the p90 that shoots faster, has a higher recoil and less ammo.

Guns that look unique like the M4 Howl, Awp Awsimov, Dark Knight, - should be conisdered the best tier, have them only drop from daily rewards / processor drops. Obviously not the best as in "999 ammo, 50 damage per shot, .01 fire rate, etc." 

I think doing something like this would be some convince people to base more often (not a lot of people do it) and go to the gun dealer more often.

Another big change which probably won't be liked...

Remove buying ammo from the F4 menu. Make it so gundealers / bmd / supplier sell the ammo. Make it so you can craft ammo into ammo boxes that you can pick up and put in your inventory as well.

Other then that, +1 - something about the guns needs to be changed.

Removing weapons isnt a good idea. It honestly shouldn't be too hard to balance everything. Maybe we should display stats when buying weapons? From GD or wherever else.

A major reason why weapons feel weak right now is due to the decreased tickrate of the server, it was lowered a bit two months or so ago and weapons since then haven't felt as strong. I definitely agree that some tweaking is long due, but I want to throw in my two cents and say that Sugar should find weapons that GD can spawn but CC's can't buy from the editor (or create a line of new guns that only the GD/supplier can spawn) and make those weapons strong. It will incentivize CC users to seek out a gun store where they can get an objectively better weapon for cheap. Not to mention these weapons will hold some market value.

There are dozens of CS:O weapons and many of them are simply reskins of CS:S weapons, I know there are already a few on the server but with how many there are that wouldn't really be an issue, would be cool if the GD/Supplier could spawn some of these weapons which would be more expensive but have better stats overall. (Would need restrictions like being un-enchantable)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229683363

I don't think my points listed above go with what you're saying here... but yes the tickrate is a factor on firerate, a big factor to what guns are good or not. Don't disagree nor agree. Sugar just needs to take into account he made these updates without adjusting numbers, and any gun that was made to not have much of a recoil suddenly gets one, it turns bad.