Nerfing C4/Timebombs? Making server more noob friendly?

TTV/SlayerProductions

Personally I think C4's and timebombs are fine. Anyone can craft timebombs, and raiding really good bases can be hard without C4 *cough* Bunziix *cough*. If a player gets raided by someone with C4, then I think it would compell them to build better bases and learn how to play on the server and the best way to make money and build. Timebombs can also be used by new players and if they ragequit over one raid, then playing on the server will be quite difficult because you get raided every 10 seconds no matter who you are. Also I almost never need to use C4/Timebombs on new players bases because they are too easy to raid anyway.

I would like to think that people would want to build better bases but theres the rich that are saying buy their dupes for millions of rp money... like ...

There's an efficient way to make cash on this server, yet most people don't want to do it cause it might seem 'boring' Chopping wood/mining ore is a straightforward way to earn some good cash. Each piece of wood/ore goes for $315 at the General buyer, meaning you can make a good profit over ther tools required to mine and chop costing $250.

This may be the case but why even have gun dealer and black market dealer at this point? Just put 3 slots on, "The Supplier" because all I see them being used for is self supplying for the noobs to just MRDM.

He has a point, but just build a better base, but at the same time you have people who will spam nothing but mat nades/bombs with c4 and stuff, but it just isnt juan person and even the best bases have a hard time with the spam and you have some people who will after a raid sit outside the base and wait for the dupe to be removed and replaced or constantly raid the same base over and over again. Improving and getting closer, but at the same time I can sit in my cinema base all day and defend it easily with my dupe. It all comes down to who is going to spam that shit and or who is doing the raiding. Maybe instead of raiding forcing a cool down time on using said materials like 5 minutes for using juan c4 or mat nade, instead of nerfing it

Sounds like a cool thought!

Other threads that could be put together with this one.

Kill Cam Thread < < Click

Keypad Cracker Thread < < Click

C4's are fine how they are imo, why are you going to debuff C4's and make them easier to make/make them have a lower radius etc? Just so your base can be raided easier/can be unraidable? If u made C4's easier for noobs to get then everyone would have buttloads of them, and if u debuffed them then ur making that OP base dupe that everyone has much better. 

If you want don't want to get raided by people using C4 then

• First get a good dupe, Don't be rocking that 1 fading door dupe that you made as a noob when you first joined the server. Either learn how to build correctly or buy one! You should also find a good spot, not a small spot that is one C4 and not too big or a base with too many entrances, those are hard to defend.
  • Secondly, this sounds like a cheeky & noob tactic but get a legendary gun, I honestly hate it when people use the weapon me up gang perk and sit in there base with the legendary gun and just spray and pray but I mean that's how you don't get raided.

• Lastly, get some friends! For some it might be hard and some might be easy, from asking someone on the streets if they want to base to pming someone on your steam friends list if that want to play some Garry's Mod and from there they can watch ur base, or can go raiding and bring some printers

But if you are raiding then just get to know each dupe, if you know how to get in then you should know where to put the C4s etc!

GoodLuck!

wtf did i just write this is hecka cringey 

C4's are fine how they are imo, why are you going to debuff C4's and make them easier to make/make them have a lower radius etc? Just so your base can be raided easier/can be unraidable? If u made C4's easier for noobs to get then everyone would have buttloads of them, and if u debuffed them then ur making that OP base dupe that everyone has much better. 

If you want don't want to get raided by people using C4 then

• First get a good dupe, Don't be rocking that 1 fading door dupe that you made as a noob when you first joined the server. Either learn how to build correctly or buy one! You should also find a good spot, not a small spot that is one C4 and not too big or a base with too many entrances, those are hard to defend.
  • Secondly, this sounds like a cheeky & noob tactic but get a legendary gun, I honestly hate it when people use the weapon me up gang perk and sit in there base with the legendary gun and just spray and pray but I mean that's how you don't get raided.

• Lastly, get some friends! For some it might be hard and some might be easy, from asking someone on the streets if they want to base to pming someone on your steam friends list if that want to play some Garry's Mod and from there they can watch ur base, or can go raiding and bring some printers

But if you are raiding then just get to know each dupe, if you know how to get in then you should know where to put the C4s etc!

GoodLuck!

wtf did i just write this is hecka cringey 

"You should also find a good spot"

This wasn't cringey at all... but this was very eye opening to this specific topic that I'm talking about. What is the point in basing if there's only like 5 good locations to base? The 2 Warehouses. Underground base. And Cinema and Residential with the backyard. Those locations are all usually taken. By now it may just seem that I'm trying to argue with everyone that replies to this thread. But I feel like there should be more available/good places to base. Cause at this point literally all the rich people. Are basically handing out base dupes to everyone. Who knows maybe by a month or two everyone will be familiar with each dupe because there's such little diversity of areas that you can build a decent base in.

I agree with piklas... Nerfing c4/timebombs only helps the big boy bases. The more well known players and older players that know what they're doing. If you wanna make it more "noob" friendly... Basing rules are gonna have to be edited.

To be honest, getting rid of one way fences may be the way to go.

I certainly wouldnt be opposed to doing away with this crutch.

This is why before I raid a base I always check to see how much money the base owner has. If they don't have at least 1.5mil I don't raid. We used to have a rule saying that ccs aren't allowed to raid new players. If sugar could make it apparent for non-staff that a player is new (non-staff can't see others' money) then this would be a good solution.

There's an efficient way to make cash on this server, yet most people don't want to do it cause it might seem 'boring' Chopping wood/mining ore is a straightforward way to earn some good cash. Each piece of wood/ore goes for $315 at the General buyer, meaning you can make a good profit over ther tools required to mine and chop costing $250.

That doesn't 100% pretain to the balance of c4 and timebombs.

Imo nerfing tiembombs and c4 will basically only help the big bases more than they help new players, having a base that is already hard to raid for most people and then these tools getting nerfed would make the rich richer so to speak. If you think about it getting into raiding doesn't require that much time invested for a few timebombs and guns, what sewer lord said that if people are going to spend 150k+ on raiding a new playerrs base with a printer inside they could go and farm some other way to get money and start raiding.

Also yes, this ^^^