Sit CountSo

Cullen

I wanted to make a Discussion thread about mainly about the subject of "sit count"  This is more of a staff thread, but I wanted T-Mods and regulars to see because they are somewhere in the equation.

This thread is going to be talking about:

• Does the amount of sit you take as a staff member really matter, if so please explain?
  • Does the amount of sits you take are equivalent towards the type of sits you take. (Basically, I am talking about a RDM sit vs. A sit about this guy Fading Door Abusing)

I've been playing this server for close to a year and recently I decided to go through all my old threads and just read them to show how ignorant I am towards the server.

However...

I saw a similar theme in all the threads......

Basically, I saw that I've been always getting yelled at because I don't do enough sits or I use no-clip wayyyyyyyyyy to much.  I am not going to lie, I was really ignorant at that time and realize after that you don't need noclip to become a successful staff member.

Sugar quoted on a post, "Also I have more activity than you. I have 167 claimed sits compared to your 97."  This is a recent post and I am not going to tell you guys were it is, but just note that Sugar did quote that.  All I am trying to say is that, does this actually matter?

Now I will admit, sometime I jump on the server and when I am active I either run around the map with my speed swep or claim sits and ban people, but when I am inactive -> I am most likely AFK somewhere in the map or not on the server.

Now enough about me and let us get back to the main topic, which is about amount of sit claimed.

I want to believe on this "Perfect" server that sit count shouldn't matter, until the server is in dire need for staff.  I could literally claim every sit, but would that make me a godly staff member?  The answer to this question is no because I cannot be at two places at once.

Before I let people talk about this subject and start to talk smack about how certain someone isn't taking sits at all.  

I just want to talk about the rules for this thread.  

• If you have nothing to say about this topic, then don't write in the comments.  That will result in a warn... 
  • If you have something to say, keep names out of the topic.  That will result in a warn or worst (Depending on the subject)....

It's more over quality rather than quantity but that doesn't mean that if Staff Member A has 30 sits compared to Staff Member B which has 120 sits. The number of sits shouldn't matter but it's a good way to define how active you are while on the server. There is also a lot of variables that come into play that

If you are at your computer playing on the server for 8 hours and you rack up 10 sits overall compared to the mod who has been on the server for 2 hours and has 20 sits then in my mind, the mod with 20 sits is more active and which can mean they are a lot better than the mod with only 10 sits.

There are / were some mods that took every sit in the book but they didn't actually handle them well. They made wrong decisions, they didn't know the rules, they banned and kicked people falsely. These are the mods that of course represent quantity over quality. But you also know those mods are bad because they get reported, complained about and usually when someone calls for an admin they will say "NOT X MOD"

Now the majority of the time, that statement is true. The more sits you claim the better you are perceived. You were not picked to be a mod to sit around and take sits that can change the server from chaos to peaceful again. If you took every sit in the book and you handled them well then yes that would make you a godly staff member. That is how people are promoted from a mod to an admin. If you put in the work then of course you will be promoted. You don't get promoted for playing sometimes and doing some sits and getting in trouble sometimes.

You are a mod solely for protect the server from minges, rule breakers and ect. Sure, you're a player and you should play the game but when you take playing the game over being a staff member then you shouldn't be a staff member.

Do sit counts matter? Kinda. It's better to tie it into active playtime though along with a sit count. Should sit counts matter? No but if you have staff constantly sitting there and doing nothing then you need a number to reference.

It's more over quality rather than quantity but that doesn't mean that if Staff Member A has 30 sits compared to Staff Member B which has 120 sits. The number of sits shouldn't matter but it's a good way to define how active you are while on the server. There is also a lot of variables that come into play that

If you are at your computer playing on the server for 8 hours and you rack up 10 sits overall compared to the mod who has been on the server for 2 hours and has 20 sits then in my mind, the mod with 20 sits is more active and which can mean they are a lot better than the mod with only 10 sits.

There are / were some mods that took every sit in the book but they didn't actually handle them well. They made wrong decisions, they didn't know the rules, they banned and kicked people falsely. These are the mods that of course represent quantity over quality. But you also know those mods are bad because they get reported, complained about and usually when someone calls for an admin they will say "NOT X MOD"

Now the majority of the time, that statement is true. The more sits you claim the better you are perceived. You were not picked to be a mod to sit around and take sits that can change the server from chaos to peaceful again. If you took every sit in the book and you handled them well then yes that would make you a godly staff member. That is how people are promoted from a mod to an admin. If you put in the work then of course you will be promoted. You don't get promoted for playing sometimes and doing some sits and getting in trouble sometimes.

You are a mod solely for protect the server from minges, rule breakers and ect. Sure, you're a player and you should play the game but when you take playing the game over being a staff member then you shouldn't be a staff member.

Do sit counts matter? Kinda. It's better to tie it into active playtime though along with a sit count. Should sit counts matter? No but if you have staff constantly sitting there and doing nothing then you need a number to reference.

Agree like 83837116153939% 

Sits aren't like the defining factor of being a good staff member, but i guess in a way sort of shows handiness and activeness

Like, I have X amount of sits and it's relatively larger than say Glazes Y, that doesn't instantly mean Me>Glaze just shows i have more time/am there to help out more