Alt Check People Before Letting Them Be Staff (It's crazy I even have to fucking say this tbh).

goodnight

Like who the fuck are all these new random accounts that join for far less than a week's playtime and then letting them be fucking staff. Did we not learn our lesson with Sana or do we care that fucking little about the community and server overall? In fact, why aren't we alt checking suspicious accounts period??? I swear to fucking god I've personally had to call out several alt accounts myself, and then there's the fact that people like Fuel (aka nematodes) wasn't removed for so long despite being in friend groups of staff members but nobody saw alarm bells going off????

Get your shit together.

• Thanks 1
  • SMorc 1
  • thumbdown -1 1
  • crybaby -1 2
  • mad 2

The requirement for staff is 14 hours of playtime. I'm not sure if you've been on the server during off-hours of the night but it's clear that we could use as many staff members as we can during those times. I'm not sure what you're suggesting we change but if you think that the playtime requirement should be increased or something, we can definitely have a discussion on that. Also, if you suspect a banned player is using an alt account to circumvent a ban, definitely shoot me or a staff member a DM on Discord and we can check it out 👍

We love TitsRP 😍

ps - the tone of this post comes off as pretty toxic/hostile to me. I think you could have made the same points while toning it down a bit. The staff are working hard and I think they deserve a little more credit than what you're giving them. Without them, the server would literally cease to exist. 

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Rubik said:

The requirement for staff is 14 hours of playtime. I'm not sure if you've been on the server during off-hours of the night but it's clear that we could use as many staff members as we can during those times. I'm not sure what you're suggesting we change but if you think that the playtime requirement should be increased or something, we can definitely have a discussion on that. Also, if you suspect a banned player is using an alt account to circumvent a ban, definitely shoot me or a staff member a DM on Discord and we can check it out 👍

We love TitsRP 😍

ps - the tone of this post comes off as pretty toxic/hostile to me. I think you could have made the same points while toning it down a bit. The staff are working hard and I think they deserve a little more credit than what you're giving them. Without them, the server would literally cease to exist. 

This whole reply is wild holy shit. How do I even begin to reply to this...

I have the most playtime out of any player-- I've seen literally every scenario this server has been through at this point. You would have more decent staff if people didn't feel mistreated or like they aren't being listened to. People have made post after post, STAFF INCLUDED, that shit needs to change. Your toxicity accusation is actually crazy considering the only aggressive thing I did was say "get your shit together" yet this server, it's player and staff have a crazy history of doing toxic, player targeted and heinous shit all the time. I have an appreciation for staff that actually strives to make the server a better place, a lot of which we've lost recently because they felt that they were working their asses off for no appreciation, an overly toxic environment, etc. I've heard so much shit from staff who actually care, so many people who have personally come to me to vent (I will not be naming ANY of these staff members for their privacy and safety) because they actually trust me over people who are staffing alongside them, and were so exhausted from not only dealing with the randoms that come on just to MRDM, to dealing with the drama of another player alting to cause trouble, or dealing with some other staff drama that shouldn't even be happening to start with.

I'm asking that we do better at checking alts, and more often, to catch this shit before something really bad happens. Yahya should NOT have been able to not only alt, but become a fucking staff member, someone who has POWER over other players. Same thing with people like Nematodes, and some very questionable people who have just joined yet mysteriously are given access to some crazy CCs (iykyk). The biggest reason I haven't bothered to become staff myself is because I don't feel that I would actually be listened to, and that any attempt I make at trying to make things better would be met with resistance. Quite frankly, I just don't have the energy to put into a community that has treated me like shit.

I am genuinely not trying to be an asshole here, Rubik. I fucking love this server in many ways. I think you've done an incredible job with how it's set up, how the jobs are played, and all the other amenities or activities that we can do. It's the reason I got so addicted. The way the server itself functions is great. It's the community that's going to kill it unless we put our damn feet down and say "that's enough". 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • crybaby -1 3

I hope you know we have taken some protective measures to prevent people from alting as easily. Especially in the discord. You are now forced to be linked to steam before you can chat or interact in our discord which will prevent a lot of the issues with alting. You also have to remember we try VERY hard to spot alts on a day to day basis but with the sheer amount of applications we get along with the low amount of S-Mods and admins it's definitely a challenge for them to catch everything. It's also damn near impossible to find discord alts unless someone calls them out. 

I 100% get your frustration but it's EXTREMELY hard to detect every alt. Fuel is a great example of someone who has fallen under the radar because the VAST majority of our staff team doesn't even know who he is. These are some of the issues that arise when new players become staff. You should really try a different approach when posting things like this because it will inevitably lead to negative feedback from people who don't read the post. Try using a positive post and it'll be received quite a bit better.

Please please please for the love of god change your approach to these things. EVERYONE cares about people alting on this staff team. We are working to improve things you just have to be patient.

Edited by LeGerbs
  • Like 4
  • thumbdown -1 1

Just now, goodnight said:

(Also, go ahead and take a gander at who's reacting what to this. Iykyk).

Interesting you would say this. I am not friends with any of the people you mentioned i simply am reacting to this. I have banned yahya alts aswell so not sure what your point is.

2 minutes ago, LeGerbs said:

I hope you know we have taken some protective measures to prevent people from alting as easily. Especially in the discord. You are now forced to be linked to steam before you can chat or interact in our discord which will prevent a lot of the issues with alting. You also have to remember we try VERY hard to spot alts on a day to day basis but with the sheer amount of applications we get along with the low amount of S-Mods and admins it's definitely a challenge for them to catch everything. It's also damn near impossible to find discord alts unless someone calls them out. 

I 100% get your frustration but it's EXTREMELY hard to detect every alt. Fuel is a great example of someone who has fallen under the radar because the VAST majority of our staff team doesn't even know who he is. These are some of the issues that arise when new players become staff. You should really try a different approach when posting things like this because it will inevitably lead to negative feedback from people who don't read the post. Try using a positive post and it'll be received quite a bit better.

Please please please for the love of god change your approach to these things. EVERYONE cares about people alting on this staff team. We are working to improve things you just have to be patient.

And this is a step in the right direction. It'll help snuff out some, and I know that not everyone can be detected easily. It's just baffling in my POV that someone got so far as to be staff as an alt. I can't imagine what someone would do if they had better technological capabilities and could do something to actually harm the server, or worse, the people who run it.

Don't take it personal because you aren't someone I'm concerned about in terms of that aspect. I've seen your staffing abilities before and again, seen them now, and you're not someone I expect to just let shit slide because you can. 

1 hour ago, goodnight said:

This whole reply is wild holy shit. How do I even begin to reply to this...

I have the most playtime out of any player-- I've seen literally every scenario this server has been through at this point. You would have more decent staff if people didn't feel mistreated or like they aren't being listened to. People have made post after post, STAFF INCLUDED, that shit needs to change. Your toxicity accusation is actually crazy considering the only aggressive thing I did was say "get your shit together" yet this server, it's player and staff have a crazy history of doing toxic, player targeted and heinous shit all the time. I have an appreciation for staff that actually strives to make the server a better place, a lot of which we've lost recently because they felt that they were working their asses off for no appreciation, an overly toxic environment, etc. I've heard so much shit from staff who actually care, so many people who have personally come to me to vent (I will not be naming ANY of these staff members for their privacy and safety) because they actually trust me over people who are staffing alongside them, and were so exhausted from not only dealing with the randoms that come on just to MRDM, to dealing with the drama of another player alting to cause trouble, or dealing with some other staff drama that shouldn't even be happening to start with.

I'm asking that we do better at checking alts, and more often, to catch this shit before something really bad happens. Yahya should NOT have been able to not only alt, but become a fucking staff member, someone who has POWER over other players. Same thing with people like Nematodes, and some very questionable people who have just joined yet mysteriously are given access to some crazy CCs (iykyk). The biggest reason I haven't bothered to become staff myself is because I don't feel that I would actually be listened to, and that any attempt I make at trying to make things better would be met with resistance. Quite frankly, I just don't have the energy to put into a community that has treated me like shit.

I am genuinely not trying to be an asshole here, Rubik. I fucking love this server in many ways. I think you've done an incredible job with how it's set up, how the jobs are played, and all the other amenities or activities that we can do. It's the reason I got so addicted. The way the server itself functions is great. It's the community that's going to kill it unless we put our damn feet down and say "that's enough". 

Sorry if my post came off that way. For one, unless you are online for 24 hours per day I have no way of knowing what time of the day you play. The point still stands though, we could use as many staff as we can get. Sorry it it sounded like I was accusing you of something, I simply stated my opinion on how I perceived your post and will continue to do so in the future if we want to be able to have these types of discussions and actually make improvements in the end. 

You made some good points and I'll try my best to act on it. I had a 2 hour call with an ex-staff member a few days ago and got some really great feedback which rings very similar to what you're saying here. I'm sure you both experienced some of the same issues months ago as we were going through a major transition period. It's been a challenge but I'm not going to let that hold me back and I'm here for you guys until the end. To reiterate, I'll take this feedback and see how we can do better in the future. 

8 minutes ago, Rubik said:

Sorry if my post came off that way. For one, unless you are online for 24 hours per day I have no way of knowing what time of the day you play. The point still stands though, we could use as many staff as we can get. Sorry it it sounded like I was accusing you of something, I simply stated my opinion on how I perceived your post and will continue to do so in the future if we want to be able to have these types of discussions and actually make improvements in the end. 

You made some good points and I'll try my best to act on it. I had a 2 hour call with an ex-staff member a few days ago and got some really great feedback which rings very similar to what you're saying here. I'm sure you both experienced some of the same issues months ago as we were going through a major transition period. It's been a challenge but I'm not going to let that hold me back and I'm here for you guys until the end. To reiterate, I'll take this feedback and see how we can do better in the future. 

If I had another reaction I'd give you a thank you but I cannot, so I'll just do a quick reply instead.  I'm on many different times during the day. Been taking some more breaks lately but I've witnessed the server at all hours of the day and night. I personally apologize if it sounded like it was hostile, there's just a lot of frustration with this, which I'm sure you've felt yourself. I appreciate you hearing me out and taking these talking points seriously. 

I genuinely hope that you have a good rest of your day (or whatever time it is for you, timezones be wack), and again, thank you for reading, replying, and using this feedback for future tweaks.

• Rubik locked this topic