Hex_ Posted July 11, 2024 Share Posted July 11, 2024 Your In-Game Name: Hex Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67970096 Who are you reporting?: DonaldJTrump (STEAM_0:1:532415933) Why are you reporting this player?: Using the T slur in OOC chat (no staff on in order to make a sit). Do you have evidence related to this incident?: Yes Relevant Info: https://imgur.com/a/Im9cWk5 1 1 3 3 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21588-player-toxicity/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rubik Posted July 11, 2024 Share Posted July 11, 2024 We have systems in place for you to filter words like this in case they offend you. First, go to your Steam settings --> Friends & Chat --> Chat Filtering and make your selection. Be sure to toggle off "Community" for the content you do not want to see. You may need to relog for these changes to take effect in-game. You can also block the user via Steam to permanently mute their chat in-game. 2 1 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21588-player-toxicity/#findComment-148378 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hex_ Posted July 11, 2024 Author Share Posted July 11, 2024 25 minutes ago, Rubik said: We have systems in place for you to filter words like this in case they offend you. First, go to your Steam settings --> Friends & Chat --> Chat Filtering and make your selection. Be sure to toggle off "Community" for the content you do not want to see. You may need to relog for these changes to take effect in-game. You can also block the user via Steam to permanently mute their chat in-game. See this is great and all, Rubik, muting, blocking, whatever, but that is not a replacement for telling these people that what they're saying is disgusting and harmful. I've never once seen someone get a reply to a toxicity post or in a sit like this one when someone says the hard r, but for some people people love to tell me to do all this shit for LGBTQ+ slurs. I mute people for plenty of reasons throughout the day for being obnoxious, being rude as hell over a period of time, but muting and blocking are NOT replacements for forcing these people to take accountability. Your rules specifically say "DO NOT use racial/homophobic/generally offensive slurs or be overly offensive to other players/staff." and "DO NOT be a dick, we are all here to have fun and play the game.", muting says "| Chat Mute In-game chat mutes are temporary. Make a report if you're being repeatedly harassed. For persistent chat mutes, block [player] through Steam." Which again, great and all, but then you can't see ANYTHING someone says, and what if you're in PD and they're raiding PD? You can't see a message, thus you can die and have no clue why, which can cause even more issues than if someone were to just be given a standard punishment, thus a mark on their record indicating that they are a repeat offender if they do it more than once, etc etc. Blocking and muting people/ words only goes so far. Allow them to do this, and they're going to continue doing it because they think it is okay because "well nobody called a sit/ made a report!". This is what it's going to result in. 2 3 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21588-player-toxicity/#findComment-148384 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yung PussyBanger Posted July 12, 2024 Share Posted July 12, 2024 Hello Hex, I understand your frustration. Donald J Trump should be warned or given a verbal for player toxicity. On another note, why do you let these words get to your head so much? You can't expect every single person who plays this server to respect your wishes. 1 hour ago, goodnight said: For persistent chat mutes, block [player] through Steam." Which again, great and all, but then you can't see ANYTHING someone says, and what if you're in PD and they're raiding PD? You can't see a message, thus you can die and have no clue why, you say this, but it seems their words are more of a priority than their RP. You have gone out of your way to report someone for the use of the "T slur", although if you didnt pay attention to them, and or continued with what you were doing you probably would've forgotten about it in 30 minutes. This isn't a jab at you, but there are things you can do as well to avoid people like this, but ultimately choose not to time and time again. +1 verbal or warn for player toxicity. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21588-player-toxicity/#findComment-148389 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sana Posted July 12, 2024 Share Posted July 12, 2024 +1 for Player Toxicity warn This is not the first time I notice blatant transphobia in ooc and in anon as well, and it was ignored many times. TRANSPHOBIA KILLS and it is against our ToS. 2 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21588-player-toxicity/#findComment-148390 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grok Posted July 12, 2024 Share Posted July 12, 2024 While I agree with what Rubik says about muting/blocking ppl, I do also believe that people should know that they shouldn't be saying slurs on the chat as it falls under Player Toxicity. This kind of language violates Facepunch's Code of Conduct. +1 for Toxicity Warn as it's not a first offense 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21588-player-toxicity/#findComment-148392 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hex_ Posted July 12, 2024 Author Share Posted July 12, 2024 6 minutes ago, Yung PussyBanger said: You can't expect every single person who plays this server to respect your wishes. Say this to someone who's reporting someone for calling them the hard r and get back to me. You yourself have said some out of pocket shit to me, so I would never in a million years expect you to be even the slightest bit empathetic towards this situation. 8 minutes ago, Yung PussyBanger said: You have gone out of your way to report someone for the use of the "T slur", although if you didnt pay attention to them, and or continued with what you were doing you probably would've forgotten about it in 30 minutes. This is completely false, because guess what, Yung? The people who use these slurs are never doing it as a one time thing. I've had this player target me using in-game methods (such as hits) and out of game methods (such as being excessive with their verbal statements at me). I want accountability. I didn't see the word and sit there and fucking cry. I screenshotted and because there was no staff online and did a very simple report, which I would have done no matter WHAT the slur was. I don't understand why it's just a massive fucking issue to some of you that I don't like being demeaned and reduced to a fucking slur. 1 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21588-player-toxicity/#findComment-148393 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Spülbecken Posted July 12, 2024 Share Posted July 12, 2024 (edited) +1 warn for player toxicity I agree with Rubik about the prophylactic measures, but these types of comments are not acceptable, and the rules should be enforced. Edited July 12, 2024 by Spülbecken W O R D adjustment Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21588-player-toxicity/#findComment-148394 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Opila Bird Posted July 12, 2024 Share Posted July 12, 2024 (edited) I'm not trying to make this seem like i'm coming at your or placing blame on you so if that's how you feel i'm sorry. I will say, though, i've noticed that you, along a few others on the server, don't seem to have attempted to actually stop seeing the words that upset you so much despite having very easy access to ways to do so. Personally if something upset me so much I wouldn't actively allow it to continue being in front of me, and I especially wouldn't drag it out by making a spectacle of it every time it did. I understand this is against the rules so I am +1 for punishment, but I fail to see how we should continue to solve problems for you if you make no attempt to do so yourself. Edited July 12, 2024 by bugman 4 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21588-player-toxicity/#findComment-148401 Share on other sites More sharing options...
zoot Posted July 13, 2024 Share Posted July 13, 2024 While I’d also recommend you filter that specific word out for your own sake, I don’t think anything another player says/does should be your responsibility just because you’re offended. If it’s against the rules it’s against the rules, that does not fall on you or any other player who reports this sort of thing. +1 for warn 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21588-player-toxicity/#findComment-148451 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts