Sewer area unbuildable

Category:

Bug

Priority:

Medium

Description:

One of the sewer areas (idk what you call this place other than mayble pickle land) has a nobuild place on the slope leading to the lower area, making it near impossible to build anything in this area unless you were to bring in props to the place/build around it

How to reproduce:

place props in area

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/i3iAopXksa6WunS7e/d1337oOQLYT1?invite=cr-MSx1bVAsMjIxNDU0MDIzLA

ignore tapwater spawning props in, he is above the law

3 hours ago, Insurance Agent said:

There used to be a no build wall in that area but it was my understanding that the basing rules changed allowing you to build up to that flag at the top.

I have built there in the past well before I was staff. The only way around I've seen is using the stacker tool which is exceedingly tedious. 

u can paste dupes there/stacker tool as long as you are stood out of the ramp area as it bypasses the build restriction (same way you can build in spots like rdm zone) but cant actually build there. this is intentional because you are meant to build at the bottom part and not in the ramp area so technically any base that has a dupe/props in the ramp area is exploiting the no build zone. Rubik said this was due to the natural sloping leading to bases utilising the ramp being failbases as you could shoot them/exploit part of their body but not be shot back due to the angle. 
I personally think this should be changed and allowed because you can easily make a base here that allows for you to be shot back by the raider at the top, so its not a map design issue but a base design issue that basers should be aware of when building here, instead of flat out banning it because basers cant build their bases properly.

Rubik agreed it should probably be considered a staffing issue and asked kdog but presumably he forgot or kdog didnt reply and i never re-asked (after re reading i think i was meant to make a bug report and never did, or i did and got a reply but forgot), but it'd be a very cool basing spot. Only other issue with it is that it has naturally spawning materials there so theoretically you could base in the spot and eventually after people mine every other spot have every available rock spawn in your base and not mine it leading to no one being able to mine rocks, but that could probably be shifted by adding a rock despawn timer if a naturally spawned rock has existed for 30 minutes or something to respawn it in a diff spot.

tldr make this a suggestion post instead of bug report unfortunately

spacer.png

Edited by Tene
  • Like 1

The issue with this area and the reason it was made into a no-build zone is because people would build dupes which allowed them to shoot the feet of the raider while it being virtually impossible for the raider to hit them due to the nature of the area having a large downward slope.

image.png