zoot Posted June 26, 2023 Share Posted June 26, 2023 (edited) In-Game Name Claypool Your Steam ID STEAM_0:1:72722394 Why were you banned or warned? "MassRDM" Why should you be unwarned/unbanned? Everything is explained at the bottom of this post, where I am able to format it better. Please read that for the full explanation. However, in short: I did not MRDM. I had plenty of in-RP reason to do what I did, I killed in strict accordance to rules, and I was banned on behalf of a rule that the staff member made up in order to incriminate me. Who warned/banned you? Succ The Zucc How long were you warned or banned for? 1 Week Why should you be unwarned/unbanned?: I did not MRDM. Everyone was in a crowd and I was being damaged, so I used my warn bind and shot off an SBC cannon. My actions were entirely justified. For some loose context: we had just finished up with a maxwell, riddim paid cereal to spawn a train, I sniped the kills from riddim. It was one big joke from people who were already getting killed, and even riddim didn't care about all this (didn't get the chance to say it btw, but if you're reading this, I gotchu on the next one ). In rules though, I had justification, as I was being damaged and gave plenty of warning in advert. I have read over the rules, and the rules towards warning people, as well as my explanation for their relation to this ban, are as follows: Quote Under General (dos and don'ts): DO warn users either 3 times in /advert, or once using the E menu giving at least 3 seconds before defending yourself This does apply to this ban and was followed. I warned those around me in advert three, even four times, and I gave them more than three seconds time to react. DO NOT warn people for general actions such as walking down the street, looking at them or being near them This doesn't apply to the ban, as I did not warn anybody for normal activities, I warned those around me for the following: I was consistently being hit by non-lethal grenades and flashbangs, threatened over voice chat, and consistently being damaged. It's also worth mentioning that the train was there and about to explode and people were blocking a reasonable escape path. I had plenty of in-RP reason to use lethal force to protect myself. DO NOT warn players to leave when they are using a public item/npc for its intended purpose Same thing applies here as it did in the last rule, the actions were enough for me to fear my life and warn people. Under Adverts: Adverts that Exist: Warn This doesn't have much to do with the ban, just legitimizes player warnings as a thing, and I wanted to mention every instance of player warning rules. Under basing rules: Trespassing makes you KoS. This means if you trespass someone's house while they are "building" you will die. If it is a public base, you must be warned to leave first. This does not apply to the ban, as this was not done in a base, under construction base, building, or public base. Pulled directly from https://titsrp.com/rules I have covered all the rules that I followed, as well as context for the MRDM ban, and now I will get into the specifics of the ban. After I shot into the crowd, I was teleported into sitland by "Succ The Zucc." The following conversation occurred after I was brought: Quote Player Succ The Zucc(STEAM_0:0:157950221) (Cunt Flaps) said You're getting a ban for MassRDM <25-06-2023 / 19:27:43> Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said i warned <25-06-2023 / 19:27:47> Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said [VIP] (OOC) Fabrizio: id say im a good looking gmod player [WARN 1/2/3] <25-06-2023 / 19:27:54> Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said ^ <25-06-2023 / 19:27:56> Player Succ The Zucc(STEAM_0:0:157950221) (Cunt Flaps) said Does not matter you dont get the right to just SBC Cannon the entire crowd waiting for thomas <25-06-2023 / 19:28:16> Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said So you are banning me for killing people who I warned to move? <25-06-2023 / 19:28:31> Player Succ The Zucc(STEAM_0:0:157950221) (Cunt Flaps) said The entire crowd <25-06-2023 / 19:28:39> Player Succ The Zucc(STEAM_0:0:157950221) (Cunt Flaps) said Yes <25-06-2023 / 19:28:41> Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said They were warned <25-06-2023 / 19:28:48> Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said I warned them <25-06-2023 / 19:28:53> Player Succ The Zucc(STEAM_0:0:157950221) (Cunt Flaps) said You're getting a ban for MassRDM <25-06-2023 / 19:28:59> layer Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said Alright, let me export the logs then, because there is no legitimate reason to ban me. <25-06-2023 / 19:29:20> Player Succ The Zucc(STEAM_0:0:157950221) (Cunt Flaps) said !slogs <25-06-2023 / 19:29:25> Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said You can kill multiple if they are warned <25-06-2023 / 19:29:28> Pulled directly from slogs, which were exported to my PC (I can provide the file if need be) There was more in here that was not properly exported, and I am unsure of why, but in-short, I was also told that I can only kill one person at a time when I warn and that my firing an SBC cannon was not warranted. That is why I replied at the end of the log with "You can kill multiple if they are warned," which is true and not outlined to say otherwise anywhere in the rules. Should there be a place for them in the rules, I would absolutely understand, but the fact is that there isn't, and the staff member who banned me was blatantly making up rules in order to incriminate me. Nowhere in the rules is anything about any "crowd waiting for thomas" or amount of people you can kill in a player-warning scenario. The facts of this are the following: I was stuck in a large crowd near a bomb and was being consistently threatened, damaged, and assaulted by non-lethal grenades/flashbangs. In this scenario, there was an immediate threat to my life where people refusing to move was a factor in mortality. As such was true, I gave those around me proper warning, adverting my warning message four times, where only three is required in the span of three seconds. I allowed eight seconds before I killed those in my immediate vicinity who were harassing me were killed, despite only having to provide three. I opened fire on a crowd that had been verbally and physically assaulting/threatening me. I killed the majority of the crowd that had been verbally/physically assaulting/threatening me. I was pulled into a sit by user "Succ The Zucc" and accused of Mass RDM. I was told what rules I broke, and upon checking, they do not exist. I was banned for one week for "MassRDM" by "Succ The Zucc." Jargon about rules and in-RP shenanigans aside, though, this was harmless fun with people who both don't care and were already getting killed. We were all near an exploding Thomas that riddim had spawned, I wanted to mess with him in a friendly way, and I took the kill right before it blew up. While I had proper reasoning and motivation, I just want to give a candid explanation to let it be known that this really wasn't that big of a deal. It was a small funny thing that even riddim, the one who purchased the Thomas, didn't really care about. None of this should have been as big of a deal as it now is, and I would like to request that I am unbanned, because I believe that I have thoroughly proven that I had more than enough reason to defend myself and, as such, broke no rules. Miscellaneous logs: Me warning the other players through advert before the alleged MassRDM. Quote Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said [VIP] (OOC) Fabrizio: id say im a good looking gmod player [WARN 1/2/3] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:50> Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said [VIP] (OOC) Fabrizio: id say im a good looking gmod player [WARN 1/2/3] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:52> Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said [VIP] (OOC) Fabrizio: id say im a good looking gmod player [WARN 1/2/3] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:53> Player Claypool(STEAM_0:1:72722394) (Santiago) said [VIP] (OOC) Fabrizio: id say im a good looking gmod player [WARN 1/2/3] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:55> Pulled directly from slogs, which were exported to my PC (I can provide the file if need be) The kill log: Quote Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed Beup (Uniivrss on Spotify) (STEAM_0:0:150977666) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed Whisk3y (Gamer Girl) (STEAM_0:0:101752557) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed Biggie Bear (Cultist) (STEAM_0:0:26394019) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed snakeeyes (Voltage) (STEAM_0:0:69509641) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed Tyler \"Fortnite\" Ninja Blevins (Santa Claus) (STEAM_0:1:159937698) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed Glock (Glizz) (STEAM_0:1:157109961) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed buttBalls (Bounty Hunter) (STEAM_0:1:9219874) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed acd (Medic) (STEAM_0:0:747617364) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed GUTZ (CrapTrappersrus) (STEAM_0:0:564730794) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed riddim (protein farter) (STEAM_0:1:240560986) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed Succ The Zucc (Cunt Flaps) (STEAM_0:0:157950221) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed BriskyBri ( drugs on duty) (STEAM_0:0:456186912) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> Player Claypool (Santiago) (STEAM_0:1:72722394) killed rickondrugs (Hobo Lord) (STEAM_0:1:164360146) with weapon Player [23][ clay] <25-06-2023 / 19:26:58> For those wishing to count, that's fourteen points! | Pulled directly from slogs, which were exported to my PC (I can provide the file if need be) Another (unrelated) incident involving the staff member in question enforcing random rules (letting a mass RDMer go because they weren't typing). Quote Player Dinero Guzman(STEAM_0:0:116808581) (Bloods) said (OOC) bro zucc returned me and a mass rdmer because he wanted us to type <25-06-2023 / 17:45:37> Player Dinero Guzman(STEAM_0:0:116808581) (Bloods) said (OOC) we both said fuck that <25-06-2023 / 17:45:42> Player Dinero Guzman(STEAM_0:0:116808581) (Bloods) said (OOC) but instead of reading logs and facts zucc the dumb fuck sent us back <25-06-2023 / 17:45:57> Player Dinero Guzman(STEAM_0:0:116808581) (Bloods) said (OOC) he wants to read the fucking chat but not the 1. report i sent him 2. logs <25-06-2023 / 17:46:24> Player Dinero Guzman(STEAM_0:0:116808581) (Bloods) said (OOC) yea zucc the highest moderation youll ever fucking do is run a mc donalds you dumb fuck <25-06-2023 / 17:46:52> Pulled directly from slogs, which were exported to my PC (I can provide the file if need be) ***EDIT*** I have more chat history, pulled from console, hopefully to clear up the (made up rules) part of my report: Quote ☀[BOOB][Senior Mod] Succ The Zucc: You can kill the 1 person trying to chase you not the WHOLE group at fountain ☀ Claypool: Alright, let me export the logs then, because there is no legitimate reason to ban me. ☀[BOOB][Senior Mod] Succ The Zucc: !slogs ☀ Claypool: You can kill multiple if they are warned | PM to riddim: im getting banned for it LOL | PM from riddim: bruhhh | PM to riddim: appealin on forums nbd ☀[BOOB][Senior Mod] Succ The Zucc: Tell me when you're ready ☀ Claypool: just, personally here, even the dude who trained didnt care, this is a real dick move dude ☀ Claypool: do your thing though Disconnect: -------===== [ BANNED ] =====------ ---= Reason =--- MassRDM ---= Time Left =--- 1 week ---= Admin =--- Succ The Zucc Appeal @ TitsRP.com. Pulled from my own Console, will provide screenshots if need-be. Edited June 26, 2023 by zoot Providing more logs 1 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20077-claypools-ban-appeal/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ironfish1 Posted June 26, 2023 Share Posted June 26, 2023 Hello Claypool, I would like to start this off by saying this whole situation is quite silly. You SBC cannoned at fountain, killed 14 people, and your defense to that is "I warned them all to move, I can warn multiple people to move". The whole point of warning multiple people is incase there is a party following you, lets say 3 cultists attempting to kidnap. It's not there for you to have a free MRDM spree just because it would be funny. In the end all this seems like to me is an attempt to loophole our rules. There is zero way for you to convince me that all fourteen people that you sbc cannoned in fountain were "verbally and physically assaulting/threatening" you. You were fine with posting all of the other logs, so please post the damage logs that would make this clearly not RDM in the off-chance that all fourteen players damaged you first. You know better. -1 Best Regards, Ironfish1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20077-claypools-ban-appeal/#findComment-136970 Share on other sites More sharing options...
zoot Posted June 26, 2023 Author Share Posted June 26, 2023 (edited) Quote There is zero way for you to convince me that all fourteen people that you sbc cannoned in fountain were "verbally and physically assaulting/threatening" you. You were fine with posting all of the other logs, so please post the damage logs that would make this clearly not RDM in the off-chance that all fourteen players damaged you first. You know better This assessment is fair. I unfortunately don't have the damage log (my logs were very limited on export and seemed to be lacking) but regardless, I doubt they all did, which is why I also wanted to also candidly explain myself and describe what happened, as yeah, this whole situation is really silly. Based on the written rules, I did not MassRDM, but based on the word of Succ The Zucc, I did, which, in theory, I understand, but in practice, I entirely disagree with for two reasons: I have, time and time again, needed help with things that were not exactly defined by rules and was promptly denied such because of this, a good example being: A couple days ago I was playing serial killer, and I was arrested over and over by the same person back to back, who was also constantly warranting my base and breaking in. When I called staff, the user explained that "he has a weird job/playermodel and its pink, plus i know he's the serial killer." because there are no specific rules about AOS jobs or metagaming in place, there was nothing that could be done. Things like this very often happen, which makes me entirely opposed to someone suddenly being able to deviate from written rule for the sake of banning me. Again, this was a very light-hearted and, as you even put it, silly situation. Had I been killing anyone else in any other context, I would understand punishments like this, but I felt I had a justification, both in and out of RP. Even if a ban is still felt as justified, I disagree with it being treated the same as someone who joins the server to kill everyone the second they leave spawn. What I did was very different. Edited June 26, 2023 by zoot spelling mistake Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20077-claypools-ban-appeal/#findComment-136972 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Succ The Zucc Posted June 26, 2023 Share Posted June 26, 2023 So like I said in the sit here. You can't just kill EVERYONE there. Especially when there was people caught in the blast that weren't even part of the main group. As ironfish said. You know better. -1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20077-claypools-ban-appeal/#findComment-136981 Share on other sites More sharing options...
1304 Posted June 26, 2023 Share Posted June 26, 2023 -1 iron fish said it best dont know what you was thinking 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20077-claypools-ban-appeal/#findComment-136986 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ironfish1 Posted June 29, 2023 Share Posted June 29, 2023 Denied You have 3 days left on your ban, it has been decided that what you did was MRDM, and the ban is valid. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20077-claypools-ban-appeal/#findComment-137079 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts