Happy Men's Mental Health Month TitsRP!

TheRealHex

I should've done this around the same time as my pride month post but I neglected to bring attention to another very important month even, which is men's mental health awareness month (also health overall). Just as women struggle with issues of their own kind, men have their own unique struggles relating to mental health and it can be even harder for them to come forward about it due to stigma surrounding the topic and toxic masculinity practices, resulting in many men being completely miserable in their lives, or even going as far as taking their own lives. 

I feel that in today's society, we especially need to be aware of these things because men are typically and inherently better at hiding certain emotions that are associated with mental pain like depression and anxiety, but this goes further when we bring up higher risk disorders like those relating to psychosis, developmental and neurological disorders like Autism and ADHD, among many, many other common disorders.

I want every male identifying person reading this to know that you are seen, you are heard, and do not be afraid to let your struggles be known!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • crybaby -1 1

14 minutes ago, DnChops said:

trying to get his forums rep up +1

My friend did that enough for me. I mean, it wouldn't have been down so badly if I didn't get rep bombed. Otherwise I don't really care what my rep is here. My server rep more accurately represents how the community feels because people can only do their 1 rep.

Anywho, have a good day DnChops. 

• Like 3
  • thumbdown -1 1

To spread more information on why this is an important topic, here are some facts revolving just suicide:

• The age-adjusted suicide rate in 2021 was 14.04 per 100,000 individuals.
  • The rate of suicide is highest in middle-aged white men.
  • In 2021, men died by suicide 3.90x more than women.
  • On average, there are 132 suicides per day.
  • White males accounted for 69.68% of suicide deaths in 2021.
  • Males accounted for 80.20% of suicide deaths in 2021.

If you are struggling, force yourself to reach out to anyone, you're not alone.

• Like 5