Better Pickup Boxes! 📦🖨️

MarkCX

Greetings! In this post, I would like to raise an issue that may have been encountered by many TitsRP players who have used a Pickup-box container to transfer entities between bases during raids. One of the major problems with this system is that where the box is placed affects where the entities will emerge. If the placement is incorrect, the entity may end up phased through the map, making it difficult to retrieve, and in some cases impossible even for staff to recover.

To address this issue, I have a suggestion. As avid TitsRP players may already know, when playing as a kidnapper (Cultist job, etc.), it is possible to drop a loot box containing the victim's belongings. A ghosted prop appears when deciding where to place the entity, which is useful in ensuring accurate placement. My proposal is that the Pickup-box containers be updated to create a ghosted version of the entity when it is being removed, allowing the player to place it exactly where desired without the risk of being phased through the map.

image.png - Example of me playing a "Tree Token" exactly where I want it.

Edited by MarkCX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

what happens when the pickup box has reached the timer to be thrown out? is it still thrown out or no? if it is - how is it spat out, cause most of the time its the fact that it will spit out after 60s that makes it get under the map. maybe just change the spitting out part in general to be that the box is dropped on the player's current location, instead of forced infront of them as if you're looking at the floor or wall it can just go through it.

• crybaby -1 1

7 minutes ago, Tene said:

what happens when the pickup box has reached the timer to be thrown out? is it still thrown out or no? if it is - how is it spat out, cause most of the time its the fact that it will spit out after 60s that makes it get under the map. maybe just change the spitting out part in general to be that the box is dropped on the player's current location, instead of forced infront of them as if you're looking at the floor or wall it can just go through it.

Sorry for the confusion, i'm referring to the step of the pickup box where it has been spat out of your player and you want to unload the entities, sometimes if the box is sideways or near a wall it has a chance to either get stuck in the wall or just go right through it. Although if this was implemented the only thing that would be different is when you hit E on lets say "Printer" in the box, it will show a ghosted form of the entity and you would be able to freely place it without the worry of any problems occurring. But yeah personally I have never had issues with the box spitting out in a bad area, its just the entities being taken back out of them is what I have issues with. I guarantee a lot of people could relate if you dont base in indus or sewers and I know for sure staff have received their fair share of sits regarding missing entities!

• Thanks 1

I can definitely see this as a very good solution to removing the factor of the entity either phasing through the ground or encountering any other issues.

I also agree with the entity being ghosted the same as Meth Dealer class when you setup the base as it allows you to place an entity on a set surface without it being an issue.

+1

Edited by God-Emperor Danger
Typos - On Mobile Device
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarkCX said:

Sorry for the confusion, i'm referring to the step of the pickup box where it has been spat out of your player and you want to unload the entities, sometimes if the box is sideways or near a wall it has a chance to either get stuck in the wall or just go right through it. Although if this was implemented the only thing that would be different is when you hit E on lets say "Printer" in the box, it will show a ghosted form of the entity and you would be able to freely place it without the worry of any problems occurring. But yeah personally I have never had issues with the box spitting out in a bad area, its just the entities being taken back out of them is what I have issues with. I guarantee a lot of people could relate if you dont base in indus or sewers and I know for sure staff have received their fair share of sits regarding missing entities!

ahh yeah this makes a ton more sense, i think this would be a good addition to the server

• Thanks 1