If your CC model sets you below 30 hp, make it so grim reaper/michael myers can't target/kill you.

VoN

Okay, this thread has been derailed a bit. Let me try to get this back on track.

I'm one of the pioneers of small models (actually *the* pioneer). I know how Sugar/KDawg really feels about small cc models. Let's just say that back in 2017, it took a bit for me to talk him into importing the first smaller than citizen sized cc model. It was quite the exchange on Discord. I promised him that I wouldn't raid or base with it. Sound familiar? Yeah, that's what the ruleset with small models is based off of. I also know for a fact that if Sugar could do it all over again, he would *never* allow smaller cc models on the server. But it's far too late and too much money has exchanged hands.

As for the suggestion itself, there was a brief time when the Grim Reaper and Mike Myers were based on % of health rather than the number itself. It was reverted to discourage usage of small models. I wish it wasn't that way. Michael Myers and the Grim Reaper should account for max hp once again.

Quite frankly, I think that further handcuffing small models is very unfair. They already have health reductions, damage reductions, and are unable to buy any basing entities. But those gameplay reasons are not my biggest bone to pick. (warning: rant incoming)

My biggest bone to pick is the fact that players are paying money (sometimes good money) for these models only to be non-verbally told that what they're buying is frowned upon. Who the hell buys a custom model hoping to get knifed by Michael Myers all play session? The server happily takes the money paid, but then tries to relegate what was bought to second-class status? Are you kidding me?  To me, that doesn't sit well. Not when the *minimum* price for custom content is $30. Not when custom content is most likely the biggest source of passive income for the server. It's just... a slap in the face to long time players who have spent their hard earned money over the years. To anyone that wants to go "Haha, you spent money on a Gmod server. Imagine doing that. lol", gaming is a hobby. Like all hobbies, people are willing to spend stupid amounts of money to support them. When you are earning your own money, you can spend it however you want. I can *guarantee* that you would not take kindly to anyone trying to tell you what to do with your own money. 

Rant over. With the Michael Myers and Grim Reaper thing, the only realistic thing to do is adapt. If either of them come at you swinging, you are justified in trying to kill them. Or put a Master Sword on your CC and jump out of dodge. That'a about all you can do now.

38 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Okay, this thread has been derailed a bit. Let me try to get this back on track.

I'm one of the pioneers of small models (actually *the* pioneer). I know how Sugar/KDawg really feels about small cc models. Let's just say that back in 2017, it took a bit for me to talk him into importing the first smaller than citizen sized cc model. It was quite the exchange on Discord. I promised him that I wouldn't raid or base with it. Sound familiar? Yeah, that's what the ruleset with small models is based off of. I also know for a fact that if Sugar could do it all over again, he would *never* allow smaller cc models on the server. But it's far too late and too much money has exchanged hands.

As for the suggestion itself, there was a brief time when the Grim Reaper and Mike Myers were based on % of health rather than the number itself. It was reverted to discourage usage of small models. I wish it wasn't that way. Michael Myers and the Grim Reaper should account for max hp once again.

Quite frankly, I think that further handcuffing small models is very unfair. They already have health reductions, damage reductions, and are unable to buy any basing entities. But those gameplay reasons are not my biggest bone to pick. (warning: rant incoming)

My biggest bone to pick is the fact that players are paying money (sometimes good money) for these models only to be non-verbally told that what they're buying is frowned upon. Who the hell buys a custom model hoping to get knifed by Michael Myers all play session? The server happily takes the money paid, but then tries to relegate what was bought to second-class status? Are you kidding me?  To me, that doesn't sit well. Not when the *minimum* price for custom content is $30. Not when custom content is most likely the biggest source of passive income for the server. It's just... a slap in the face to long time players who have spent their hard earned money over the years. To anyone that wants to go "Haha, you spent money on a Gmod server. Imagine doing that. lol", gaming is a hobby. Like all hobbies, people are willing to spend stupid amounts of money to support them. When you are earning your own money, you can spend it however you want. I can *guarantee* that you would not take kindly to anyone trying to tell you what to do with your own money. 

Rant over. With the Michael Myers and Grim Reaper thing, the only realistic thing to do is adapt. If either of them come at you swinging, you are justified in trying to kill them. Or put a Master Sword on your CC and jump out of dodge. That'a about all you can do now.

YES MY POINT GET GOOD 

1 hour ago, Makoto said:

Yeah I agree with pretty much everything you've said,

Though, my point stands when I say it doesn't have to always be this way, hence the suggestion. If people find it annoying such as myself, I feel like maybe atleast it can be altered at some point.

But if they truly hate small models THIS much, I guess it's yelling into a void lmfao.

Suggestion was worth a shot nonetheless

1 hour ago, That one rain frog said:

YES MY POINT GET GOOD 

Your point was "get good", while Makoto actually gave proper points and reasoning as to why it's this way. You're being toxic for the sake of being toxic, which is your whole personality. No wonder you lasted a week or so as mod lmao

12 minutes ago, bugman said:

you seem upset for no real reason i think

Wouldn't really say mad, it's just that every post you make is useless as shit. Get a better hobby bro.. 😢

2 hours ago, VoN said:

Yeah I agree with pretty much everything you've said,

Though, my point stands when I say it doesn't have to always be this way, hence the suggestion. If people find it annoying such as myself, I feel like maybe atleast it can be altered at some point.

But if they truly hate small models THIS much, I guess it's yelling into a void lmfao.

Suggestion was worth a shot nonetheless

Your point was "get good", while Makoto actually gave proper points and reasoning as to why it's this way. You're being toxic for the sake of being toxic, which is your whole personality. No wonder you lasted a week or so as mod lmao

Wouldn't really say mad, it's just that every post you make is useless as shit. Get a better hobby bro.. 😢

BRO STFU I DONT THINK IT MATTERS YOU LITERALY REPORTED ME KNEW I WAS IN THE WRIGHT YOU ONLY WENT WITH IT SO I could GET IN TROUBLE  + YOU GET MAD AT PEOPLE NOT AGREEING WITH WHAT YOU SAY THEN YOU SAY SOME DUMB ASS SHIT AS A RESPONSE SO PLEASE PLEASE COME AT ME FOR LASTING A WEEK AGAIN STROKE MY EGO