C4/basing fix

Biggie Bear

Please make it so if a world wall is between a players grav gun and the C4 they drop it.

Right now there are a few bases on the map which are completely worthless to base in no matter how good your builds are, because they can just gravgun a c4 and walk around the wall destroying the entire base.

Example: I spent about an hour making this base dupe only to discover they can gravgun a C4 and carry it around the outside destroying everything.spacer.png

This is one of the farm house bases, a lot of players try to live here only to discover it's not defensible.

• Thanks 1
  • crybaby -1 1

Uhh it's not the dupe that's the problem it's the house in particular and the ability to carry C4 around walls.

Players can drop a c4, grav gun it, carry it around the door, and carry them around the wall of the house all the way to the farm allowing them to destroy the entire base without ever being in the line of fire.

I'll send it to you anyway I guess.

I am Antonius#1692 on discord

Edited by Biggie Bear

Here are screenshots to demonstrate the issue more clearly than text?

spacer.pngspacer.png

As you can see, you can gravgun carry a C4 around the entire house making base duping pointless here.

My suggestion was just make it so the gravgun drops C4 when a wall is between the player.

Really, how could the gravgun hold onto something when there is a wall between it?

Hopefully that shouldn't be a difficult fix.

there is a very easy counter to this but it will remain gatekept. also every time uve tried to do it to me you've failed because the c4 has fell out of ur hand or i have countered it lol. btw c4 is already hard nerfed due to the server lag making items just fall out of ur butter fingers gravgun, any1 doing this has to be very lucky for it to last the full 30s. fix it? maybe, but i can guarantee 'the fix' will bug out other things with c4. maybe something like goldfish' suggestion would be better, as anything that forces the item to drop due to a world being between the gravgun and the ent will 100% bug out raiding stuff, as c4 already gets bugged out with what is/isn't part of the world (depending on the angle of the c4 it will just not explode props right infront of it as it thinks its being blocked by world)

whatever the fix is dont break c4/other aspects of raiding, if u want to play it safe/smart just do goldfish suggestion

You can just drop a money pot next to the door inside for "totally legit business purposes i promise™" to foil this strategy, but it won't work for all buildings that might deal with this issue.

A map update that thickens the walls around doors enough to prevent being able to do this would be dope and possibly worth considering.

Barring map changes, maybe even a money-pot-like entity prop that can be fit around doors and double-doors like a shroud could be sorted out.

A good few things could be done that don't involve changing the way C4 interacts with the worldspace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoopajoop said:

You can just drop a money pot next to the door inside for "totally legit business purposes i promise™" to foil this strategy, but it won't work for all buildings that might deal with this issue.

A map update that thickens the walls around doors enough to prevent being able to do this would be dope and possibly worth considering.

Barring map changes, maybe even a money-pot-like entity prop that can be fit around doors and double-doors like a shroud could be sorted out.

A good few things could be done that don't involve changing the way C4 interacts with the worldspace.

You're not allowed to use entities for unintended purposes, loop holing is against the rules.

I'm not going to use the money pot to try to defend from an exploit, I just avoid using these bases entirely.

Btw, hacker can explode money pots.

4 hours ago, Tene said:

there is a very easy counter to this but it will remain gatekept. also every time uve tried to do it to me you've failed because the c4 has fell out of ur hand or i have countered it lol. btw c4 is already hard nerfed due to the server lag making items just fall out of ur butter fingers gravgun, any1 doing this has to be very lucky for it to last the full 30s. fix it? maybe, but i can guarantee 'the fix' will bug out other things with c4. maybe something like goldfish' suggestion would be better, as anything that forces the item to drop due to a world being between the gravgun and the ent will 100% bug out raiding stuff, as c4 already gets bugged out with what is/isn't part of the world (depending on the angle of the c4 it will just not explode props right infront of it as it thinks its being blocked by world)

whatever the fix is dont break c4/other aspects of raiding, if u want to play it safe/smart just do goldfish suggestion

I did experience lag while trying to get the screenshots but I was able to do it when the lag stopped.

The point remains, it is possible, and it makes the bases easy to raid.

15 hours ago, Goldfish0 said:

I think an easy fix would to be to let guns shoot the c4 or timebomb out of the grav gun's connection.

I think this is actually a much better idea.

Please do this.

• Like 1