-
Posts
83 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2 -
Steam ID
76561198210506868 -
Gametracker
Goldfish0 -
Player Profile
View
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
DarkRP Server Rules
Forum Rules & Guidelines
DarkRP Server Rules (Compat Test)
rules-compact-manual
Everything posted by Goldfish0
-
The SBC Cannon has always been one of TitsRP's most iconic tools of chaos — a genuinely game-warping weapon that lets a single player reshape a firefight, a raid, or a base defense with ten shots of pure destructive potential. That kind of power is exactly what a server built on the "meme machine" spirit of TitsRP should lean into. But the recent change — requiring a player to die before they can equip a new SBC Cannon, instead of simply running dry and re-equipping once their ten shots are spent — undercuts what made the weapon fun in the first place, and it should be reverted. The core issue is one of agency. Under the old system, running out of ammo was a natural, self-imposed limit: you used your shots, and when they were gone, you could get back in the fight on your own terms by re-equipping. The weapon's power was balanced by its finite ammo count alone, which is already a meaningful constraint — ten cannonball-sized decisions is not nothing. The new system takes a limit that was already balanced and stacks an entirely unrelated punishment on top of it: now, exhausting your legitimate resource means you are locked out of the weapon until you are killed, an event completely outside your control and often outside your desire. A player who plays well, survives, and simply uses up their ammo is treated identically to a player who got sniped in the first ten seconds — except the skilled player has to wait for someone else to kill them before they can participate again. That is not balance; it's a forced idle period bolted onto a system that didn't need one. This is where the freedom argument really lands. Part of what makes DarkRP servers like TitsRP appealing is the sandbox nature of the experience — you buy what you want, build what you want, and fight how you want, with the game's economy and item limits providing the friction rather than administrative gates. Tying re-equipping to death removes a layer of player choice and replaces it with dependency on outside circumstances. It turns "I ran out of ammo, let me buy/find more" into "I ran out of ammo, now I have to hope someone kills me," which is a strange and frankly backwards incentive to build into a roleplay server. Encouraging players to seek out their own death just to reset a weapon slot is the opposite of empowering roleplay — it nudges toward reckless, non-RP behavior purely to route around a mechanic. There's also a practical fairness problem. A death-gated system disproportionately punishes players who are cautious or good at surviving, while accidentally rewarding players who get themselves killed quickly. That inverts the risk-reward logic that normally governs powerful weapons: usually, the better you play, the more you're rewarded; here, playing well with the SBC Cannon means being stuck without it for longer, sometimes significantly longer, depending on how the server's death/spawn cycle works. None of this is an argument that the SBC Cannon shouldn't be limited — ten shots is a reasonable ceiling for a weapon of that magnitude, and ammo scarcity is a fine way to keep it from dominating every server-wide skirmish. But the ammo limit was already doing that job. Adding a death requirement on top doesn't make the weapon more balanced; it just makes it more frustrating to use responsibly, and it nudges player behavior in an unnatural direction. Reverting to the old re-equip-on-empty system would restore player agency, keep the existing ammo cap as the real balancing lever, and get back to the freedom that made using — and fighting against — the SBC Cannon fun in the first place.
-
Sure you don't want to flip it? Goldfish0 STEAM_0:0:138602337 Im grateful for ram ranch
-
Ok now give me all your goldfish
-
Here are the results from the recent "Tits Anon Feedback Poll - Summer 2024" I know some of you might dismiss this with random claims as to its legitimacy. If you think that the poll didn't cover enough ground or didn't allow respondents to be specific in their responses, I'd reccomend making your own poll https://imgur.com/a/Lfw0zrr Thanks, Goldfish
-
There are already enough questions to make people complain, and this isn't all about staff its about the server in general, there's also two sections where you can type whatever you want about anything. Again, I'd recommend making your own, its free and very easy even for people who might be a little slow.
-
Would you say getting comm removed or 6 month'd while staff, applies to "staffing" in that regard?
-
30 Responses is not enough to get the full picture but luckily no one has decided to spam the shit out of it yet so it should give some idea. Also for anyone who thinks this survey could be improved upon or feel my questions are biased or vague, I would recommend three paths : Making your own damn survey and/or Actually being constructive with the survey results once they are released instead of just throwing shade at people you don't like. or you could always just https://imgur.com/gallery/shut-oQLd3k7 Something I find very off about the staff team's approach to handling problematic people is how it seems they just wait until a victim builds some kind of air tight case against said problematic person . Unless of course the problematic person has a bad reputation with staff team in which case it's just an all out witch hunt. I think it'd be interesting for y'all to do a survey amongst the staff team if you think that is the best route. But in reality, I feel pretty confident saying that finding people who will actually take staffing a dying video game server seriously and handle situations with integrity are very very hard to come by. Maybe keep them around but reconsider letting players who have horrible track records with rule breaking become staff again/for the first time. https://imgur.com/a/eq88wRl
-
https://imgur.com/a/dDWV1or https://imgur.com/a/NCnfsxN I don't know how to format so this is the best I got for now
-
Yeah I just can't find away to do it right now without leaking my legal name and have the responses update at the same time. I am about to release some more stuff about the results so far though. The admin/smod questions are kind of obvious how they'd be answered but I'm sure people are curious, would really like some more responses, only 30 on the main for so far.
-
This isn't true and Rubik can let you know too if you don't want to take my word for it. The only other thing that is being collected besides answers is the time and date you submitted your responses. Plus I'm pretty sure that it literally says at the start that your email won't be shown to the form creator too.
-
It's actually pretty funny. I disagree with the private responses more but you can think what you want lol
-
Unfortunately pointless maliciousness is pretty prevalent in this community so I did what I thought would work best, feel free to do the same thing if you think what we have here is so terrible.
-
Please don't turn this thread into a tin foil hat type argument, just doing this to hopefully push the server in a better direction and start discussions based on facts rather than a bunch of puff
-
Rubik told me I couldn't collect any personal data so I did my best to work around that. If you answer seriously I'm guessing the others might fall in line so I appreciate that, regardless there is another instance floating around between 20-30 active players I trust so we will have that too. Unless I find a way to protect my info a little better in the short term I won't be releasing the responses publicly until they've slowed down in like a week or so but if you a real one hmu and I'll shoot it to you.
-
Hi all, going to release a second version to those I know won't bullshit so do your best to just be down to earth and honest, thanks! https://forms.gle/ZCgJMtsD8HnV2Cgb6 EDIT : IF I SENT YOU THE PRIVATE ONE IGNORE THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY DONE IT AND DO THE PUBLIC ONE Don't want to have any duplicate responses if/when i merge the two
-
this is getting out of hand waffle... you are just shoving it in our face atp
-
Governemt Torcher of Sentient Lamps (EXPOSED)
Goldfish0 replied to Dupes are for RP's topic in Discussion
Real. -
Coinflip it all back ez
- 24 replies
-
- helpmakioutofdebt
- 1.5bdebt
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with: