Incremental Debt

Sewer

If you had CC items and left for an extended amount of time, your items get removed and everyone who bought them can get a refund via the CC Editor. If that user comes back on, if they didn't have the money in their account to pay back people, they accrue a debt to the CC editor that they must pay before they can use it again. 

I would like to suggest that instead of making one large payment all at once, that you can periodically pay your debt off here and there. This would incline players to pay it off sooner rather than later and get back to their CC editing. 

Example: You owe 67 mil to the CC editor. You pay 5 mil for today, your remaining debt is 62mil. You still can't use the CC editor, but it made a sizeable dent in your debt.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Zesty said:

Just don't sell your custom content on the cc editor, simple fix

This is not a solution to players who are active and want to passively make money on the server without being online 24/7.
Sewer's suggestion is a good one, I figured this would have already been the case, especially with taxes and stuff I can see how this would be beneficial. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rubik said:

This is not a solution to players who are active and want to passively make money on the server without being online 24/7.
Sewer's suggestion is a good one, I figured this would have already been the case, especially with taxes and stuff I can see how this would be beneficial. 

was a joke 😞

• Failfish 1

5 hours ago, HIDDEN said:

Personally, I don't even really use CC's and I personally don't like how they're implemented in the server, HOWEVER, I had no idea you can acquire debt, especially ones above the 10mil mark when people refund your stuff. I personally hope that the debt system gets reworked somehow because if I was a player who really liked my CC models but hated grinding and I left the server but come back after a few years, I don't think I would be inclined to stick around if I have to pay 62million dollars before I am even able to use my CC models I purchased with real money.

that's fair, but how would you feel if you spend 60mil on a model and the owner goes inactive for a month and you're out a model and 60mil? This feature was added to accommodate players who purchase models through the CC editor but the owner did not have enough money to refund them. 

• Like 1

We're definitely open to community feedback / suggestions on it, but obviously the owner should be on the hook for the refund because they are the one that received the money. If we just refunded all the players via the console then it would create an infinite money loop where people just go afk, all their friends get refunds, they split the cash, restore their items and repeat. The seller needs to be financially responsible for refunds for the system to work.