To Regards to how things have been handled on Oct 1st

White Crow

3 minutes ago, Rubik said:

You are simply not reading my responses. I am fully aware of this and I even addressed it in my previous reply. I know how the economy works, this specific exploit required players to do multiple steps to obtain an item for free, and then enchant it. I know with 100% certainty that no one, including staff, spawns with a legendary adminstick in their weapon wheel.

Let me reiterate, these players were not banned for having an unobtainable item, they were banned for abusing an exploit that allowed them to drop something that they spawned with, enchant it, and sell for a profit. That is totally different than obtaining a useless item through an in-game mechanic such as kidnapping. 

2 minutes ago, Rubik said:

So you think it's okay for players to be walking around with 800+ million dollars, maxed out gangs,  committing raids & bank heists using custom classes with 50 weapon slots, all purchased with exploited money?

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say Rubik I'm not trying to justify breaking the rules im sorry if it seems that way

10 minutes ago, Rubik said:

The line is drawn where to attempt to gain a profit from it.

Let's say player A kidnaps a staff on duty and gets a adminstick. He picks it up, realizes it's worthless because he can't inventory it, drop it, or anything like that.

Player B does the exact same thing, except he uses an exploit that allows him to actually drop it. He puts an enchantment token on it, gets a legy & now he's able to inventory it and sell it on the AH for 500k. 

Player A should not be banned for this, he did not do anything wrong. A bug in the game allowed him to obtain an item he should not have, but that was the end of it. Player B tries to abuse said bug for a profit & succeeds.

That is where the line is drawn. 

Like I said before players who didn't sell the duped leges from dropping the stack of weapons on the enchantment token really didn't get punished other than the inventory being wiped (which is understandable they were duped weapons and could still be sold so them being wiped is reasonable imo) and the players who actually did profit from the exploit got banned for however long they did. So yeah this checks out pretty much.

Y'all have to realize that its entirely the players fault IF THEY DO NOT BRING THE EXPLOIT TO THE SUPER ADMINS. Players will get punished for that if they ABUSE an exploit and don't report it. ESPECIALLY if its to gain a profit from selling shit.

Edited by Tass

1 minute ago, Tass said:

Like I said before players who didn't sell the duped leges from dropping the stack of weapons on the enchantment token really didn't get punished other than the inventory being wiped (which is understandable they were duped weapons and could still be sold so them being wiped is reasonable imo) and the players who actually did profit from the exploit got banned for however long they did. So yeah this checks out pretty much.

Y'all have to realize that its entirely the players fault IF THEY DO NOT BRING THE EXPLOIT TO THE SUPER ADMINS. Players will get punished for that if they ABUSE an exploit and don't report it. ESPECIALLY if its to gain a profit from selling shit.

IF THEY DO NOT BRING THE EXPLOIT TO THE SUPER ADMINS. what if they dont know and these bans where emotionally charged with frustration?

3 minutes ago, White Crow said:

IF THEY DO NOT BRING THE EXPLOIT TO THE SUPER ADMINS. what if they dont know and these bans where emotionally charged with frustration?

How do you not know if you are exploiting...

Why do you say what if these bans were emotionally charged with frustration? You really think Rubik is gonna get angry at his computer because someone exploited in gmod when he can just ban them?

Edited by Tass

I understand, I just think you are not considering the bigger picture. I think it would help if I explained a little further on the ripple effect this type of incident has & restate that we are talking about two completely different exploits here.
Allowing players to enchant weapons that they spawn with means that you could make 250k+ as fast as you can type kill in console and drop an item from your inventory. This MUST be patched & the people who obtained money from it SHOULD have their entire progress wiped, I think we can all agree on that.

Now, how do we prevent this from happening again? I think giving these players a get out of jail free card, allowing them back onto the server with a empty inventory is only going to incentivize them to find more exploits to recuperate their losses. They have proven to us that we cannot trust them so it's like like we can say "hey, we will let you back only if you promise us you will report any exploits you find".

We operate on a system of trust; we trust the players will not abuse the system and will report bugs and exploits to us, not abuse them. If you break that trust, it's very hard to justify having you back! If someone could PROVE our logs are false, that they did not know about this exploit prior to obtaining the items, then I'm sure Sugar would agree with me when I say that we would absolutely consider re-evaluating their ban. 

5 minutes ago, White Crow said:

Like I said multiple times, these bans were issued based on logs that were collected over multiple months. There was no emotion involved other than a sense of relief once we were done logging and ready to patch the exploit. 

Just now, Rubik said:

Like I said multiple times, these bans were issued based on logs that were collected over multiple months. There was no emotion involved other than a sense of relief once we were done logging and ready to patch the exploit. 

Nah rubik tell the truth, you are seething and crying at your computer rn just hovering the ban button on everyone who ever exploited :karen: