Change how bans work

daily24

I suggest that bans function how they do on CosmicNetworks, where banned users cannot communicate at all or do anything, only walk around.

This would let banned players access logs in order to gather evidence they might need for an appeal. Plus it'd be fun to RDM the banned players.

• Confused 1

This would be THE worst way to punish players, allowing them on the server after breaking rules, just to walk around... Those players could communicate to people on 3rd party software like Discord/Steam Messages and tell their friends to kill players X,Y,Z....

This would not work in the slightest, plus we have A LOT of perm banned players, and if we did this, we're just giving them a free pass to come back to be ornaments, its just not punishment..

7 minutes ago, dailyyy said:

Plus it'd be fun to RDM the banned players.

This also would result in A LOT of punishments, no matter the circumstance or player, RDM is not allowed outside of the RDM Zone..

Ban system is just fine the way it is.

Edited by Professional Jay Walker

8 minutes ago, Professional Jay Walker said:

This would be THE worst way to punish players, allowing them on the server after breaking rules, just to walk around... Those players could communicate to people on 3rd party software like Discord/Steam Messages and tell their friends to kill players X,Y,Z....

This would not work in the slightest, plus we have A LOT of perm banned players, and if we did this, we're just giving them a free pass to come back to be ornaments, its just not punishment..

This also would result in A LOT of punishments, no matter the circumstance or player, RDM is not allowed outside of the RDM Zone..

Ban system is just fine the way it is.

after reading this i have realized my suggestion was a terrible idea

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Professional Jay Walker said:

Ay, all suggestions are welcome, other people might have different opinions on this than what I do and I'm curious to see what people have to say

true, i dont really see much of what you mentioned happen on cosmicnetworks anyways

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frank fontaine said:

i dont think this really adds anything of value to the server but it's really not difficult to make a banned job that cant do anything so im gonna go with a strong neutral on this one

Agreed with frank, no value is gained.

The reason why some servers do this is to boost player count. I can imagine a lot of players would join just to walk around in their banned state. Doesn't make too much sense in my opinion to add something like this.