EvoCity

Salted Seabass

Who wants to switch the map to EvoCity  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants to switch the map to EvoCity

• Hell yeah, EvoCity is dank af
    • Hell no, EvoCity is shitty af

Hey everyone who's reading this post! I am going to be going door to door for a pole asking people what's more dank, EvoCity or the typical dark rp map. So I would like your opinion. 

Pros of EvoCity - More rp, less mass rdm, more privacy, trees, lake, more cars, your able to drive your car and you don't have to stop every 5 seconds to turn, MORE RP, legit buildings, the cops are actually fun to be, ect...

Cons of EvoCity - New players might be confused, less interaction with other players on the outskirts of the city, travel will be harder without a car or lightsaber, you have to download the map (obviously) and a few more

So yeah pick what you guys would prefer the map to be! :)

MAP CHANGE = SERVER SUICIDE

The thing that killed the server was the leveling system, the job npcs, and the crafting.

I think that if we just change the map and keep everything the way it is, the server will be so much more fun to play on. Am I the only one that thinks the server died for the things that were added with the map or something? It was never the map, it was the things that he added with the map

No it was the map that killed the server, people don't like change. Everyone hates downtown, but it's the only map people will play. Sugar only uses a map change as a population resetter (new group of players come in after we go back to downtown)

New players didn't join because all of our usuals stopped playing because they hated the update. Almost everyone I asked said that they liked the map, but they all disliked everything else. They hated the leveling system, the new crafting, ect...

If you disliked the map then we'll know by you guys using voting on the poll

I can back up Ida on this one. Everyone I talked to loved the map but didn't like the crafting and all those other things (me included). You see many people like the deathmatch part of things, but with crafting and limited props, this is simply taken away. Me and others tried to build a base with the limited props, but it just doesn't work. I vote to change map but to keep everything the same like it is now.

No it was the map that killed the server, people don't like change. Everyone hates downtown, but it's the only map people will play. Sugar only uses a map change as a population resetter (new group of players come in after we go back to downtown)

Well it's not like I did it before to do that. Legit did it because I thought it would work. But if the community is every too weird and needs a flushing, a map change will fix that lol

The map was cool and everything was so barebones it was ballistic. It was my frirst real time even coding anything for the server. I tried progressing everything as fast as I could but I was unable to keep the playerbase. Map will never change though. I made that promise already. Unless we get our own map, it will never change from generic pooptown v4c until this server dies.

I talked to the owner of the old DarkRP server I was staff on, he gave the best statement about DarkRP, ever:

"Nowadays everybody wants AIDS, so I'm changing the map to downtown again and making sure the server has the highest toxicity level possible."

Literally the best way to describe it.

Tits you still aren't getting what the players and I are saying. We never disliked the map, at first it was kinda weird but then we all loved it. If it hadn't been for the leveling and every other new feature that everyone complained about then the server wouldn't have died. If we change the map some people will leave, but do you really want toxic server that has 50 people on it then a server that has 30 people on it but actually role play? 

Listen so many people are done with all of the cancer on the server. More and more people who play on this server everyday will leave if the current problems aren't fixed. So would you rather have a loyal player base, or a player base of 12 year olds who join just to rdm and make everyone else feel like shit?