[Official] Suggestions for the Server

TitsRP

Give VIP the option to votekick , as someone who often plays at off hours when no staff is on i often see people breaking many rules and angering the playerbase.

They used to have the ability to do that, then it was abused by someone who tried to kick Erston.

Give VIP the option to votekick , as someone who often plays at off hours when no staff is on i often see people breaking many rules and angering the playerbase.

They used to have the ability to do that, then it was abused by someone who tried to kick Erston.

??????????????????

That's fucked up...

Whatever happened to my suggestion about the dj class.  I thought that was an amazing idea.  Get rid of the mic spamming hobos!! Down with the hobos.

Easy fix, give moderators+ access to stop vote and kick/warn the votekicker if (s)he does it for a stupidreason.

I would like to suggest raising the prop limit just a little more if possible.

I'm not sure what its at right now, but decorating my homes and bases is a big part of DarkRP for me and it just seems like there isn't a high enough limit.

I'm not sure what its at right now, but decorating my homes and bases is a big part of DarkRP for me and it just seems like there isn't a high enough limit.

The prop limit as of this current second is 50 for users and 75 for VIP. Once I get on, I am going to lower it to 40 for users and 50 for VIP (I think that's what I said)

Reason being is that props can easily crash the server in an abundance and generate a higher CPU usage. I would love for everyone to build what ever their heart desires, I am not for restricting your building but the fact is, the source engine can only hold so much and do so much.

This is the reason why a lot of sacrifices have to be made is because its needed to raise the player count. We are a VERY optimized DarkRP server in terms of clientside and serverside performance. If you go on 95% of any other server that has a player limit of 32 - 50 they may be maxing out on their usage and it will cause undesirable gameplay.

Which is why we run very basic addons and have restrictions on a lot of tools and ect. It sucks but it's the only way to get things working properly. Unfortunately, we are not SuperiorServers. I am the only one that can do x y and z in terms of helping the server internally and I am also not as smart as them. In time, things will get better / get replaced and ect. I hope you understand where I am coming from. Just think of it like this: would you rather have a prop limit of 40 - 50 with 65+ players running smoothly or would you rather have 50 - 75 props with 50-ish players running smoothly.

Also think of this. If every player was a VIP and spawned in their max prop limit, we would have 4,875 props. Making it 50 for VIP is still 3,250. A lot of servers don't even allow a prop limit of 20+ but you're 100% right when you say that building bases and decorating them is a huge part of DarkRP but 40 - 50 is more than an abundance. If you need more, I would just team up with someone so you can double the size of your base.

Neki is the irl meme stick that would be an awsome job but i think it shuld be vip only and neki you should make more job ideas i think the more jobs the more people will join and neki has a creative mind and thinks all outcomes out before submiting his ideas (O¬O) :heart:

The prop limit as of this current second is 50 for users and 75 for VIP. Once I get on, I am going to lower it to 40 for users and 50 for VIP (I think that's what I said)

Reason being is that props can easily crash the server in an abundance and generate a higher CPU usage. I would love for everyone to build what ever their heart desires, I am not for restricting your building but the fact is, the source engine can only hold so much and do so much.

This is the reason why a lot of sacrifices have to be made is because its needed to raise the player count. We are a VERY optimized DarkRP server in terms of clientside and serverside performance. If you go on 95% of any other server that has a player limit of 32 - 50 they may be maxing out on their usage and it will cause undesirable gameplay.

Which is why we run very basic addons and have restrictions on a lot of tools and ect. It sucks but it's the only way to get things working properly. Unfortunately, we are not SuperiorServers. I am the only one that can do x y and z in terms of helping the server internally and I am also not as smart as them. In time, things will get better / get replaced and ect. I hope you understand where I am coming from. Just think of it like this: would you rather have a prop limit of 40 - 50 with 65+ players running smoothly or would you rather have 50 - 75 props with 50-ish players running smoothly.

Also think of this. If every player was a VIP and spawned in their max prop limit, we would have 4,875 props. Making it 50 for VIP is still 3,250. A lot of servers don't even allow a prop limit of 20+ but you're 100% right when you say that building bases and decorating them is a huge part of DarkRP but 40 - 50 is more than an abundance. If you need more, I would just team up with someone so you can double the size of your base.

Well, personal opinion, I think we should get a bigger map. think about it this way. At this point if the server is full, and everyone is using all of their props, downtown would probably be full, completely. Over 8,000 props. I'm not saying we should switch to evocity, as you don't want to, but maybe to a bigger downtown. Maybe sewers, or some secret areas? heck, I saw one map where it was downtown, but it had spawn, then the small tunnel into town was replaced with a staircase to an undertown, then it had one part of the map with a giant mansion, that was basically a mega base. The mansion could only be claimed with like 5 people. I just think a bigger map would be cool if we are to increase the player limit.

Well, personal opinion, I think we should get a bigger map. think about it this way. At this point if the server is full, and everyone is using all of their props, downtown would probably be full, completely. Over 8,000 props. I'm not saying we should switch to evocity, as you don't want to, but maybe to a bigger downtown. Maybe sewers, or some secret areas? heck, I saw one map where it was downtown, but it had spawn, then the small tunnel into town was replaced with a staircase to an undertown, then it had one part of the map with a giant mansion, that was basically a mega base. The mansion could only be claimed with like 5 people. I just think a bigger map would be cool if we are to increase the player limit.

I think a bigger map would be an awesome idea.

We will never ever switch maps ever in the remaining span of this server's lifetime. We have done it 9 times so far and each time has resulted in a dead playerbase within a week.

Although, the only positive thing I can say about switching maps is that it refreshes the community.

I usually switch maps when the community is just too silly and too bloodthirsty. It takes around a week for a whole new group to come in. It's a strange process but I like you guys so I don't really want to "refresh" the community. If we ever do switch maps, don't think of it as a perma switch. At this point, I know that switching maps will always result to a dead server.

I always go with the phrase "No one really like this map but it's the only map anyone will play". When it comes down to it, would you rather play on a server with 10 - 30 people or a server with 40 - 65 people.

I would love a custom map that is a glorified downtown but I don't think we have a big enough community to sustain it and also it's going to cost one fine penny to get a good one made because I sure as heck am not making the map. ($150 - $300)

• Rubik unpinned this topic