[Official] Suggestions for the Server

TitsRP

When a Bounty Hunter's target leaves the server, they recieve a message that states "Your target left town, time to find a new target" and still have to wait the cooldown to find another target. It is not the Bounty Hunter's fault that their target stopped playing, which is why I believe the cooldown should be removed in that situation.

This can be abused. 

For example, if you and your friend gets online and your friend becomes the bounty, you ask your friend to log off so you can find a new target rather than killing your friend. (Repeat if needed to farm a certain player)

Cooldowns were made for a reason.

When a Bounty Hunter's target leaves the server, they recieve a message that states "Your target left town, time to find a new target" and still have to wait the cooldown to find another target. It is not the Bounty Hunter's fault that their target stopped playing, which is why I believe the cooldown should be removed in that situation.

+1 for this. Probably a bug?

Make "revenge" counters against the rules. When a situation is over, it is no longer allowed to be countered. Examples:

Kidnapping, the situation is over when the player kidnapped has been released.

Arresting, the situation is over when the player has been arrested or fined.

Raiding, the situation is over when the player has walked away from the base. 

Mugging, the situation is over when the player being mugged has dropped the money or died.

General firefights, the situation is over when one player is dead.

Close calls like if someone started shooting and hit the guy a second after the situation ended should be counted as human error and not punished. 

Make it so party names display with player names.

Raise hazmat limit. Ebola still happens and one hazmat AFK dead in spawn is not enough hazmats for everyone to get their bleach. Make it like 2 or 3. I know preacher can cure it but there can only be one of those, too, and they're usually just RDMing. Plus you'll get shot 80% of the time for hitting people with a book.

Edit: Fix Hazmats not getting money for curing people, putting it here because I'm not sure if it's intended or not. I don't see anything mentioned in the update notes.

Make "revenge" counters against the rules. When a situation is over, it is no longer allowed to be countered. Examples:

Kidnapping, the situation is over when the player kidnapped has been released.

Arresting, the situation is over when the player has been arrested or fined.

Raiding, the situation is over when the player has walked away from the base. 

Mugging, the situation is over when the player being mugged has dropped the money or died.

General firefights, the situation is over when one player is dead.

Close calls like if someone started shooting and hit the guy a second after the situation ended should be counted as human error and not punished. 

Make it so party names display with player names.

Raise hazmat limit. Ebola still happens and one hazmat AFK dead in spawn is not enough hazmats for everyone to get their bleach. Make it like 2 or 3. I know preacher can cure it but there can only be one of those, too, and they're usually just RDMing. Plus you'll get shot 80% of the time for hitting people with a book.

Edit: Fix Hazmats not getting money for curing people, putting it here because I'm not sure if it's intended or not. I don't see anything mentioned in the update notes.

The revenge counters are not generally allowed. The premise for a counter to take place is that you have to be involved with that situation taking place. If everyone who "countered" a situation actually did it correctly then countering a situation wouldn't even be called a counter, it would be called roleplay. Countering imo is really straight forward. If the person who you're about to "counter" has absolutely no clue who you are, why you're about to kill them, how you're involved with the situation, ect, then you have no right to kill them. All it takes is some communication. This makes it hard for people who are typing but maybe I can think of something for that.

It's also my fault since the way I recoded voice chat around 8 months ago is kinda iffy. There is up to a second delay on transmitting voice + the delay for the server to get a message that you're now talking + some other calculations that has to be ran for the server to finally allow you to hear other voices. For example, someone can be counting down from 3 and when they get to 0, you will hear them on 2 or 1. It will be my top priority to fix that after I finish recoding the Clothing Vendor (I promised a month+ ago that I was going to do a major update to it and worked on the Anti-cheat and Mayor update instead + played a lot of league and they are getting antsy)

Hazmats seem to be relatively broken in a few areas. When you said there shouldn't only be one Hazmat, I thought to myself "I made it so 5 can be on" until I saw that I somehow commented out half of the job and combined it with the pet job somehow. Hazmats don't even have their console, they have a dog bite swep

I will look into them not getting paid, I may of accidentally removed that too somehow

As the hacker job only allows you to keypad crack and raid there should be more use as in adding in atms which the hacker can hack for money and maybe only making the /anon for hackers to add in to the "hacker" theme

As the hacker job only allows you to keypad crack and raid there should be more use as in adding in atms which the hacker can hack for money and maybe only making the /anon for hackers to add in to the "hacker" theme

+1 to the additional tools for Hacker Job

-1 to the /anon or hacker(s) only

It's anonymous for a reason rather than seeing a hacker in the street and points him out 

"OH THERE HE IS! HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO KILL THE MAYOR IN /ANON" "ARREST HIM FOR DISRESPECTING GOVERNMENT" 

"How do you even know he said it?"

"He's on the hacker job and only hackers can talk in /anon"

+1 to the additional tools for Hacker Job

-1 to the /anon or hacker(s) only

It's anonymous for a reason rather than seeing a hacker in the street and points him out 

"OH THERE HE IS! HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO KILL THE MAYOR IN /ANON" "ARREST HIM FOR DISRESPECTING GOVERNMENT" 

"How do you even know he said it?"

"He's on the hacker job and only hackers can talk in /anon"

Yea true also i thought of the Hacker job being able to hack into actual stuff like hacking into mayors panels, hacking into printers etc but you have to be skilled with it or the cops get alerted and can come arrest you

Ok so I love the sound of the hacker being able to hack other objects, things like:

~ Mayors Pannel ( Would allow him to use the pannel for a short moment all cooldowns reset and after he uses it, it goes down for a certian amount of time )

~ Bounty Board ( Allow him to remove peoples names/bounties and/or add people )

~ Health and Armor Station ( Able to turn it back on after mayor turns it off, able to set prices lower for a short time )

~ Hack Printers ( Able to hack a printer from someone else into becoming his printer )

~ Hack NPCs ( Able to hack NPCs into giving better prices when selling items for a small amount of time )

Also maybe adding an EMP grenade into the game to make peoples HUD harder to see and temperately freeze their printers/miners.

Also fix flashbangs < I'll make a bug report

Mayor's panel sounds like a good idea, but make it really hard like there has to be a mayor so he has to infiltrate and hack without the mayor knowing, possible if we have an incompetent mayor. He could tax the PD or something crazy. Mayor allowing this to happen is serious failRP, hackers are automatic KOS past second door.

Hacker could hack bounty board to remove his own bounty.

Health and armor station sounds like a good idea, if there's a price change maybe make it for all players.

People will switch to hacker to hack printers and switch back. There's no commitment if you take the printer back to your base. 

I dunno about NPCs.

Hacker should become a vote job if they can get equipment like an EMP grenade. If not I think the extra hax above wouldn't be too much since it all goes on in the PD, and cops usually don't let people break the law. (Except yesterday where FOUR FUCKING COPS were watching someone break into a car...)

• Rubik unpinned this topic